DIY RAW MOD - Asmodus Minikin Boost

TheBadMadMan

Dik GeVape
LV

Awards
Some DIY action for the day.

Stripped and polished my previously Black Minikin Boost.

All this was done using common household items - MacGyver style.

Critique welcome.

:--)

IMG_8834.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8840.jpg

IMG_8830.jpg

IMG_8836.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

This is the kind of thing I love to do, awesome job :neng2kb:

You can refine that with steelwool and Brasso, some elbow grease and it will be smooth as a babies bum.
Great job !!!

You can refine that with steelwool and Brasso, some elbow grease and it will be smooth as a babies bum.
Great job !!!

Indeed, in fact i did use a drop of Brasso and a kitchen towel to finish it off but just for a brief moment.
I will be doing a full polish with a polisher/drill attachement in the near future to iron out some RDA marks on the top and some general micro pitting on the metal surface.
I am also wanting to see how badly (or if) this will oxidise now that I have stripped it, so once I see this result I will then decide what to do from there on out.

Indeed, in fact i did use a drop of Brasso and a kitchen towel to finish it off but just for a brief moment.
I will be doing a full polish with a polisher/drill attachement in the near future to iron out some RDA marks on the top and some general micro pitting on the metal surface.
I am also wanting to see how badly (or if) this will oxidise now that I have stripped it, so once I see this result I will then decide what to do from there on out.
That is looking Goood!! Well done man, Please keep us posted on how the polish holds up? I am planning to repaint or DIY hydro dip mine, but a polish with a coat of clear coat might do well instead?

That is looking Goood!! Well done man, Please keep us posted on how the polish holds up? I am planning to repaint or DIY hydro dip mine, but a polish with a coat of clear coat might do well instead?
Will definitely keep you updated, I'll give it a couple of days maybe even weeks.

Although I'm not sure how well a standard clear coat will hold onto this polished surface. I'm a bit doubtful that it will be durable. Think it might peel prematurely. Although if someone is by the means to do someone sort of automotive grade lacquer then it might be a worthwhile exercise.

Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback.

Will definitely keep you updated, I'll give it a couple of days maybe even weeks.

Although I'm not sure how well a standard clear coat will hold onto this polished surface. I'm a bit doubtful that it will be durable. Think it might peel prematurely. Although if someone is by the means to do someone sort of automotive grade lacquer then it might be a worthwhile exercise.

Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback.

do you have a "before" picture ?

Back