DIY Bloopers

GregF

Reonaut
LV

Awards
There are quite a few of us in this DIY community and I am pretty sure there have been some unfortunate mishaps. Don't be shy to share your mistakes, let us laugh at you as well instead of you laughing at yourself.

My contribution.....
The scale I have has two plastic see through covers, one over the steel weighing platform and one over the entire scale. One fine day in my enthusiasm to get mixing I forgot to take the second cover off. I must have filled up about half my newly created bottle with nic before I realised why the scale was not moving. :zpong:

I mixed an Apple pie recipe recently which calls for FA Caramel.

So, I have 2 bottles of FA caramel - one with those stupid white drippers built in and one without...The recipe called for 0.2g caramel so I grabbed the caramel, unscrewed the lid and turned the bottle upside down (as that is how you do it with a dripper) expecting to wait for the first drop to appear... You guessed it, I took the bottled without the dripped and proceeded to pour the entire bottle of caramel into my mix! I already added nic, PG, and 3 or 4 other flavours - topped with about 8mls of caramel!

Eish...the joys!

TFA Honey
TFA Menthol at 5%
Stabbing myself with needles
Cant remember if I added a concentrate to the mix already
"Adapt Recipe" on ELR defaults nic to 6mg...
Thinking smell = taste
Small tamper seal ring on concentrate bottle falling into mixing bottle

Ive done a lot more "idiotic" things where DIY is concerned, like chucking the mixed product in the bin instead of the syringes and paper towels, and rubbing my eyes after mixing... But I will stop right here before someone sends me to a special needs place.

I have now started to get in the habit of labeling everything properly. I used to be... Lazy... I that dept.

I had mixed up a 50ml bottle of menthol crystals with pg. This is serious menthol concentrate. I also keep plain pg in a 50 ml bottle because I never use much of it.

One day I decided to experiment with 40%pg mixes. Pulled all the bottles I needed out the cupboard, but didn't check if the 50ml was menthol or pg.

Mixed about 5 10ml bottles of various creative creations, sealed them up and put them away to settle.

A few days later I got a glimpse of hell.

Im not sure what exact percentage the final products were of menthol but it had to have been over 15%. Even @Silver would've been a bit cross-eyed after that first hit.

I have now started to get in the habit of labeling everything properly. I used to be... Lazy... I that dept.

I had mixed up a 50ml bottle of menthol crystals with pg. This is serious menthol concentrate. I also keep plain pg in a 50 ml bottle because I never use much of it.

One day I decided to experiment with 40%pg mixes. Pulled all the bottles I needed out the cupboard, but didn't check if the 50ml was menthol or pg.

Mixed about 5 10ml bottles of various creative creations, sealed them up and put them away to settle.

A few days later I got a glimpse of hell.

Im not sure what exact percentage the final products were of menthol but it had to have been over 15%. Even @Silver would've been a bit cross-eyed after that first hit.
I think @Silver would probably say It needs a touch more menthol... :D

And when @Silver sees he has been mentioned in the DIY section, he probably knows why by now.

We should actually make a rating system for menthol. "I like my menthol at 0.2 on the @Silver scale"
Don't forget the @Silver nicotine overdose percentage scale.

Right now I'm on 0.8 of the silver silver scale :D

I mixed an Apple pie recipe recently which calls for FA Caramel.

So, I have 2 bottles of FA caramel - one with those stupid white drippers built in and one without...The recipe called for 0.2g caramel so I grabbed the caramel, unscrewed the lid and turned the bottle upside down (as that is how you do it with a dripper) expecting to wait for the first drop to appear... You guessed it, I took the bottled without the dripped and proceeded to pour the entire bottle of caramel into my mix! I already added nic, PG, and 3 or 4 other flavours - topped with about 8mls of caramel!

Eish...the joys!

Just add 40x all the other ingredients to level it out :) easy

:D:D

Silver Silver scale

Lol @craigb and @Christos
I chuckled a lot

By the way, am now in Elgin
I have a bottle of menthol concentrate here at the guest house :D

Made 5x 35ml bottles juice all called for VBIC and I always sub with Capella because I cannot stand the TPA one. Made last bottle and realized I order by mistake TPA VBIC. Will let it steep for 2 year's before I test.

Made 5x 35ml bottles juice all called for VBIC and I always sub with Capella because I cannot stand the TPA one. Made last bottle and realized I order by mistake TPA VBIC. Will let it steep for 2 year's before I test.

I also sub TFA VBIC for Cap's version because I get that pepper from TFAs.

This one wasn't such a bad mess up... I made some Rhodonite and the recipe called for INW Raspberry. So off I went to order it and I saw Malina and Wera. Very confused, I figured I'll flip a coin. In the end I mixed 300ml Rhodonite with the wrong Raspberry, which my wife messed up even more by waking up and proceeding to unloading half a can of Tabard on herself about half a meter from where I was mixing.
Still tastes good though.

Spilling substantial amount of nic on your hand with your 1st DIY thinking nic absorbing through skin is a bs story only finding yourself 10 min later lying on the couch with the room spinning

I mixed CGD (Night Shift clone) and I was warned my coils would not agree.
So I'm burning through a pre-made coil every 3 days with this mix. Is CAP Chocolate Glazed Donut really that hectic on coils, or could it be the PG/VG ratio as well?

I get a burnt taste every four or so vapes, then it seems ok for a while.

PG and VG shouldn't do anything to your coils. But there are some concentrates that are coil killers. Some chocolates, some coffees, sweeteners, FW Salted Caramel, etc. I tend to use these sparingly, if ever.

CGD is a bit of a coil killer, as Rich mentioned chocolate vapes seem to be some of the worst for gunking coils.

The dry hit every few puffs especially when chain vaping i would put down to high VG if it happens even on a new coil. if it happens only when the coil gets older it could be the 'gunk' getting a bit of a burn on the odd occasion, this is typical when running a coil gunker on higher power.

My Vape is attached to my lips CONSTANTLY. I've been nicknamed "groenie die draak" in the office because I've got clouds around me all the time.
Maybe I vape too much? Chain-vaper :p

Cap CGD is being reformulated so maybe the new one will be better on coils. And maybe even taste better too. Cap NY Cheesecake is also being reformulated. So that might kill not only Simply Cannoli but almost every other cannoli on the market too. Goldfish's and Aron's Cannoli both use Cap NYCC, as does Tootall's Lemon Meringue Cannoli.

Cap CGD is being reformulated so maybe the new one will be better on coils. And maybe even taste better too. Cap NY Cheesecake is also being reformulated. So that might kill not only Simply Cannoli but almost every other cannoli on the market too. Goldfish's and Aron's Cannoli both use Cap NYCC, as does Tootall's Lemon Meringue Cannoli.
Oh hell, didn't know about NYCC's reformulation.
Wish they'd do something about normal glazed doughnut though. It tastes like it belongs in an Axe commercial. As the Axe.

There's a bunch of new cheesecakes on the market - PUR, OOO, Flv - so maybe one of them will sub. Or maybe the new Cap one will still be good. I certainly hope so, I would hate to drop the cannolis from my rotation.

Was mixing 3 batches of wintergreen + polarblast... 1st the nic, then the concentrates, then the PG and top them up with VG to 30ml's... as I finish toping up the last one, I realise it topped them all up with nic .

Was mixing 3 batches of wintergreen + polarblast... 1st the nic, then the concentrates, then the PG and top them up with VG to 30ml's... as I finish toping up the last one, I realise it topped them all up with nic .

Eina

I rated it funny because there is no ooooooooo button.

Back