DISAPPOINTED IN: HOUSE OF VAPE- fading Goon 24mm

Do you think I should be refunded?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an authentic black goon from vape cartel (2 actually) and they have slight fading. A few friends have them too with the same defects, and bought from different stores. I seriously don't think anything is wrong with the product. It happens with mass produced items. Brendan from HOV is actually a really nice guy (met him once in jhb and have done countless deals with him). So I wouldn't say stay clear from doing business with him. It's one product and it seems that the inconsistency in the finish lies with the manufacturer. I understand your frustration in that you bought a products and expected it to be perfect. I just don't think you've gotta pull them down like that. It's just not really decent (by advising people not to do business with them). My opinion. My advice: contact Brendan in the morning (again, coz we're adults and can do that) and vent your frustrations amicably and professionally and come to a resolve. Good luck mate

Ps: the goon is the best dripper I've ever owned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Yusuf Cape Vaper . I'm not saying that they should not be supported. I'm just saying that if all the black Goons he owns is like that how can it still be sold? There are many guys that got the Goon two days later when @Sir Vape got them in and no defects whatsoever. I'm not trying to bring down a business but I'm trying to save other Vapers from going through the same thing as me. It's not advertised as "Black 24mm Goon with some fading Marks".

I can confirm that the Goon is authentic and there is no other problem besides the fading. If I was informed about this I would of definitely taken the silver

I have no doubt about the authenticity of my GOON 24mm but I done some research now and the metal is anodized and it's not supposed to fade but it did.

I spoke to Brendon at House of Vape and this is "normal" as he ordered four more black Goons and it all has the same fading spot.

I sent him the pictures and he says he sent it to the supplier and this was their/his response:

"Hey bud I hope you are well, just to let you know that I have received a reply , Asmodus is claiming there is nothing wrong with the product . They advised that many of the blacks they have had are the same, they won't be replacing it"

After paying R1200 for a product and it comes with defect and House Of Vape won't refund me.

I definitely won't be purchasing anything from the again or I won't advise anyone to do so.
Hi @Walter White ,please do let us know how this all turns out in a couple of days,i would personally feel more comfortable knowing that if I buy from a certain vendor,their after service is nothing short of excellent,i never bought anything from house of vape and according to the outcome of your dilemma will I decide if I ever do or not,sorry to hear about this and hope you get sorted soon!

@Walter White I apologize for your disappointment in us , we try to provide the best service we can , however your circumstance was a difficult one, we have been in contact and I have been nothing but accomadating and providing feedback.

I'd like to disagree on a few points made.

- Your product was delivered to you on the 27th October , you had only contacted me regarding the issue on the 8th of November . In this time the product had been used.

- I responded and had advised you that I had sold out on the product , I asked you for some pics which you did send me, I then advised you that the other goons looked identical.

- I nevertheless send your pics through to asmodus which they responded that there was nothing wrong with them.

- You had sent me a email containing the conversation you had with 528 customs , where there was no evidence in the email that they had mentioned that I should replace the product, or anything mentioning the product was a defect. The email mostly contained you asking whether the product I supplied is authentic. (After me assuring you that I only do authentic in my store).

- You told me that you will Persue your conversation with 528 customs and I fully supported it! Asking you to send me the feedback so I could take it up with my suppliers who claim nothing is wrong .

- Today you asked me if I would consider a refund ( product that has been used for a while ) .

I advised you that unfortunately I cannot refund on a used product, however I will refund if 528 customs does come back saying this is a defect.

I am really sorry that you did not get your expected outcome , I do not feel it's fair though that the public doesn't hear the other side of the story .

You don't need too contact the manufacturer, HouseOfVape more than likely doesnt want too refund as the cost is on them, most vape stock is grey imported into the country and than resold, problem with no real distribution is situations like this, House of Vape now has stock returned that they can no longer sell, instead of him sending it back to the distributor for a refund (bit difficult to ship back overseas)

South Africa law, if they don't refund or exchange you within 7 days of purchase contact the ombudsman or your own lawyer if you have one.

@De_Stroyer
Please note that it had been over a 7 day period before I had been contacted regarding the issue, however I did not throw this in the clients face or even mention it at all. I was more than willing to assist and immediately contacted my supplier Asmodus who distributes authentic goons by 528 customs .

I really feel your claims against house of vape are false and untrue , and really misleading as to how we operate at house of vape.

We have never done business with you and to have claims made against us as above , without hearing the full story is really a uncomfortable feeling.

@Walter White I apologize for your disappointment in us , we try to provide the best service we can , however your circumstance was a difficult one, we have been in contact and I have been nothing but accomadating and providing feedback.

I'd like to disagree on a few points made.

- Your product was delivered to you on the 27th October , you had only contacted me regarding the issue on the 8th of November . In this time the product had been used.

- I responded and had advised you that I had sold out on the product , I asked you for some pics which you did send me, I then advised you that the other goons looked identical.

- I nevertheless send your pics through to asmodus which they responded that there was nothing wrong with them.

- You had sent me a email containing the conversation you had with 528 customs , where there was no evidence in the email that they had mentioned that I should replace the product, or anything mentioning the product was a defect. The email mostly contained you asking whether the product I supplied is authentic. (After me assuring you that I only do authentic in my store).

- You told me that you will Persue your conversation with 528 customs and I fully supported it! Asking you to send me the feedback so I could take it up with my suppliers who claim nothing is wrong .

- Today you asked me if I would consider a refund ( product that has been used for a while ) .

I advised you that unfortunately I cannot refund on a used product, however I will refund if 528 customs does come back saying this is a defect.

I am really sorry that you did not get your expected outcome , I do not feel it's fair though that the public doesn't hear the other side of the story .

Hi @HouseOfVape, the 7 day period was up and I do agree but as per our conversation you said that this was normal(If you want I can paste the conversation as well)

So if all the Goons you received was like this before shipping, it means that mine was too.

This was the reply from Nico to my mail:

upload_2016-11-21_23-8-2.png

I sent you a message on the 16th of November which I stated that 528 has not responded to me which you did not reply to(I can copy and paste the message at your request).

If you do not see this as a defect, I definitely do and so do many others. Once again, I'm not doing this because I want a refund. You clearly stated that this is not going to happen but I feel the need to make other Vapers aware of this as there are other vendors who sells the Goon without any fading marks and I for one would definitely prefer one without fading and I think you and all other Vapers would to. So I just feel the need to be putting this out there.

Thank you.

Hi @Walter White ,please do let us know how this all turns out in a couple of days,i would personally feel more comfortable knowing that if I buy from a certain vendor,their after service is nothing short of excellent,i never bought anything from house of vape and according to the outcome of your dilemma will I decide if I ever do or not,sorry to hear about this and hope you get sorted soon!
Hi @Slick there is definitely not going to be a refund as per House of Vape...

@Walter White I do not object to advising that I have seen this on many other goons ,So yes you welcome to copy and paste, but please do ensure you include all info.

we had a telephonic conversation which you seem to not remember.where you said you will await a reply from 528 after you have sent them a clearer picture ? No feedback has been recieved.

i once again apologize that we can not refund you on a product that has been used and surpassed our 7 day return policy.

However I as a individual will not let false claims tarnish my business name , so as a individual I will purchase your goon for my personal use, I love the goon and will happily own another .

Should you want to sell your goon , I will buy it for myself .

@HouseOfVape im glad im not either of you guys right now,but I would just like to know as I don't know how this works,if @Walter White returned the item within 7days,would you have replaced the item/refunded him? Then would your supplier then refund you or would you take the loss? I would love to know how this works from a vendor point of view.is their no way your supplier can refund the item just to make everyone happy? Also appreciate you giving your side of the story

@Slick had I been notified within the 7 day period and the item has not been used , I would have immediately refunded as I had no stock, or offer a instore credit , whichever the client prefers , I would then contact supplier and find out info on the issue . If supplier wants me to send back then it is shipped back and they replace, sometimes on smaller items they usually send a replacement if there is a issue without asking to ship old item back.

Just to weigh in.
@Walter White All may be fair in love and war, but not in public posting which could slander the name of a very reputable store such as @HouseOfVape .
Please do not take this as an attack of any kind. I simply believe that the tone of your messages and posts lends one to believe that you are overlooking your side of the CPA as well as their business policies.

I hope the issue can be resolved.
I would suggest clarifying your side.

Once more, simply giving my opinion here.

Peace

@Slick had I been notified within the 7 day period and the item has not been used , I would have immediately refunded as I had no stock, or offer a instore credit , whichever the client prefers , I would then contact supplier and find out info on the issue . If supplier wants me to send back then it is shipped back and they replace, sometimes on smaller items they usually send a replacement if there is a issue without asking to ship old item back.
Thanks for the reply,after how you handled this I feel like buying from you,its really sad to see things like this happen,but $+#& happens,i don't think the house of vape name is tarnished as many people have probably had exceptional service from you,so let's all take a long hit with some high nic and call it a day,im out!

They say any publicity is good publicity, before this incident I had no idea house of vape existed, now I do.

I have no doubt about the authenticity of my GOON 24mm but I done some research now and the metal is anodized and it's not supposed to fade but it did.

I spoke to Brendon at House of Vape and this is "normal" as he ordered four more black Goons and it all has the same fading spot.

I sent him the pictures and he says he sent it to the supplier and this was their/his response:

"Hey bud I hope you are well, just to let you know that I have received a reply , Asmodus is claiming there is nothing wrong with the product . They advised that many of the blacks they have had are the same, they won't be replacing it"

After paying R1200 for a product and it comes with defect and House Of Vape won't refund me.

I definitely won't be purchasing anything from the again or I won't advise anyone to do so.

That looks damaged, and by a person. You should never have used it if you were unhappy with it, aesthetically, out of the box, which you clearly did, because that side has been scratched to hell.

Even in your terrible photos, you can see the damage was done without the top cap on. My guess is that you were trying to drip in it with the top cap off, and dropped it like it was hot.

This growing culture of being an irresponsible noob and trying to get your money back through slander of businesses (that bend over backwards for their clientele more than any other) is disgusting and I truly find your story hard to believe. If only there was a way for other vendors to somehow identify your orders and nip dealings like this right in the bud!

Whether your story is true or not, shame on you for how you dealt with your problem.

That looks damaged, and by a person. You should never have used it if you were unhappy with it, aesthetically, out of the box, which you clearly did, because that side has been scratched to hell.

Even in your terrible photos, you can see the damage was done without the top cap on. My guess is that you were trying to drip in it with the top cap off, and dropped it like it was hot.

This growing culture of being an irresponsible noob and trying to get your money back through slander of businesses (that bend over backwards for their clientele more than any other) is disgusting and I truly find your story hard to believe. If only there was a way for other vendors to somehow identify your orders and nip dealings like this right in the bud!

Whether your story is true or not, shame on you for how you dealt with your problem.

"terrible photos" really? Why not just say photo's? High horse much?
Your guessing what happened to his dripper, you weren't there so don't assume. House of Vape came in and explained their side - your comments added nothing to the topic but insults and assumptions.
Come to think of it my comment adds nothing to the topic either... I'm out

You don't need too contact the manufacturer, HouseOfVape more than likely doesnt want too refund as the cost is on them, most vape stock is grey imported into the country and than resold, problem with no real distribution is situations like this, House of Vape now has stock returned that they can no longer sell, instead of him sending it back to the distributor for a refund (bit difficult to ship back overseas)

South Africa law, if they don't refund or exchange you within 7 days of purchase contact the ombudsman or your own lawyer if you have one.
So I keep on seeing Cpa Cpa Cpa

Has anyone ever tried it? Who enforces the Cpa? Contact a lawyer at R1000 per hour or buy another goon at R1000?

My guess is another goon will be cheaper... and if you have enough money to go lawyer then my second guess is you have more important things to stress about than fighting a Cpa case over 1k.
CPA, nuf said.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

I will buy all the defective goons so that they can become minions and bow down to my superior non-tarnished black goon.
insert-evil-laugh.jpg
MMMMWhaaahahaaahhaaahahahaaaaHAaahAAa ........<<<<<< supposed to be a evil laugh. :)

Last edited:
@Walter White I do not object to advising that I have seen this on many other goons ,So yes you welcome to copy and paste, but please do ensure you include all info.

we had a telephonic conversation which you seem to not remember.where you said you will await a reply from 528 after you have sent them a clearer picture ? No feedback has been recieved.

i once again apologize that we can not refund you on a product that has been used and surpassed our 7 day return policy.

However I as a individual will not let false claims tarnish my business name , so as a individual I will purchase your goon for my personal use, I love the goon and will happily own another .

Should you want to sell your goon , I will buy it for myself .

Thank You, I'll appreciate it:)

Once you learn to read properly with understanding then you can add your comment. It's like you a Noob to the English language. Can you not see that I said the rest that he ordered has the same mark? Anyway you brush up on your English and then comment:)

I do not care a toot about the legalities. I demand and expect the best of service at all times.

"terrible photos" really? Why not just say photo's? High horse much?
Your guessing what happened to his dripper, you weren't there so don't assume. House of Vape came in and explained their side - your comments added nothing to the topic but insults and assumptions.
Come to think of it my comment adds nothing to the topic either... I'm out
Off topic, but a major, and very worrying indication of a non-reading portion of our community:
Actually @Greyz - the spelling of "photos" is correct, as the nilly willy use of the apostrophy (which indicates possession in this case) is wrong in the written word = "missapostrophonists" (not a word yet, but should be soon written into the rule books).
As in "the photos show..." - plural of "photo", vs "the photo's resolution was a bit off" - something belonging of the photo itself.
MAJOR peeve - "atty's" vs the correct "atties".

Climbing off my soap box, and momentary spelling and grammar lesson of the dayo_O and sorry if I have offended anyone.

Jus' sayin' - see what i did there, the apostrophy can even indicate missing letters (not letter's).
;)

@Walter White what I don't understand is why it took so long for you to realize that the "blemish" in the finish bugs you. You went through all this trouble doing research, contacting @HouseOfVape and 528 Customs and starting this thread. If it bugs you so much that you went through all that, surely it would be something that bugged on the day you got it or at least the next day and you would have at least contacted @HouseOfVape then?

At the end of the the day, you should have contacted them sooner. You can't prove that it looked like that when you got it. And whether you like it or not, even if it was blemished, you have used it and it won't be in the same condition it was as when you got it.

If you bought a pair of shoes, wore them for a week and then noticed that one shoe was slightly faded compared to the other, do you think that the shop would refund or replace it? No I'm sure you don't.

So to answer the question you asked in the poll.
No. I don't think you should be refunded

PS. I've known about House Of Vape but I've never bought from them. I've just never needed anything from them that I couldn't have got where I normally go. But because of what you have done, I'll make a point to buy from them in the future. In fact I'm sure I'll receive excellent service and if something is wrong with something I'm sure they will refund or replace it, given the proper circumstances. Which I'm sorry to say but I think yours is not.

@Walter White what I don't understand is why it took so long for you to realize that the "blemish" in the finish bugs you. You went through all this trouble doing research, contacting @HouseOfVape and 528 Customs and starting this thread. If it bugs you so much that you went through all that, surely it would be something that bugged on the day you got it or at least the next day and you would have at least contacted @HouseOfVape then?

At the end of the the day, you should have contacted them sooner. You can't prove that it looked like that when you got it. And whether you like it or not, even if it was blemished, you have used it and it won't be in the same condition it was as when you got it.

If you bought a pair of shoes, wore them for a week and then noticed that one shoe was slightly faded compared to the other, do you think that the shop would refund or replace it? No I'm sure you don't.

So to answer the question you asked in the poll.
No. I don't think you should be refunded

PS. I've known about House Of Vape but I've never bought from them. I've just never needed anything from them that I couldn't have got where I normally go. But because of what you have done, I'll make a point to buy from them in the future. In fact I'm sure I'll receive excellent service and if something is wrong with something I'm sure they will refund or replace it, given the proper circumstances. Which I'm sorry to say but I think yours is not.

Hi @ChrisFJS I have been told that this is normal.

Only when comparing it to others I confirmed that it is not normal and then done research after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back