DIY Eliquid almost no Flavour

Guys,

I really need to thank all for the feedback and input. Never expected so much reaction.

I will provide an update after the Vendor gets testing results back to me.

I dont know hey.

I have FA Custard for around 8-12 months. Can't remember exactly. I recent tried it standalone at 3 and 4%.... tasted like "something", close to nothing.

Then, you don't know how long it's been on the retailers shelf either.
I have plenty of flavorings that are 12-14 months old. They have been kept in a cool dark place and sealed properly and I still use them often and that are all still good. Did you use strawberry ripe by any chance. Strawberry ripe does lose the spicy top notes after a two or so week steep. You need to buff it up with tfa strawberry or cap sweet strawberry. Lychee is also notorious for going floral and losing some potency.

None of my flavors have ever gone bad. I did have a bad batch of fw sugar cookies once. But that was quite a long time ago and it wasn't purchased from a vendor. I purchased that from someone who didn't like the flavor. So that maybe due to improper storage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Guys,

I really need to thank all for the feedback and input. Never expected so much reaction.

I will provide an update after the Vendor gets testing results back to me.
He also spoke with me (this is exactly why I choose to buy from him almost solely). I did a count just now and I have 53 flavors of his right now and have probably got 90 odd concentrates from him in the last few months (most recent purchase was 3 or so week back)

I don't have any issues with any of those Flavorings

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi,

My problem is that it is only the Diy liquids, not store bought.

Only diff between self made liquid and store bought, is that the store bought liquids are mixed by experts. Ingredients are the same as what we use at home.

Hi, the vendor got back to me, and indicated that they tested the concentrates and all seem fine.However I can actully taste the new concentrates mixed up the same way as before.

I've been mixing for about 8/9 months now. My overall experience has been exactly this; smells great, tastes like nothing, or close to nothing. I have gone from drops to weight, over flavouring to under flavouring, with sweetener and without, shake and vape to a months steep, milk frother to crock pot. I make use of popular recipes and ones posted here. Ive bought concentrates from 3 different reputable vendors, so I'm sure its not the concentrates. Tried different tanks, drippers, wicks and coils. Not much difference between any of then flavour wise.
It feels like I'm missing just that last trick to pull it off. Something obvious. It's really really frustrating, especially seeing everyone else being able to pull it off.

Thanks @RichJB
This is very interesting

It's very exciting as we are still largely in the pioneering phase of understanding how food flavourings work in a purely olfactory application. There are so many diverse aspects, such as two very tasty standalone flavours producing a horrible alchemy when they are put together. Another aspect that has emerged recently is that of flavours turning off and then on again. I was chatting with one very experienced mixer who says that Flavorah flavours can fade very quickly within a few days while steeping - but most of the flavour then returns with continued steeping. And then another quirk that has been noted with Flv is is that a particular flavour can be excellent at 1%, turns horrible at 2%, but then becomes very tasty again at 3%. Why these things should happen isn't clear yet. But I guess answers will emerge as the knowledge database grows.

I've been mixing for about 8/9 months now. My overall experience has been exactly this; smells great, tastes like nothing, or close to nothing. I have gone from drops to weight, over flavouring to under flavouring, with sweetener and without, shake and vape to a months steep, milk frother to crock pot. I make use of popular recipes and ones posted here. Ive bought concentrates from 3 different reputable vendors, so I'm sure its not the concentrates. Tried different tanks, drippers, wicks and coils. Not much difference between any of then flavour wise.
It feels like I'm missing just that last trick to pull it off. Something obvious. It's really really frustrating, especially seeing everyone else being able to pull it off.
This stumps me. Totally. Something is rotten. What program do you use? Post some snapshots of your recipes please.

Back