• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter White

New Vaper
LV

Awards
I have no doubt about the authenticity of my GOON 24mm but I done some research now and the metal is anodized and it's not supposed to fade but it did.

I spoke to Brendon at House of Vape and this is "normal" as he ordered four more black Goons and it all has the same fading spot.

I sent him the pictures and he says he sent it to the supplier and this was their/his response:

"Hey bud I hope you are well, just to let you know that I have received a reply , Asmodus is claiming there is nothing wrong with the product . They advised that many of the blacks they have had are the same, they won't be replacing it"

After paying R1200 for a product and it comes with defect and House Of Vape won't refund me.

I definitely won't be purchasing anything from the again or I won't advise anyone to do so.

Attachments

• 485c40b2-7647-4ac8-896f-db9ab3b3e12c.jpg
    485c40b2-7647-4ac8-896f-db9ab3b3e12c.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 683b721a-8ef5-43e8-a82d-1c81f06f193b.jpg
    683b721a-8ef5-43e8-a82d-1c81f06f193b.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 890d9593-006a-4a4d-819e-541ad6cd08a1.jpg
    890d9593-006a-4a4d-819e-541ad6cd08a1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 211
  • eda6f3c1-64c9-48d3-bfad-47fc3cc53c38.jpg
    eda6f3c1-64c9-48d3-bfad-47fc3cc53c38.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 224
Definitely isn't normal. My black goon purchased from vapecartel is perfectly fine

Anodising does tarnish and fade especially with heat and friction.

Bad luck on that. I would expect at least a bit of a voucher of some sort for a future purchase.

How old is it?

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

Anodising does tarnish and fade especially with heat and friction.

Bad luck on that. I would expect at least a bit of a voucher of some sort for a future purchase.

How old is it?

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

I got it in that condition... It's "new"

Hi m8. I have had the black goon for more than a month. Because the goon is my favourite RDA it has been used alot and mine shows zero signs of paint faiding. Bought mine from @Throat Punch and still extremely happy with it.
Seriously doubt that it is normal as stated. :)

That's how it's supposed to beI mean it's not a clone so why would it just fade without use, it's definitely a defect but not according to house of vape

I even mailed 528 and they asked me why am I not getting refunded
You don't need too contact the manufacturer, HouseOfVape more than likely doesnt want too refund as the cost is on them, most vape stock is grey imported into the country and than resold, problem with no real distribution is situations like this, House of Vape now has stock returned that they can no longer sell, instead of him sending it back to the distributor for a refund (bit difficult to ship back overseas)

South Africa law, if they don't refund or exchange you within 7 days of purchase contact the ombudsman or your own lawyer if you have one.

You don't need too contact the manufacturer, HouseOfVape more than likely doesnt want too refund as the cost is on them, most vape stock is grey imported into the country and than resold, problem with no real distribution is situations like this, House of Vape now has stock returned that they can no longer sell, instead of him sending it back to the distributor for a refund (bit difficult to ship back overseas)

South Africa law, if they don't refund or exchange you within 7 days of purchase contact the ombudsman or your own lawyer if you have one.

Thank You so much for the advice @De_Stroyer but my 7 days are up as I first tried to resolve the matter with the owner Brendon of @HouseOfVape

Thank You so much for the advice @De_Stroyer but my 7 days are up as I first tried to resolve the matter with the owner Brendon of @HouseOfVape

You brought it to there attention prior to the 7 day period, thats what is needed,
if he rejected this within the 7 days well he isnt actually allowed too (unless the item was damaged or totally misused by you of course)
After 7 days he has the right too charge a 10% restocking fee or something like that (if only brought to there attention after 7 days)

Man that sucks to hear! If it were a cheaper atomizer or a clone I could then understand.

Truth be told I do not know why you have used it if you want it to be returned and refunded.
However I still feel as if a refund or at least a store credit should be passed.

There are a few users who prefer to purchase locally due to the support from local vendors, however in this case I feel as if there would be more support from an international vendor - or you'd at least have gotten it from a lot less than your local price.

I have an authentic black goon from vape cartel (2 actually) and they have slight fading. A few friends have them too with the same defects, and bought from different stores. I seriously don't think anything is wrong with the product. It happens with mass produced items. Brendan from HOV is actually a really nice guy (met him once in jhb and have done countless deals with him). So I wouldn't say stay clear from doing business with him. It's one product and it seems that the inconsistency in the finish lies with the manufacturer. I understand your frustration in that you bought a products and expected it to be perfect. I just don't think you've gotta pull them down like that. It's just not really decent (by advising people not to do business with them). My opinion. My advice: contact Brendan in the morning (again, coz we're adults and can do that) and vent your frustrations amicably and professionally and come to a resolve. Good luck mate

Ps: the goon is the best dripper I've ever owned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunate, if you had paid directly with your card, you could reverse the transaction, I don't know how it works with Payfast though.

I have an authentic black goon from vape cartel (2 actually) and they have slight fading. A few friends have them too with the same defects, and bought from different stores. I seriously don't think anything is wrong with the product. It happens with mass produced items. Brendan from HOV is actually a really nice guy (met him once in jhb and have done countless deals with him). So I wouldn't say stay clear from doing business with him. It's one product and it seems that the inconsistency in the finish lies with the manufacturer. I understand your frustration in that you bought a products and expected it to be perfect. I just don't think you've gotta pull them down like that. It's just not really decent (by advising people not to do business with them). My opinion. My advice: contact Brendan in the morning (again, coz we're adults and can do that) and vent your frustrations amicably and professionally and come to a resolve. Good luck mate

Ps: the goon is the best dripper I've ever owned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely agree with everything you said but he is still a client and he did contact the Vendor with the problem asking for a refund for this product. It should have been refunded no questions asked but he came back with a story from Asmodus and i think thats why he turned to the forum but ya don't bash the Vendor and say ppl should not buy by them.

I bought a black goon from Cartel and did not experience any problems with mine, if i had the same problem ill also want a refund.

Man that sucks to hear! If it were a cheaper atomizer or a clone I could then understand.

Truth be told I do not know why you have used it if you want it to be returned and refunded.
However I still feel as if a refund or at least a store credit should be passed.

There are a few users who prefer to purchase locally due to the support from local vendors, however in this case I feel as if there would be more support from an international vendor - or you'd at least have gotten it from a lot less than your local price.

Hi @PsyCLown, @HouseOfVape is a local vendor in JHB. There was no current place in Cape Town who has it. Brendon confirmed that the fading is normal and after seeing a couple of others and done more research I saw that it should not be like this. I would of definitely bought it from Vape Cartel as their service is always awesome.

Hi @PsyCLown, @HouseOfVape is a local vendor in JHB. There was no current place in Cape Town who has it. Brendon confirmed that the fading is normal and after seeing a couple of others and done more research I saw that it should not be like this. I would of definitely bought it from Vape Cartel as their service is always awesome.
No I agree and understand, it's not the type of service one would hope and expect from a local supplier is what I meant. :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back