Dead Rabbit SQ (22mm, BF, Single Coil)

That's an awesome review @Amir

Covered all aspects

@Amir out of curiosity have you tried a Dead Rabbit 24?

Rabbit 24 has a slightly bigger chamber but because it’s dual coil which generates more heat the vape quality is much better than the SQ. I liked the flavor on the bigger version. It’s a fair balance between air and flavor. The SQ is more air and less flavor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Amir - i'm just thinking out loud here, and want you to test something on your next SQ build. Try using a fatter wire and bigger build, 3.5mm, this should then force you to use more cotton - and ultimately get that chamber smaller. That might help a smidge. Something like this....

upload_2018-1-12_8-24-50.png

@Amir - i'm just thinking out loud here, and want you to test something on your next SQ build. Try using a fatter wire and bigger build, 3.5mm, this should then force you to use more cotton - and ultimately get that chamber smaller. That might help a smidge. Something like this....

View attachment 118825

I'm picking one up today = will do as suggested and report back!

View attachment 118825

On my to do list... I did swap out for a more aggressive coil but it was a quite hurried attempt and the coil was wound the wrong way so i didn't really take my time in setting it up properly... Just going through the morning office rituals and then I'll jump on it

On my to do list... I did swap out for a more aggressive coil but it was a quite hurried attempt and the coil was wound the wrong way so i didn't really take my time in setting it up properly... Just going through the morning office rituals and then I'll jump on it

Also - when you look through the slanted airflow, (considering how the air will shoot in) - just make sure that it hits the coil. The air probably needs to hit the coil on the sides.

upload_2018-1-12_10-22-43.png
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-12_10-21-48.png
    upload_2018-1-12_10-21-48.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 19
Also - when you look through the slanted airflow, (considering how the air will shoot in) - just make sure that it hits the coil. The air probably needs to hit the coil on the sides.

View attachment 118851
What do you guys think?

Yes, I have tried this with the regular Dear Rabbit but I found the angle doesn't allow the proper eye line up. Instead, i used a toothpick/paperclip and stick it though the slanted air slots and lined up the coil position that way = paperclip to touch the centre of the coil.

Ok so I went with a new coil... 3.5mm ID 7 wraps 24/32 flat Clapton at .45 ohm. Dropped the coil a bit lower, about 2mm off the posts and I can now officially say that flavor is much more intense than that of its bigger brother. It’s a warmer, more full and well rounded Vape than the previous build. Will update with coil performance after a few refills. Highly impressed with the flavor now with a few minor changes.

c827e3567a530c00c18cb43c4e1f3dd3.jpg

I see a few shops are selling these now, I am looking for the Full Black version as the artwork does not appeal to me at all. Does anybody know any retailers that got the full black in ?

I see a few shops are selling these now, I am looking for the Full Black version as the artwork does not appeal to me at all. Does anybody know any retailers that got the full black in ?
Ask in the Who has stock? thread.

Guess I should post up my opinions on it as well.

I got mine over the weekend in stainless steel version.

So I slapped a single coil fused clapton build on it, 3mm id with 6 wraps that comes out to .22ohms. Put it on my RSQ mod and started at 40 watts. Using the Monsta Vape sweet and sour juice and it wasn’t too bad. So took it up to 50watts and wow just wow, completely blew me away in all honesty. Usually I use that juice in my wotofo serpent smm rdta and I get pretty good flavour from it.
But in the dead rabbit sq it really comes alive with airflow wide open. Using the one tiny airflow is very restrictive but flavour is ok, 2 tiny hole option again isn’t as restrictive as just the one but quite restrictive. Flavour wise?? Better than just the one tiny airflow open.

All in all I love the dead rabbit sq but then I also loved the original dead rabbit.
I’ve ordered another dr sq in black though and another original dead rabbit in stainless steel.

To be honest I’ve pretty much put all my rdta tanks away, other than the serpent smm.

Would I recommend any of the DR’s?? Hell yes.

If you have @Amir could you do a comparison of them both please brother?

I love my DR 24 and i use it in single coil only and get amazing flavour from it.

My 2 top RDA are the DR 24 and flave 24, i have many others but none come close to these 2 giants for me.

I’ve trier using my dead rabbit 24mm in a single coil build but I didn’t find it all that flavourful compared to a dual build fused clapton.

I got some new wire the other day so might try another single coil build. Got some ni80 fused clapton wire which seems to be pretty good.

Guess I should post up my opinions on it as well.

I got mine over the weekend in stainless steel version.

So I slapped a single coil fused clapton build on it, 3mm id with 6 wraps that comes out to .22ohms. Put it on my RSQ mod and started at 40 watts. Using the Monsta Vape sweet and sour juice and it wasn’t too bad. So took it up to 50watts and wow just wow, completely blew me away in all honesty. Usually I use that juice in my wotofo serpent smm rdta and I get pretty good flavour from it.
But in the dead rabbit sq it really comes alive with airflow wide open. Using the one tiny airflow is very restrictive but flavour is ok, 2 tiny hole option again isn’t as restrictive as just the one but quite restrictive. Flavour wise?? Better than just the one tiny airflow open.

All in all I love the dead rabbit sq but then I also loved the original dead rabbit.
I’ve ordered another dr sq in black though and another original dead rabbit in stainless steel.

To be honest I’ve pretty much put all my rdta tanks away, other than the serpent smm.

Would I recommend any of the DR’s?? Hell yes.

How does the flavour compare to the 24mm?

If this atty even comes close to the flavour of the Entheon, forget the Hadaly because it will never happen, then i will lick my own balls after coaching cricket for 3 hours while being 35 degrees outside. :)
The design of this is just way off the path for a single coil 22mm atty meant for flavour production.
But .... thank goodness taste experience is subjective because of the flipside i am sure this will be a hit for many vapers. :)

Last edited:
If this atty even comes close to the flavour of the Entheon, forget the Hadaly because it will never happen, then i will lick my own balls after coaching cricket for 3 hours while being 35 degrees outside. :)
The design of this is just way off the path for a single coil 22mm atty meant for flavour production.

Never tired the entheon and at the price it’s selling at, don’t think I would buy one lol.

But as I said I find the flavour on the 22mm dead rabbit out of this world. But that’s me personally, I got it cheap enough as it is so even if it was rubbish it wouldn’t bother me too much.

A bold statement!

While I haven't tried either of the Dead Rabbits, just looking at their design makes me doubtful of the flavour producing ability. The top airflow and large-ish chamber just don't make sense to me. I found the same issues with the Pulse, but more so.

But, I could be wrong...

True .... they are expensive but if you win some cash rather go for the Hadaly if you into single coil 22mm atty's. :)

The Hadaly I’ve heard good things about but again expensive and out of stock everywhere in the U.K.

Saying that, at £80 for the entheon is pretty steep for an rda. They do have them in stock here in the U.K. and I’ve got some cash sitting in my PayPal account so might just pull the trigger on the entheon lol.

Decisions decisions. Lol

A bold statement!

While I haven't tried either of the Dead Rabbits, just looking at their design makes me doubtful of the flavour producing ability. The top airflow and large-ish chamber just don't make sense to me. I found the same issues with the Pulse, but more so.

But, I could be wrong...

That’s what I thought when I bought the original dead rabbit. But it works, the airflow is angled down and looking at various builds for the dead rabbit on YouTube. They say it’s best to make sure the coils are high up near the airflow slots.

Also it’s been pretty highly rated the Dead rabbit, won rda of the year on a few end of year vape polls. Also I watched quite a few reviewers doing a review on the dead rabbit and they all seemed to love it and rated it highly v

I’ve tried it both ways ie coils up high and coils down low and I couldn’t tell the difference between the high coil build or the low coil build. Both pretty much had the same taste although the high up coil build just had that little bit more flavour but it wasn’t a lot.

so might just pull the trigger on the entheon
Strictly speaking 22mm reduced chamber flavour atty's. ......... i would get a Hadaly clone above an authentic Entheon. Also see if they have the YFTK Sentinel RDA in stock in the UK. Gives you a 90% piece of the Hadaly pie experience. Great flavour and very attractive looking as an added bonus.

Strictly speaking 22mm reduced chamber flavour atty's. ......... i would get a Hadaly clone above an authentic Entheon. Also see if they have the YFTK Sentinel RDA in stock in the UK. Gives you a 90% piece of the Hadaly pie experience. Great flavour and very attractive looking as an added bonus.

Cool I shall have a look in a bit.

The Hadaly I’ve heard good things about but again expensive and out of stock everywhere in the U.K.

Saying that, at £80 for the entheon is pretty steep for an rda. They do have them in stock here in the U.K. and I’ve got some cash sitting in my PayPal account so might just pull the trigger on the entheon lol.

Decisions decisions. Lol

Check the classfieds I have an entheon for sale. Hadaly as well but it’s on hold for someone at the moment.

Back