1.1% Coconut (INAWERA)
2.94% Lemonade (Natural) (FW)
0.74% Peach (INAWERA)
1.47% Peaches and Cream (CAP)
0.7% Polar Blast (FA)
0.5% Sour (TPA)
3.68% Strawberry VG (Real Flavors)

Flavor total: 11.13%
Those percentages though - are you sure it's 2.94% FW Lemonade and not 2.95%? Coz at 2.95% it just gets all messed up :p

Those percentages though - are you sure it's 2.94% FW Lemonade and not 2.95%? Coz at 2.95% it just gets all messed up :p

You're funny.

The way I do it is initially to work off the big (1, 2, 2,5 etc.) numbers and then dial it back to see exactly when I lose the overall flavour that I wanted. ELR allows you to change the concentrate % of the final mixes. So if a mix comes in at 14,5 and it's fine, I then take it to 13,5% and so on until I feel that something fundamental is lost. I stop there.

I'm sure you can push the 2,93 boundary if you're brave.

Fanta Orange Zero
t0hFIip.jpg
I started off with this recipe by dazcole, which is a remix of a Fantasia juice and is extremely close to the real, sugared Fanta Orange soft drink. And as sweet, which is far too sweet for me. If you like it sweeter, go for dazcole's recipe - it is a great rendition.

My first order of business was to remove the CAP Super Sweet. To compensate for the flavour enhancement that a sweetener brings I had to add a few things - FA Orange, FA Bergamot and FA Aurora - which I settled on after a few versions. The 2 % Koolada in the original recipe was too much, even for me. I used 1 % FA Polar Blast combined with 0.25 % TFA Menthol in the end.

The end result surpassed my expectations. The great Fanta Orange taste, but without the heavy sweet.

Fanta Orange Zero
FW Blood Orange 4.0 %
CAP Sweet Tangerine 3.0 %
FA Mandarin 1.0 %
FA Orange 1.0 %
FA Polar Blast 1.0 %
TFA Dragonfruit 0.75 %
TFA Marshmallow 0.5 %
FA Aurora 0.5 %
FA Bergamot 0.5 %
INW Cactus 0.3 %
TFA Menthol 0.25 %

Total flavour: 12.80 %
This sounds awesome. I will be ordering the concentrate's you used as anything orange is right up my alley.

Reading through this thread it becomes very tempting to order concentrates and start mixing.

Reading through this thread it becomes very tempting to order concentrates and start mixing.
This is exactly what got me started and I'm completely addicted now!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is exactly what got me started and I'm completely addicted now!

I could'nt agree more. I am now so into the creating/blending recipe side that I have arranged for my work to pay my salary straight to my concentrate supplier and they can send me the change!

I could'nt agree more. I am now so into the creating/blending recipe side that I have arranged for my work to pay my salary straight to my concentrate supplier and they can send me the change!
Sounds pretty familiar... just ordered my concentrates again for the month last night... my bank account is crying...

It's a deep rabbit hole and it's getting worse with all the new entrants into the concentrate market. Three years ago, most DIYers were using TFA, FW, Cap, and then FA and Inw were also making inroads. Now you can add Flv, JF, RF, Purilum, OoO, BF, FE, HS, LA, MF, LB, DIYFS, and on and on. Kopel has 800 flavours and there are still many recipes on ATF that he can't make. It's something that the DIY community will need to address somehow. It's good to have a large base of different flavours but you hit a point of diminishing returns quite quickly. Concentrates do degrade and, logically, the bigger your concentrate range, the less you will be using of each specific concentrate.

This is why I embarked on a personal project to find a dozen ADVs and just buy the concentrates for those. But DIY is developing in such leaps and bounds that you can't limit yourself to existing recipes. If I'd done it two years ago, I'd still be vaping Mustard Milk and Mike's Melons. There's nothing wrong with those but DIY now offers a whole lot more. So how do we reach a point where DIYers can make a large percentage of new recipes without having to buy 600 flavours, many of which will go vrot before you can use them up? There are no easy answers to that.

Personally, I limit myself to flavours that I either wish to experiment with in developing my own recipes, or for which there are at least three highly rated recipes already. Wayne just released Obsidian. Sorry but I am not buying FW Pie Crust, there are only two public recipes for it on ATF and Obsidian is one of them. An Obsidian one-shot might be a solution but Wayne has decided not to do it because Flv charge too much for Cookie Dough so he'd have to charge more for Obsidian than his other one-shots. So yeah, when even Wayne's recipes get hampered by First Rule obstacles, things are getting tricky.

Sounds pretty familiar... just ordered my concentrates again for the month last night... my bank account is crying...

Hahah you and me both. The total number of concentrates I have now is a sore subject because there's just SO many of them.. and them variants of the variants. But I just can't resist.
The ironic thing is that there are concentrates that, after having tested them once, I probably won't use again other than to scare away burglars with or something.

Hahah you and me both. The total number of concentrates I have now is a sore subject because there's just SO many of them.. and them variants of the variants. But I just can't resist.
The ironic thing is that there are concentrates that, after having tested them once, I probably won't use again other than to scare away burglars with or something.
The struggle is real...

My collection is not that big yet... I'm still trying to build it up...

The struggle is real...

My collection is not that big yet... I'm still trying to build it up...

Don't try too hard. I also got to the point where I have too many and some will definitely go to waste.

Don't try too hard. I also got to the point where I have too many and some will definitely go to waste.
I buy per recipe that I want to make... so they hardly ever go to waste...

Yeah, that's why I like to have at least three recipes that use it before taking a chance. There are decent odds that at least one of them will be good. Cokecan just dropped a recipe with FW Beetle Juice in it. It is about the only recipe you will find with that ingredient. So do I get it or not? For me it's a no until more recipes emerge.

Yeah, that's why I like to have at least three recipes that use it before taking a chance. There are decent odds that at least one of them will be good.
Usually I do the same, unless it's an ingredient that I know will come in handy later. Like pear. Can't go wrong with pear.

When I started DIYing I couldn't get enough concentrates and ran up a healthy credit card bill. But over time it slowed down.

I soon realized that I would never have enough concentrates and became quite strict with my purchases, partially because of my credit card and partially because I started to meet with disappointment after trying out the latest hyped recipe/flavour and not being too impressed.

Now I find myself chasing flavour profiles that I want, rather than following other people's recipes. This means my purchases of new concentrates are more selective and most of the time I'm just restocking.

Every now and again I'll spot a recipe that appeals to me and I'll mix it up, even if it requires a new concentrate.

I guess knowing what I like and being able to discern a recipe's profile helps a lot.

Same here. Problem is when the recipe turns out shyte :p
That's why I stick to the regular stuff and don't buy the exotic concentrates.. these were in my basket this time...
73ff1c99ab2d83afa8b2cb92930ced14.jpg

You know you're a sadlad when you can identify all those concentrates just by the pictures. :oops:
Right?! Was thinking the same thing.
Except for row 5 column 3 which to me looks like chicken drumsticks.
TFA Drumstick @ 5%. Booyah.
And FA always insist on having fancy names for their staple flavours, so FA Featherdust. But only at 2%. Cos, yknow - it's stronger.

Right?! Was thinking the same thing.
Except for row 5 column 3 which to me looks like chicken drumsticks.
TFA Drumstick @ 5%. Booyah.
And FA always insist on having fancy names for their staple flavours, so FA Featherdust. But only at 2%. Cos, yknow - it's stronger.
Hahaha... that one is FA almond...

Good luck with the FA Pineapple. Let's just say it's not the most acclaimed flavour that FA ever released. If you're one of the lucky ones, you will get a good pineapple from it. If not, brace yourself for rubber or onions.

Good luck with the FA Pineapple. Let's just say it's not the most acclaimed flavour that FA ever released. If you're one of the lucky ones, you will get a good pineapple from it. If not, brace yourself for rubber or onions.
Or gym socks. When it separates, it can get quite pungent. Best would be to layer it, or use TFA Pineapple Juicy (they reworked it a bit).

Back