Dem builds

Aliens are deceptive in nature. Will get there eventually.View attachment 118629

Ahhhhhh, the frustration named Alien Clapton... Been there many times and I will say that practice, practice and a little more practice will get you there eventually.
I found the biggest thing holding me back was proper preparation. If your prep is done right and you've got your key rings (in my case lego blocks) keeping your wires parallel then your 90% there to making perfect Aliens.
That and keeping the right tension on the Alien wire as it's wrapping are the keys to getting my Aliens perfect.

EDIT: I noticed from the pic that your Alien wraps are quite spaced. This will happen if your leading the wrap as it goes. Keeping back a tad will result in tighter wraps.

Just my 2c - I hope it helps you :D

It's no surprise that the 5 core alien has become my favorite build in pretty much every atomizer, it just works insanely well. Perfect heat and flavor, the 29ga cores dissipate heat very quickly, ramp up is instant even on higher resistance on a mech, did I mention the flavor? Here's some I made today for a couple of my buddies. Really rewarding when they come out this good, getting better with each batch too :)IMG_20180109_234040.jpg

It's no surprise that the 5 core alien has become my favorite build in pretty much every atomizer, it just works insanely well. Perfect heat and flavor, the 29ga cores dissipate heat very quickly, ramp up is instant even on higher resistance on a mech, did I mention the flavor? Here's some I made today for a couple of my buddies. Really rewarding when they come out this good, getting better with each batch too :)View attachment 118630

I have to ask, what resistance do those clock at ??

It's no surprise that the 5 core alien has become my favorite build in pretty much every atomizer, it just works insanely well. Perfect heat and flavor, the 29ga cores dissipate heat very quickly, ramp up is instant even on higher resistance on a mech, did I mention the flavor? Here's some I made today for a couple of my buddies. Really rewarding when they come out this good, getting better with each batch too :)View attachment 118630

I thought I'm your buddy too

Had a shorting issue with these quad core aliens (0.06 ohms) that i finally managed to fix.20180111_115535.jpg

So this is something a little different from what's normally posted here, kinda.

9139354138291ca83c4a3a70910a14d2.jpg

Set of Staple Aliens by @smilelykumeenit, installed the day I got my Recoil Rebel.
Think it was 5-6 month ago. Not 100% sure.

Here they are today, after a good cleaning
65f3b9222831ed1fe6bad114d3bc1ed0.jpg

5months, and going strong.
I'm gonna see just how long they will last.

Oh and yes, they are vaped everyday, my Recoil is my main vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! How'd you get them so clean and shiny?

Nice! How'd you get them so clean and shiny?

I dry burn, then while they're warm, not glowing, I coil-brush them.
Then another dry burn.

Once cool, they get their first bath in the sonic cleaner.
While wet, more brushing followed by another dry burn(just until dry)

Sonic cleaner again, brush again.

You could repeat until they shine the way you want.

That's it.
Pretty simple, yet a little bit of work, but worth it IMO

I dry burn, then while they're warm, not glowing, I coil-brush them.
Then another dry burn.

Once cool, they get their first bath in the sonic cleaner.
While wet, more brushing followed by another dry burn(just until dry)

Sonic cleaner again, brush again.

You could repeat until they shine the way you want.

That's it.
Pretty simple, yet a little bit of work, but worth it IMO

I noticed that I can only do about 2 or 3 dry burn-rewick cycles and then my coils start looking dull and rusty, at which point i toss them and wind new coils...

So I'm assuming the ultrasonic cleaner sorts that out?

I noticed that I can only do about 2 or 3 dry burn-rewick cycles and then my coils start looking dull and rusty, at which point i toss them and wind new coils...

Dry burn, rinse, dry burn, rinse, toothbrush and soap.... then rinse, then dry burn then rinse... Shiny like a brand new 6 pence each and every time

I don't dry burn and dunk them... Just heat an cool down.
Yes, burn & dunk works to get gunk off but it also kills your coils.
But yes, the shine comes from the sonic cleaner, it really gets the stuff between the claptoning out

Seeing as we were talking Aliens the other day I thought I'd make a set.
3x28ga/36ga Ni80
Dual coils 6 wraps around a 3mm bit 0.17ohms
079193a6cbb0cf82c100e4e3f50a80af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Ahhhhhh, the frustration named Alien Clapton... Been there many times and I will say that practice, practice and a little more practice will get you there eventually.
I found the biggest thing holding me back was proper preparation. If your prep is done right and you've got your key rings (in my case lego blocks) keeping your wires parallel then your 90% there to making perfect Aliens.
That and keeping the right tension on the Alien wire as it's wrapping are the keys to getting my Aliens perfect.

EDIT: I noticed from the pic that your Alien wraps are quite spaced. This will happen if your leading the wrap as it goes. Keeping back a tad will result in tighter wraps.

Just my 2c - I hope it helps you :D

Thanks for this also helped a lot every time I think it's not worth the effort and frustration but then I gain 1 or 2 centimeters and then I just want to try again. Took me a while to figure out the leading thing but seems like I am figuring it out now I just need to get my hand not to shake when things start going well lol.

Thanks for this also helped a lot every time I think it's not worth the effort and frustration but then I gain 1 or 2 centimeters and then I just want to try again. Took me a while to figure out the leading thing but seems like I am figuring it out now I just need to get my hand not to shake when things start going well lol.

Man I hear ya on the shakey hands, I don't have the steadiest hands either. Your doing well and in soon you will be looking back at these initial builds and see how far you have come.
Just off your latest attempt I aggree with @Dreadside the core wires are whats messing your Aliens up. Your stretch looks perfect and I think once you have worked out keeping the cores parallel you will be making great Aliens.
I'm setting up to build some Nano Aliens, I dont have my Lego blocks here so I'm improvising, I'll post a pic of the wires prepped to Alien. Maybe it might help you with setting up your cores.

Man I hear ya on the shakey hands, I don't have the steadiest hands either. Your doing well and in soon you will be looking back at these initial builds and see how far you have come.
Just off your latest attempt I aggree with @Dreadside the core wires are whats messing your Aliens up. Your stretch looks perfect and I think once you have worked out keeping the cores parallel you will be making great Aliens.
I'm setting up to build some Nano Aliens, I dont have my Lego blocks here so I'm improvising, I'll post a pic of the wires prepped to Alien. Maybe it might help you with setting up your cores.

Will appreciate it. I messed up with keeping them parallel when I fastened them to the swivels. Would love to see those nano aliens what wire are you using for them.
Thanks in advance.

Will appreciate it. I messed up with keeping them parallel when I fastened them to the swivels. Would love to see those nano aliens what wire are you using for them.
Thanks in advance.

Right now this set will have 3x28ga cores and 36ga on the outer. I should really use 38ga but the wire is too thin for me to work with. I only use Gasphase wire for my builds, except for the Flat Ribbon, that I use Kidney Puncher Ni80.
That and I find 38ga wire doesn't handle the heat or high watts very well, I've snapped outer wraps dry burning to work out hot spots. The spool of 38ga I have will be the last I buy.

I used some 0.3mm Flat Ribbon to wrapped around the cores then pressed flat using a pliers.
upload_2018-1-13_0-10-9.jpeg

Luckily I had 1 key ring in my kit :)
upload_2018-1-13_0-11-28.jpeg

A good start goes a long way so start off slow, the start sets you up for the entire build.
upload_2018-1-13_0-13-12.jpeg

I'm almost done now, my eyes are feeling screwy and I've made 2 mistakes already, so I'm taking a break.
Man do I need to get new glasses badly!

I'll post pics of the end result including the mistakes LOL

Back