Dawnwing as your nationwide courier

Pardon me?
Yep not talking about you guys at all. I was speaking about the couriers - I have contacted dawnwing via facebook now as well, since I am getting conflicting stories from every person I speak to there.

I just wanted to bring it to your attention, I did the same with mantality - I had a parcel from them also get lost - during this month and they also use Dawnwing. But apparently they are now investigating other options since my parcel was the 12th one since Jan to go missing on an overnight delivery.

Just to let you all know, the parcel was delivered just now. I have let the people at Dawnwing know.

Glad you received your parcel, the couriers just don't know how anxiously we await our vapemail :)

That's good news, @VapeGrrl will be kicking up a hornets nest about this I assure you. For future reference, if any customer has problems with Dawn Wing customer service please do let us know? There are acceptable reasons for late delivery but there are no acceptable reasons for bad customer service from them!

We do insist on regular delivery statistics from Dawn Wing and they are able to maintain a 96%+ on time delivery average except over the Christmas period or at times when there is industrial labour action taking place.

That's good news, @VapeGrrl will be kicking up a hornets nest about this I assure you. For future reference, if any customer has problems with Dawn Wing customer service please do let us know? There are acceptable reasons for late delivery but there are no acceptable reasons for bad customer service from them!

We do insist on regular delivery statistics from Dawn Wing and they are able to maintain a 96%+ on time delivery average except over the Christmas period or at times when there is industrial labour action taking place.
I just had a 15min conversation from one of the managers at Dawn wing as well. They apologised for the horrific service. I told them if I was in an outlaying area I could deal with it. But the fact that when you call them 5 times, sit on hold for 10mins each time and 4 out of the 5 times and then the call gets dropped, is unacceptable, the fact that I spoke to 4 different people in the past 2 days that couldnt even tell me if the parcel is on the truck was the last straw. The fact that I had to complain again on their facebook page to get a parcel delivered was the last straw.
I really dont blame you guys at all - You guys on your end do everything to get us our mail. Its just sad that the courier companies have such a monopoly since we are reliant on them.I don't yell at the random innocents, I do yell and become vocal about bad service - I am the one who will say something about great service or bad service very quickly, unfortnately not every one likes it when I do. But how else will companies know when they do something right or wrong.

Thanks for this @Wyvern .

I for one like to see this more often, we praise our local vendors for their international level service, we should expect the same from all industries and raise our voices if we do not. It's not about being entitled, it is about creating a competitive market.

I've had poor experiences with dawnwing also and as such don't use vendors that use them. Wyvern has the right idea however in raising this so vendors can take action if they so choose.

This was an interesting thread...couriers are a hit and miss affair. I've had good and bad service from DHL, FastMail, MDS, TCG, Aramex and some other place I forget which. I think it is very much the point made by @BumbleBee and @Oupa that it is a franchise. You never know o_O , it is frustrating as @Wyvern experienced, sympathies. Great to see @JakesSA taking the steps to resolve the issue, still love my country despite all the probs.

And as always The Courier Guy was here before 8am delivering an order from CT! And yes no courier is perfect but TCG for deliveries to Durban is unparalleled! :rock:

A typical Dawn Wing tracking result for my parcels to Koringberg. This one from @Vapers Corner. Or course they are lying - they have neither attempted delivery, nor have they contacted me.

WvtfkJE.jpg

Hmmmm, if this keeps up I'll have to look at alternatives :(

Hi Andrey

This is inexcusable!!

We will follow up with dawnwing!

Thank you or bringing this to our attention
Lol, you are quick. I did email you this for info. Adding it here was no reflection on Vapers' Corner, to the contrary - your service has always been great. Just wanted to add it to the body of knowledge regarding this courier.

i've had the best courier experience with vapers corner , vapemail before i even started to have my breakfast !
this was a first ever

i've had the best courier experience with vapers corner , vapemail before i even started to have my breakfast !
this was a first ever

I get that when a vendor sends with The Courier Guy! He is pressing the button before 8am most times! :rock:

I cant believe that I am reviving this thread again. The guys at Vape Club know about this, they are sending me the items once it gets in stock again. I do believe its time to stop using these guys now.

Another parcel totally and completely lost. I believe it never even made it to the depo in JHB. No matter what their tracking says - there is even a fake signed delivery form - that magically appeared after the long weekend - After I was sent this fake proof of signature - we noticed it was signed at 7:13 in the morning - the address the parcel was sent to is an office that only opens at 8:30. There was no one at the office at 7:30, we investigated from our side, going to ALL the neighbors in the street - NO ONE signed for it - no one's signature matches the one on the fake proof of delivery. Its now over a week and they still havent found the parcel. I am unfortunately after this incident, boycotting all companies that use Dawn Wing as couriers.

I do want to say that once I got hold of the guys at Vape Club (It did take longer than it should have - they are slow on responses - not responding via email and took a while before someone got back to me on the phone and whatsapp)

Fastway from VM specifically was the worst for me every time. So glad they changed couriers.

They would take more than a week to 2 each time and show "out for deilvery" and had me sitting and waiting eagerly at work until 6pm on a Friday. Even when the shipping was upgraded to overnight express, it was still a minimum of a week.

Strangely, I had other suppliers also using them and every other order was delivered next day before 9am. I even had instances where I ordered from other places after the courier picked this order 1 from VM and delivered order 2 from the same depot before order 1 one. It would get misdirected to Pta every single time and added a week to get back to where it came from while they drove the parcel past me twice to go across depots. Other times as I tracked and they'd be in my area 2 minutes away so I waited until late they nothing and they'd only update from out for delivery to returned to warehouse a day or two later. Many times a parcel would be at the same depot at the same time as another suppliers parcel and one would be there bright and early next morning and this one would be in no mans land for many more days to come.

I had to log queries and complaints every single time since overnight a week or 2 later is a problem and they never responded or got back to you.

I cant believe that I am reviving this thread again. The guys at Vape Club know about this, they are sending me the items once it gets in stock again. I do believe its time to stop using these guys now.

Another parcel totally and completely lost. I believe it never even made it to the depo in JHB. No matter what their tracking says - there is even a fake signed delivery form - that magically appeared after the long weekend - After I was sent this fake proof of signature - we noticed it was signed at 7:13 in the morning - the address the parcel was sent to is an office that only opens at 8:30. There was no one at the office at 7:30, we investigated from our side, going to ALL the neighbors in the street - NO ONE signed for it - no one's signature matches the one on the fake proof of delivery. Its now over a week and they still havent found the parcel. I am unfortunately after this incident, boycotting all companies that use Dawn Wing as couriers.

I do want to say that once I got hold of the guys at Vape Club (It did take longer than it should have - they are slow on responses - not responding via email and took a while before someone got back to me on the phone and whatsapp)

Apologies for the initial delay @VapeGrrl, was not available for a few days last week. We do, of course, take this very seriously and will continue to stay in contact in regards to this incident.

Apologies for the initial delay @VapeGrrl, was not available for a few days last week. We do, of course, take this very seriously and will continue to stay in contact in regards to this incident.
Yep, now that there is contact, I am very happy with the support you guys have given. I all still very disappointed in Dawn Wing and now am awaiting contact details of a manager/owner of the company

Well at least the replacements came back in stock today and should be on its way now.

Well at least the replacements came back in stock today and should be on its way now.
Its officially out for delivery, I am keeping an eye on it because its with dawn wing and I will always worry about it.

But thanks for the help from your side, it is appreciated.

Thanks again to @VapeClub for sorting it all out. Got the tanks and am very happy tonight.

I was really hoping not to have to post in this thread but it appears dawn wing are terrible. After waiting all day for my item it appears they may have delivered the item to the wrong person without verifying their identity. I will now have to play policeman on Monday morning to figure out where it went. Terrible first experience with Vapeclub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back