DNV Split-Atty RDTA Review

Kalashnikov

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
DNV Split Atty

Introduction.

So i thought i would just do a little review of this little atty. I have used it over the weekend so have had some good time to give my thoughts.

First off this review is based of the clone version as it seemed to be the only 1 available locally at the moment.
So first thought when i first opened the tin it comes packaged in... This thing is so tiny and quite the looker as well. I would say its about the size of a serpent mini 22.

My reasons for wanting such an atty is i am not the best at squonking. I feel like the problem i had was with over squonking attys such as the hadaly and OL16. I Was tired of needing to look at the airholes to know when to stop. And along came this badboy...
ff4bdcc4-1a73-4ebb-bb90-8e5fe5cc4c5b.jpg

Building

The deck is quite small and compact. I would not say its one of the easiest to build on. The wire needs to be trapped under the large screw which can prove tricky keeping it in place when tightening. The center posts contain possibly some of the smallest screws known to man. But they seem to work just fine and trap the wire very easily.
02c020eb-73f2-4210-b72a-bedc738e55f1.jpg

I decided to go for a single coil option with a Demon Killer wire quad coil. The rdta does include a single coil plug as well as has designated airflow option for single coil. The airflow ring can be a pain to adjust as its done from withing the top cap from the inside be rotating the ring. I just left it full open on the single coil option.

Wicking

The wicking is just as you would wick any rdta. Wicks should hang down the tank and fully cover the juice channels without being overly stuffed. I let my wick tails just hang about 3/4 way down the tank. Never had any leaking issues at all on my first attempt even with the tank laying on its side.

As you can see the giant centre screw on top of the posts. I just used one from the spares to plug up a hole as thats where you would fill the liquid if it is not being used in squonk mode. They say you can fill it directly from the top through the driptip. I could not test this as i dont have any needle tip bottles. But with the size of that driptip i can believe that to work very easily.

Right now the highlight of the show. Filling the tank from the bottom feeder. I used my dripbox2 for this. It makes connection perfectly no issues here. The tank by my estimate with wicks seems to hold about 1.5ml.... Which it can refill rather quickly without issues...

Video Of refill...

How It Vapes

This atty was definitely designed for flavour chasers. Also to add on you do get a 510 adapter as well...
The small compact tank really produces some amazing flavour at 30W. I have only tried it in single coil and the vape is amazing. The airflow on single coil gives a nice restricted style lung hit. It is able to chuck some pretty big clouds as well. This atty definitely does not need to be used in dual coil mode. It does more than a great job in single mode.

What i love is that when its time to vape i just squonk it up and vape for about 10mins and the tank is out again. Just as long as a normal vape break at work takes. I now love squonking again as with this tank you basically walking around with a 10ml RDTA. Its genius how it works. This little atty has retired all my bottom fed rdas just cause it makes everything so much easier.

Anyone into squonking i highly would suggest this tank . i think it would be a little pointless to use it as a normal rdta as the 1.5ml capacity would drive me nutso_O. But as a squonking tank it works so well together.

Hope to see more gear styled like this in the future...:)

Last edited:
Super review @Kalashnikov
Thanks for documenting your findings!
The atty looks fantastic
Liked the video too.

May I just make a suggestion @Kalashnikov , can we move this to the respective Hardware review section?
This subforum is for reviewers to document their reviews on an ongoing basis, not for individual threads on each item. You can at a later stage start a Kalashnikov thread here (of sorts) and link to the various other reviews you have done in their respective sections. Hope that makes sense?

May I just make a suggestion @Kalashnikov , can we move this to the respective Hardware review section?
This subforum is for reviewers to document their reviews on an ongoing basis, not for individual threads on each item. You can at a later stage start a Kalashnikov thread here (of sorts) and link to the various other reviews you have done in their respective sections. Hope that makes sense?
No problem i was little confused. Please move it to the right place :) thanks

@Kalashnikov, thanks for this!

How would you rate the flavour of a single coil build to that of the Hadaly and OL16 that you mentioned in your review?

@Kalashnikov, thanks for this!

How would you rate the flavour of a single coil build to that of the Hadaly and OL16 that you mentioned in your review?
I would rate it better than the hadaly and on par with the ol16. Although that is subjective. But bottom line its really good with a perfect draw

I would rate it better than the hadaly and on par with the ol16. Although that is subjective. But bottom line its really good with a perfect draw

Thanks. I agree it's subjective but a starting point is always a good thing.

Back