Dem builds

By hand is the best way coil master messes with the outer wrap.
Well... it seems
By hand is the best way coil master messes with the outer wrap.
Well... it seems by hand im messing the whole thing up... Lol.

I think I didn't Clapton the whole thing tight enough, which have some slack... tomorrow I'll try again...

I do them by hand for now. I need to invest in a coilmaster..

Hand wound is better - I find those coil master coilers tend to mess up the fine guages like 38 and 40ga wraps .

@Jp1905
I am using the Centro ball bearing swivels, how would you rate those? I ask because I'm really not impressed with the ones I am using.
Their not much better that the ones that come with the Daedalus...

@Jp1905
I am using the Centro ball bearing swivels, how would you rate those? I ask because I'm really not impressed with the ones I am using.
15272782535991750498579.jpg
I've been using these since day 1, haven't had a single issue with them and believe me when I say they work hard. Every 2 weeks I give them a squirt of Q10 for my own sake, not sure how necessary it is but I figure it can't do any harm.

@Jp1905

Well its early days for me and the swivels,but so far so good,much better that the crap I started with last night,cant imagine a fisherman even landing a guppi with that rubbish.

I paid R30 for three,also gave them some Q20 before starting,but wipe off excessive lubricant,otherwise you lubricate everything,your tv,floor,dog...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thread I should not have visited...would love to jump into this rabbit hole too but the wife won't be too happy if I should spend even more time away from her

Well its early days for me and the swivels,but so far so good,much better that the crap I started with last night,cant imagine a fisherman even landing a guppi with that rubbish.

I paid R30 for three,also gave them some Q20 before starting,but wipe off excessive lubricant,otherwise you lubricate everything,your tv,floor,dog...

I can relate so so much to this. When I still attempted to build aliens I used it on my fingers in the hope that it would help me with the correct tension...what a mistake, specially if you decide to wick a few moments later. o_O

Thanks @Jp1905 I also paid around R30 for mine. I found a pic of the brand, the ones I got are black and come ina pack of three.
centro-stainless-ball-bearing-swivel-tournament-snap.jpg

So far I'm running 4 in line but I am not sold on them. I am going to see if I can find the same brand your using.

Another thread I should not have visited...would love to jump into this rabbit hole too but the wife won't be too happy if I should spend even more time away from her
Oh would you stop bragging please! We get it, a girl loves you..... (crying in the forever alone corner);(

View attachment 133084
I've been using these since day 1, haven't had a single issue with them and believe me when I say they work hard. Every 2 weeks I give them a squirt of Q10 for my own sake, not sure how necessary it is but I figure it can't do any harm.

What brand are those @Steyn777 - I oil mine before every build let alone every 2 weeks. Always remember to keep some paper towel to catch the excess oil that flings off.
I think Centro is not the best brand to be using, it would be great if everyone could share what brand swivels their using.

good point, how can I convince my wife that making coils together will be awesome ?

I convinced my wife she could read in peace while I build coils downstairs. So far she has approved all purchases and even suggested I get a new 18v drill and some bigger clamps for the desk #SHOCK #HORROR

What brand are those @Steyn777 - I oil mine before every build let alone every 2 weeks. Always remember to keep some paper towel to catch the excess oil that flings off.
I think Centro is not the best brand to be using, it would be great if everyone could share what brand swivels their using.
For the life of me I cant remember. It was the only bearing swivels our little shop had and also the last packet. I have 4 connected together and the last 2 never moves

good point, how can I convince my wife that making coils together will be awesome ?
Just setup your build station in the living room or were you guys spend most of your time...the actual prep before the drill starts working will give you enough time to still have decent conversations.

Joh @Friep, leaps and bound bro.
I still remember your first post here, looking back, sad little coil that was ne.
Well done dude, looks great

Kept it simple today. 28/38 Clapton in parallel with 26g. Flavour is super... And those colours!

Attachments

• 20180526_112828.jpg
    20180526_112828.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180526_112802.jpg
    20180526_112802.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 52
  • 20180526_112842.jpg
    20180526_112842.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 54
Back