DIY JuiceCalculator by @HotRod19579

View->Recipe history
would be nice to see how much was made next to LastMade
Then on that note it would be nice to have a recipe history report feature.

Version 8.0.0.6 is available. Changes include:

1. When installing the standard version of the calculator, don't prompt for a new installation location. The prompt was misleading and for the most part accomplished nothing since Windows would still install in the Program Files directory. The portable installation is used for installing in different locations.

2. Ingredients on the recipe window that have notes associated with them will display an information icon. When the mouse is over the icon a tooltip will be displayed showing the notes.

3. Added a shortcut for entering the purchase date on the ingredient window (also the last made date on the recipe window).
You can enter the following values and when you leave the date field the date will be populated:
T = Today's date
Y = Yesterday's date
"T-nnn" where nnn is the number of days to subtract from today's date
LW = Last week (today minus 7 days)
LM = Last month (today minus 1 month)

4. This change was made to help new users. When a new juice file is created and there are no nicotine ingredients a new user may struggle figuring out how to add a new nicotine ingredient. If you have a juice file open with no nicotine ingredients and have created or selected a recipe, the nicotine ingredient will show a button on the recipe window allowing you to click it to create your first nicotine ingredient.

5. Updated the "Show instructional notes" help file with a post from Andre in the ecigsSA forum.

6. On the label definition window changed the number of decimal places displayed from 2 to 4.

7. Made a new field available for "Ingredient" type reports in the "Tools->Build/Generate custom report" window. You can now define a column with a value of {RecipeCount}. This will display how many recipes an ingredient is used in.
Hey @HotRod19579 we will the android app be available, thanks

Although that would be awesome. Can you imagine using your desktop and your mobile with the same xml database in the cloud.:campeon:

@HotRod19579 when a flavor base is created from a recipe and you save the ingredient it creates the ingredient and adds those mils to the inventory. Would it not be better to increase the inventory amount only when you make the preblend.

@HotRod19579 when a flavor base is created from a recipe and you save the ingredient it creates the ingredient and adds those mils to the inventory. Would it not be better to increase the inventory amount only when you make the preblend.

Yes, originally the base recipe wasn't connected to the ingredient so that was the only time I could auto-update the inventory. Now that they can be connected I need to turn that off. Next version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @HotRod19579 - seriously - I hope this is not a daft question - or maybe I lost the plot somewhere but I'm on an iPhone 6s - can your program be used on an iPhone or is your program used exclusively on computers...???

Thank You and look forward to your comments.

Best Regards

Hi @HotRod19579 - seriously - I hope this is not a daft question - or maybe I lost the plot somewhere but I'm on an iPhone 6s - can your program be used on an iPhone or is your program used exclusively on computers...???

Thank You and look forward to your comments.

Best Regards

It is a Windows .Net application and will only run on Windows PCs or tablets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@HotRod19579 Hi. Slight error to report.

I created a base from a recipe and the result was added to my ingredients. Created a recipe using this combined ingredient and later decided to delete it. I could delete the recipe but I can not delete the recipe. The recipe reference within the ingredients details is not deleted when the recipe is deleted. Screenshot:
upload_2017-3-8_20-25-26.png
(Sorry, did not know it was going to come out like that...)

Regards

EDIT: SORRY - My error - Deleted the original recipe used to create the premix and not the recipe using the premix. Apologies all round. Deleted the recipe using the mix and could delete the premix. Everything is working fine.

Last edited:
@HotRod19579 , just a small issue regarding the pop up message informing on low concentrate levels. It at times gives some spectacular fractions as demonstrated below. Could that be limited to 1 or 2 decimals after the comma?
upload_2017-3-12_19-37-16.png

Regards

@HotRod19579 As someone completely new to DIY'ing, this tool you have created is such an awesome help so I just wanted to say thank you for the time and effort you put into creating, maintaining and improving it - you rock dude!!!

@HotRod19579 - First of all, brilliant app! I have used this exclusively since I started DIY'ing and have not looked back since! There are many functions I do not make use of, but will one day, especially the reports. But things like weighting and pricing per item, etc. are used a lot!

May I ask for two additions if possible please?
1. Search function within ingredients. I, like many other serious DIY people out there, have an extensive list of concentrates consisting of many different creams (Sweet, Catalan, Vienna, Whipped, etc.) and many different apples, etc. etc. When I want to place an order for new concentrates I do not have, I would really like to be able to search my database to see what I do have so I do not order duplicates or even if I am looking for a specific ingredient but cannot recall the first part of the name, e.g. the 'fuji' in fuji apple, then I can just search for 'apple' and a list can be presented.
2. Would it be possible to have password protection when opening the application? I lock my PC whenever I am away from my table, but it would be nice to have a password on the app as well even if it is just when opening the app.

Many thanks again for this true work of art!

@HotRod19579 had surgery on his hand earlier this year and that's why he has been so quiet.
I am sure he will be back some time soon.
Hope all goes well @HotRod19579 :ambulance:

Last edited:
We should then all pitch in and buy him a mouthguard, a pencil and some glue. Then he can tap away on the keyboard like a woodpecker a tree.... :D
A voice recognition system would have been best, but we all know DIY'ers are in it to save money, hence offering the cheaper option. :D

We should then all pitch in and buy him a mouthguard, a pencil and some glue. Then he can tap away on the keyboard like a woodpecker a tree.... :D
A voice recognition system would have been best, but we all know DIY'ers are in it to save money, hence offering the cheaper option. :D
Spend money on a pencil, mouth guard and glue! "SIGH"...

On a serious note, I noticed the silence and was wondering why.

All the best and a speedy recovery @HotRod19579 !

Regards

Back