DIY Bloopers

A friend asked me if I can make a bourbon RY4 mix. I'm a diy'er, I can do anything.

After a week steep had a toot. It literally tested my gag reflexes. Worst tasts I could imagine. Luckily it was only 10ml.

Decided to let it steep longer. But I think it will steep for a long time still.

been dying to do a stand alone mix of Soho at 12%, even collected my own order from Blck today. Get home set up to mix, then realize I only purchased 10ml's of the bloody concentrate

what a boob, I mean noob !

oh well 10% mix it was !

been dying to do a stand alone mix of Soho at 12%, even collected my own order from Blck today. Get home set up to mix, then realize I only purchased 10ml's of the bloody concentrate

what a boob, I mean noob !

oh well 10% mix it was !

Wish I new I could collect and just my luck I placed an order today and not see soho on their site :confused: did you pay before hand??.... though I'll only be saving like R5 after petrol is taken into account

Well next

Wish I new I could collect and just my luck I placed an order today and not see soho on their site :confused: did you pay before hand??.... though I'll only be saving like R5 after petrol is taken into account

Well next

well, turns out Blck are situated right where I have to drive past once or twice a week, actually been passing them for months without even knowing they are there, as always placed the order online, but then I discovered where they are after a glitch on the EFT payment I did and had to call them. Friendly as hell bunch !

I believe you can pay beforehand but have to get some kind of self collect code or something

Reading @GregF opening this thead just now. Eureka!! My first mix kicked like a Mule. (still tried to fix it as of today).Now I know why: I never opened the scale cover.:campeon:

Not really a mixing blooper but just paid for my order to realise I forgot one concentrate :mad:.... luckily I've arranged collection so will phone tomorrow and see if I can add it :p

Ladies and gentlemen... always inspect your bottles before mixing.... think pg will be dripping out of my scale for the next three months :rolleyes: luckily I ordered an extra bottle

20180609_142802.jpg

Attachments

• 20180609_142802.jpg
    20180609_142802.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 14
It has become routine for me to check when I start a mix - I learned very quickly that the rings don't dissolved in the juice

Sent by iDad's iPhone
I have been lucky enough never to have had 1 fall into a mix, but for some reason, it used to give me a damn fright when it did fall. Like a fright you get when the bread pops out of the toaster.

I don't mind the rings on concentrate bottles because at least I can slip them off. I bought some aromatherapy bottles from West Pack the other day. They come with a dropper and a sealing ring built into the cap. When you screw the cap on, it seats the dropper attachment and the ring. The dropper isn't a problem, just lever it out with your nail or a screwdriver. But the ring stays in place, it is seated under a glass lip in the bottle neck and it would require a hacksaw to remove it. It's not a problem, it's not going to fall off and it doesn't get in the way of anything. But, conditioned as I am against rings on concentrate bottles, I hate unscrewing a cap and seeing a ring around the neck of the bottle.

ring.jpg

I don't mind the rings on concentrate bottles because at least I can slip them off. I bought some aromatherapy bottles from West Pack the other day. They come with a dropper and a sealing ring built into the cap. When you screw the cap on, it seats the dropper attachment and the ring. The dropper isn't a problem, just lever it out with your nail or a screwdriver. But the ring stays in place, it is seated under a glass lip in the bottle neck and it would require a hacksaw to remove it. It's not a problem, it's not going to fall off and it doesn't get in the way of anything. But, conditioned as I am against rings on concentrate bottles, I hate unscrewing a cap and seeing a ring around the neck of the bottle.

View attachment 134875

I hate it even more to see said ring in my mixing beaker

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Back