DIY Mod build Q&A.

Need help please guys my mod just auto fires. I'm sure I've screwed up the wiring somewhere any ideas for troubleshooting?

hI97vO.jpg

Need help please guys my mod just auto fires. I'm sure I've screwed up the wiring somewhere any ideas for troubleshooting?

hI97vO.jpg
You probably have the gate signal shorting. I can sort it out for you just let me know when you free.

hI97vO.jpg

Gambit Check that your negative wire connected to your negative switches isent making contact with the housing. When we build @CYB3R N1NJ4s box the same thing happened. Easy to fix if it is the issue. Just check and make sure before going through open heart surgery

Gambit Check that your negative wire connected to your negative switches isent making contact with the housing. When we build @CYB3R N1NJ4s box the same thing happened. Easy to fix if it is the issue. Just check and make sure before going through open heart surgery
Thanks man, Ant helped me find the problem. The negative contact on the battery sled was shorting against the casing.

Hi Guys, some really good looking dig mods here. A few questions: How do you install the magnets and get them to sit flush with the lids?

I notice that there are no venting holes, is it not wise to drill some into the case?

Hi Guys, some really good looking dig mods here. A few questions: How do you install the magnets and get them to sit flush with the lids?

I notice that there are no venting holes, is it not wise to drill some into the case?
@Raslin you will have to counter sink those holes abit more with a drill bit. A 6.5mm should do the trick, but be careful not to drill thru go bit by bit. Drill abit then see how magnet sits. To secure them you can use 5min epoxy. Also make sure that the magnets are all the right way around before u stick them else the magnets push the lid off. There is no real need to drill venting holes as the lid does not seal airtight when it is on

Be nice! First time ever doing something like that! I think I nailed it....Mostly! At least it fires, which is more than I thought would happen to be honest
Hahaha! It came out awesomely. And like you said, it works. And it was fun too. Who doesn't enjoy making a mod in one night and getting to bed at 3am to be up for work at 5!
All said, I would do it again!

@SEAN P, thanks for the tips. I will countersink slowly. I still think vent holes should be drilled, just for safety sake.

So I decided to take one of my sa box mods to @Alex to make it super neat and build it to the USA standards if not better here are some of the pics so far :p

7a3ccbab5c6cd3d051487380e2180fdc.jpg
b2aad1974620cf181100d942c259ccc6.jpg
d9e528edb9ab305bdaecd9e793c0d06b.jpg
079c7d360af19ae474f393ab6d8c6e86.jpg
84c9a4eb37fa88d5a4b84122daee4f3e.jpg
3cb70dac7275896cb405419fad81387f.jpg
0112660af111a91ac774415658fabeef.jpg
23db9c6805a19e2ac4cfbccacbecd654.jpg
2bf4d2a5e3359a2c2fc78ce2981c8cd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@SEAN P, thanks for the tips. I will countersink slowly. I still think vent holes should be drilled, just for safety sake.
Feel free to do so. After all its not called a DIY for no reason. You can build it or customize it just as you feel

Second one done and dusted.....and it auto fire. Crap!!!
I will check the wires a bit later. Thanks to you guys, I have an idea were to start looking. Shot!

Has anybody added a volt reader to this box?

Adding a volt meter would be cool. Anybody know where to source one that will fit?

I have a volt/ohm reader I will add. Thanks ant

My only issue is, fitting it, spacing etc. don't want to have it outside. Also wiring it, I suck at electronics

Back