Delivery failures...

Hardtail1969

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
@admin, feel free to move this, after reading, you feel it doesnt belong.

So, yesterday, i was on a whatsapp vape group, just reading messages, when a local vape shop owner, posted a free shipping with R500.00 or over online purchases.

I had been looking at buying some juice for a while, and figured i would take advantage, and save some bucks, so i do my shopping cart, and go to checkout, expecting to be able to complete the purchase and relax.

Instead, the vendors website, does not have the option for this special offer on shipping, and i elected to pay for premium same day shipping, not at this point worried about the free shipping, but wanting my juice in my hands, because lets face it, life without juice sucks.

The same day option was accepted, and i had ordered before cutoff time for this, as well as paymeny having been made, i went on with my day, having received order confirmation and shipment emails.

By late afternoon, i wondered why i had not heard anything, by 5, i now knew i would get zip, this being africa and all.

So, i followed up with the vendor, and waited.

When i received a reply, it was basically a list of excuses, and a thinly veiled attempt to blame me, for not being available to accept delivery.

Now, to illustrate, i live in a security estate. The street address can be found on gps, google earth, and most up to date driving software.
Further, security at this estate, is instructed to call the resident, and inform them of any visitor or delivery. They do this, and have done this many times before for me.

So, i said to the vendor, this is interesting, but at the end of the day, not my issue, my issue is that your transport supplier, which you chose to use for your deliveries, has failed to deliver the parcel within the agreed time frame. This is contract breach between me and the vendor.

The fact that the courier then blames me, for not being available, and not accepting phone calls (even a snotty mail instructing me to keep my phone switched on)?

I finally email the said courier company, asking if they are aware of their breach and their lax attitude, to which i then get a phone call from their service department... again, saying our guy tried multiple times yesterday, we called and called...

So, is it just me?

I mean, i pay for expedited shipping.
I am at home all day, phone switched on.
Security does not contact me to say "delivery".

Its stuff like this, that ruins a online shopping experience.

But i do now have my juice. After security called a few mins ago.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

What I can't figure out is why some courier companies would rather make the delivery a second time than getting to the gate, not getting an answer and calling your cell number. The very first vapemail I ever got, I hadn't even got a tracking number by the evening so I went to bed. I got up the next morning, booted up the PC and found a mail from the company saying they had called but I wasn't home so they would deliver again the next day. I didn't expect them to come at the crack of dawn when I hadn't even received a tracking number yet, and I can't hear hooting at the gate from my bedroom. But I do have my cell phone on the bedside table. Even if I had been asleep, the ringing would have woken me. Wouldn't dialing my cell number have been easier than delivering it again the next day? Or have cell phone calls become more expensive than petrol while I wasn't paying attention?

What gets me, is the audacious way they have of blaming you... "we called", "we tried multiple times", "ensure your phone is on".

Makes me tired, this attitude that is so South African

I think from now on, if a vendor uses this particular company, they can forget receiving a order from me again. I dont like paying for something i dont receive.

The Courier Guy is the local courier for me. Best by a country mile!
FedEx for international... miles better than any of the others!

What gets me, is the audacious way they have of blaming you... "we called", "we tried multiple times", "ensure your phone is on".

Makes me tired, this attitude that is so South African

Would love to know if they can prove they were there or called.

Old excuse from some courier companies.
I honestly believe it is high time that we name and shame companies for shoddy service. Let them find one of their clients using someone else due to poor service and they will get their arse into gear asap!

I think from now on, if a vendor uses this particular company, they can forget receiving a order from me again. I dont like paying for something i dont receive.

That's the attitude to take and see how quickly they get reputable delivery agencies and not some 16 year old on a motorcycle who pops in at the local arcade forgetting about YOU.

Couriers gets far worse when you are in a small town far away from any major city. I have sent goods that was only picked up 4 days after they where suppose to be picked up. On average goods would take 4 days when overnight shipping is selected. Quickest deliveries come from @Rob Fisher but i think he gets extra special treatment from couriers:--P

@Hardtail1969 I can completely understand your frustration.

We did have some teething issues getting the R500.00 Free Shipping to pull through to all regions and I did thank you for the error on our system. This was rectified and sorted promptly :)

Free Shipping has only ever applied to overnight orders, never to the premium same day service.
However, I can sympathise with your issue having not received the package having paid for it. Please understand from our point of view is we are at their mercy. We simply cannot delivery every order ourselves. We ship between 60-80 parcels every day Monday to Friday. of that around 35% are same day across Gauteng. We only have the info that they can pass on to us.

I have been in touch with them again this morning and I will email you a resolution now :)

Best regards

KD

Hi Kieran,

I thank you for your response, and will agree with you in regards to being at the mercy of your service provider.

I want to thank you for refunding me the same day shipping charges, i hope your service provider, the courier guy, does the same for you in turn.

I must admit as to being entirely puzzled with this situation as i received another delivery this morning at 0745, from the same company, and this time it seems they had no problems locating my address, or of obtaining access through my security service.

What I can't figure out is why some courier companies would rather make the delivery a second time than getting to the gate, not getting an answer and calling your cell number. The very first vapemail I ever got, I hadn't even got a tracking number by the evening so I went to bed. I got up the next morning, booted up the PC and found a mail from the company saying they had called but I wasn't home so they would deliver again the next day. I didn't expect them to come at the crack of dawn when I hadn't even received a tracking number yet, and I can't hear hooting at the gate from my bedroom. But I do have my cell phone on the bedside table. Even if I had been asleep, the ringing would have woken me. Wouldn't dialing my cell number have been easier than delivering it again the next day? Or have cell phone calls become more expensive than petrol while I wasn't paying attention?
Eish, no airtime bud. They cannot tell their ops manager they have no airtime because that is a driver requisite, so they just lie and claim to have phoned.

While i tend to agree, that perhaps that may be what the driver tells them, its a bit different when you (client) calls them and then gets accused or told its your fault etc.

While i tend to agree, that perhaps that may be what the driver tells them, its a bit different when you (client) calls them and then gets accused or told its your fault etc.

Luckily Courier Guy is run by Intertown in East London (Where I have an account) and I know all their tricks, while they know better than to bullshit me. I feel for you man, that is a crappy feeling. Others try it from time to time, mostly FedEx ZA. They seem to be the worst of the lot IMHO for domestic. Cannot comment on their international service.

Luckily Courier Guy is run by Intertown in East London (Where I have an account) and I know all their tricks, while they know better than to bullshit me. I feel for you man, that is a crappy feeling. Others try it from time to time, mostly FedEx ZA. They seem to be the worst of the lot IMHO for domestic. Cannot comment on their international service.
Ja, what gets me is that there seems to be no imagination involved in their excuses, almost like they are used on everyone, everytime, for every reason.

Surely they must realise that we arent all fools?

@admin, feel free to move this, after reading, you feel it doesnt belong.

So, yesterday, i was on a whatsapp vape group, just reading messages, when a local vape shop owner, posted a free shipping with R500.00 or over online purchases.

I had been looking at buying some juice for a while, and figured i would take advantage, and save some bucks, so i do my shopping cart, and go to checkout, expecting to be able to complete the purchase and relax.

Instead, the vendors website, does not have the option for this special offer on shipping, and i elected to pay for premium same day shipping, not at this point worried about the free shipping, but wanting my juice in my hands, because lets face it, life without juice sucks.

The same day option was accepted, and i had ordered before cutoff time for this, as well as paymeny having been made, i went on with my day, having received order confirmation and shipment emails.

By late afternoon, i wondered why i had not heard anything, by 5, i now knew i would get zip, this being africa and all.

So, i followed up with the vendor, and waited.

When i received a reply, it was basically a list of excuses, and a thinly veiled attempt to blame me, for not being available to accept delivery.

Now, to illustrate, i live in a security estate. The street address can be found on gps, google earth, and most up to date driving software.
Further, security at this estate, is instructed to call the resident, and inform them of any visitor or delivery. They do this, and have done this many times before for me.

So, i said to the vendor, this is interesting, but at the end of the day, not my issue, my issue is that your transport supplier, which you chose to use for your deliveries, has failed to deliver the parcel within the agreed time frame. This is contract breach between me and the vendor.

The fact that the courier then blames me, for not being available, and not accepting phone calls (even a snotty mail instructing me to keep my phone switched on)?

I finally email the said courier company, asking if they are aware of their breach and their lax attitude, to which i then get a phone call from their service department... again, saying our guy tried multiple times yesterday, we called and called...

So, is it just me?

I mean, i pay for expedited shipping.
I am at home all day, phone switched on.
Security does not contact me to say "delivery".

Its stuff like this, that ruins a online shopping experience.

But i do now have my juice. After security called a few mins ago.

I had a similar experience last year.

I placed an order and paid for Trinity by NCV at a local vape shop. I didn't want them to ship it to me so I chose "pick up" as the store was literally a 10 minute walk away. 4 hours after I placed the order I received no confirmation or anything so I go to the store and it's closed between 12:30 and 13:30. I tried calling the owner several times but no answer so I go again at 17:00 and it's again closed.

The next day I called the owner again several times and no response so I went and eventually got it during my lunch break. I email the owner to complain about this service and her excuses are that the staff need to take a lunch break and I could have picked up any time before 18:00. I then told her that her store is never open after 17:00 and it's ridiculous that the entire store is closed during lunch time!

I never got an apology or acknowledgement and the store closed down a month later - no doubt due to lack of customers which I can understand given their poor customer service

Yes, customer service, has many forms, but at the end of the day is part and parcel of what we pay for.
Retailers, vendors, manufacturers, service providers, they all feed off customers, and customers vote with their wallets.

That people in this day and age still open businesses and then provide the most lacking of service only works if you are a heart surgeon or a drug dealer

OMG. We all know what you think I'm going to say. We all know who the vendor is. We all know after all these years about our "love relationship". But guess what...?

I'm actually on the vendors side. @KieranD did offer free delivery for over 500. If it wasn't available on site, well that's its own story. He does answer WhatsApp and emails so client could have queried it.

But, I can not understand why vendors, not just this vendor, but all of the vendors seem to be brain washed with a couple of couiers.
I deal with every couier and Airlines all day everyday from the insides, and I know exactly what goes on.
The few brilliant couiers that will go out their way for service and more are not used. This I can't understand. Prices are almost the same. And we are vapers. We are used to the shipping costs. It comes with the territory.

Vendors. Give us options pls.
Let us chose sdx, onx, priority, and a list of vendors, even if it's a choice of two.
As vendors, you can't control what happens once the product leaves your shop, just give us options

Back