1.jpg
1. First select the Ingredient report
2. Then select Add column
3. Give your column a name and a header, in this case "Recipe Count"
4. Click Define
2.jpg
Type {RecipeCount} including the parenthesis in the data field
click Apply

5. You will see the column there in the preview window and you can adjust the column size with you mouse. Or you can specify the width with the up/down selector.

If you want you can generate a txt file to keep your report.

@Andre here you go
Tools-->Build/Generate custom report

View attachment 80505
4. Click Define
View attachment 80506
click Apply

5. You will see the column there in the preview window and you can adjust the column size with you mouse. Or you can specify the width with the up/down selector.

Perfect, thank you, kind Sir. Success. Discounting Nic, VG and PG first place goes to FA Vienna Cream, closely followed by FA Fresh Cream.

FA Vienna Cream, FA Black Fire, FA Burley

There are some nice reports you can get out of it if you play around a bit.

@HotRod19579 generating a custom report for the recipes and adding a {LastMade} field does not seem to work.
Field is always blank

I clicked on that Import Excel function you showed and got an error which shut down the programme when I clicked on Create Template Spreadsheet. I wouldn't mind spending the time to compile an Excel spreadsheet that lists most of the top concentrates and their specific gravities. But I'm loath to do it if it will be in a format which the app doesn't recognise and can't use. @HotRod19579 if you (or anybody else) can provide instructions on how I would need to format the Excel spreadsheet such that the app imports and uses it correctly, I'll happily spend the time inputting the flavours.

I'd be happy to do so too. I was going to slowly work my way through my concentrates anyways, so if it can help others have more accurate info then great :)

But if can't be used then I'll just do it straight into the app as I'd planned to.

If it helps any, here is a list of all the TFA concentrates and their weights.

Edit: if anybody wants information on the SG of Capella concentrates, you can download a zip with MSDS docs (including SG) for most of their concentrates here.

Last edited:
@Andre here you go
Tools-->Build/Generate custom report

View attachment 80505
4. Click Define
View attachment 80506
click Apply

Also, you could have exported the report you created, sent it to another user and the other user could import the already built report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I clicked on that Import Excel function you showed and got an error which shut down the programme when I clicked on Create Template Spreadsheet. I wouldn't mind spending the time to compile an Excel spreadsheet that lists most of the top concentrates and their specific gravities. But I'm loath to do it if it will be in a format which the app doesn't recognise and can't use. @HotRod19579 if you (or anybody else) can provide instructions on how I would need to format the Excel spreadsheet such that the app imports and uses it correctly, I'll happily spend the time inputting the flavours.

Can you send me the details of the error that you got when you tried to create the template?
Do you have Excel installed? It won't work if you don't.

I see now that when you create a pre-blend concentrate you have the option to associate it with the pre-blend recipe.
So when you make the recipe it increases the value on hand in your ingredients.
Does anyone know (maybe I just cant find it) if there is a way to associate an existing pre-blend/flavor base with it's recipe or do I need to redo them all?

Currently there is not a way to associate them, it only associates bases created after the update is installed.

Can you send me the details of the error that you got when you tried to create the template?
Do you have Excel installed? It won't work if you don't.

Ah, that will explain it then. I have Libre Office installed on this computer, Excel on my other one. If I do a fresh install of the latest version on my other computer with no ingredients added, will it walk me through creating the template to import a list of ingredients with specific gravities from Excel?

Ah, that will explain it then. I have Libre Office installed on this computer, Excel on my other one. If I do a fresh install of the latest version on my other computer with no ingredients added, will it walk me through creating the template to import a list of ingredients with specific gravities from Excel?
@RichJB you will see that once you create the template it will make sense.
Excel will open with the field headers and you can fill in your rows

Cool, thanks @GregF, I will download a fresh install and see if I can import my concentrates with specific gravities included.

Edit: gah, now I need MS NET framework 4 or higher and I can't update as my other computer doesn't have net connection. Oh well.

Lol, downloaded NET 4 and when I tried to install it, I now have to go back to Microsoft and install something else first. This is too much PT for me. :p

I did manage to find FA's specific gravities here.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks @GregF, I will download a fresh install and see if I can import my concentrates with specific gravities included.

Edit: gah, now I need MS NET framework 4 or higher and I can't update as my other computer doesn't have net connection. Oh well.

Lol, downloaded NET 4 and when I tried to install it, I now have to go back to Microsoft and install something else first. This is too much PT for me. :p

I did manage to find FA's specific gravities here.
As an FYI, the option to "Import recipes and ingredients from starter kit" downloads a juice file from the website. If you go to http://diyjuicecalculator.com, under "Misc Files" you can click on the "Recipe starter kit" to download. It is a juice file and after it is downloaded you can do a "File->Open" from the calculator to open the downloaded file. Just remember where your current juice file is, to get back to you normal juice file (after opening the starter kit) you will need to do a "File->Open" OR click on "File->Open recent" to get back to your original juice file.

@HotRod19579 I get this quite often, dont know if it is something you can do something about???
When I click on Flavor %

error.jpg

@HotRod19579 I get this quite often, dont know if it is something you can do something about???
When I click on Flavor %

View attachment 80761
Can you confirm? I believe that the reason this hasn't been reported to me is because the exception is only occurring when you are adjusting the flavor percentage of a "flavor base" recipe. Does this only occur when you attempt to adjust a flavor base but doesn't occur when you adjust a recipe for a normal recipe? I have implemented the fix (next version) but my flavor base recipes are not causing this to happen.

That is correct. It only happens when trying to view a flavor base recipe % and not on a normal recipe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is correct. It only happens when trying to view a flavor base recipe % and not on a normal recipe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
But why want to view the Flavor % as your flavor base recipe gives the flavor percentages itself?

But why want to view the Flavor % as your flavor base recipe gives the flavor percentages itself?
You are 100% correct @Andre but it is easier to change the % in that window (if your recipe changes) without unlocking everything to go up or down.

Version 8.0.0.7 is available. Changes include:
1. On the "Build/Generate custom report" window, define column data; added the option to double click an item listed in "Field values" and have it automatically added to the "Column data" with the appropriate {}'s.
2. Made the information icon for the ingredients smaller.
3. The previous change allowing shortcuts for the date fields did not have international date format support. Fixed.
4. The Build/Generate custom report was not picking up the date the recipe was last made value and always showing blanks. Fixed.
5. Added the ability to sort the shopping list by the columns displayed. Click on the column header to sort.
6. Added the ability to display the recipes in order of last made date.
7. On occasion when clicking the "Flavor %" button an exception was being thrown. This would usually happen when adjusting the flavor percentage for a "flavor base" recipe. Fixed.

I made a quick correction to 8.0.0.7 and 8.0.0.8 is the version that is available. Item #5 was not working from "View->Sort recipes", it was only working from Tools->Options. Fixed.

@HotRod19579 a nice feature to have, to be able to sort your reports by clicking on the column like you did in the shopping list. You would have to work around the click and move column feature though.

[edit] maybe make the first column the sort by column.

Back