Do you have a mod that is too pretty to use?

Quintusson

Life is good and I am blessed :)
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Here's the thing. I have a Lost Vape Paranormal, which to me is one of the most beautiful mods out there, and if I could I would build a special case in which I would place it, alongside other mods when I have the money to buy them, to have it on display rather than use it.

Alas, the other mods I have each have a certain something to them which is why I do not use them on a daily basis. My Minikin V2 looks like it went through a sandstorm with all the paint its lost over the time. My HCigar VT 75, though also quite a work of art, gets hot very quickly due to the high wattage I vape it at, so it becomes uncomfortable when driving to work or home. I have my Aegis, but I already use that daily - use two mods and tanks, one with a creamy and one with a fruity flavour. That then leaves me with my Pico 25, which I probably can use, but I just don't want to...

So, do you have a mod which is too pretty to use? And do you use it or is it there on a shelf or something being saved and cared for and just for knowing that you own that beautiful piece of art?

raptor.jpg parad.jpg

My very first custom-made High-End mod was way too beautiful and way too expensive to use and I pretty much only used it a few times at my desk... it was also too big... it sat in my display cabinet for a year or so and eventually I sold it to a collector.
VikingHussarGrass01.jpg VikingHussarGrass02.jpg VikingHussarGrass03.jpg VikingHussarGrass09.jpg

That is one beautiful piece of machinery uncle Rob!

I agree. My Paranormal comes out of its box for one week a month and only goes with me to work and vape shops. I don't take it with me when I am out and about to random places because I am afraid I will drop it or something!

Short answer: No
If I don't get use out of a device (for whatever reason) I will sell it.
I don't baby my gear but I also don't abuse it. I don't see the point in spending a lot of time, money and/or effort to acquire an item ... just not to use it.
Take care of your toys but use it, that is where the value sits (in my opinion).

I want to agree with @TheV here and say that a mod should be used and regularly. My gear
E07B2EE3-DD1B-4CC9-9EC9-A4ADEEB41C75.jpeg
All have a purpose in my daily life.
If a mod needs to be babied is not worth it for me and yes like V said. Use it but dont abuse it.

When I first got my blue Athena, I was either too scared to use a mech or it was too beautiful.
Not expensive, just looked amazing.

I agree with you @TheV. It's the same as keeping one's best crockery in the cupboard, to be taken out only on Xmas Day or when visitors arrive. Why use the best for visitors and not for yourself?? That's something I've never been able to understand.

I don't usually use my Basal at home, simply because I'm always busy and it falls over/gets knocked over very easily, because it has such a narrow base. It's such a beautiful mod (for me) and I would hate for it to be damaged.

Beautiful_2.jpg

I agree with you @TheV. It's the same as keeping one's best crockery in the cupboard, to be taken out only on Xmas Day or when visitors arrive. Why use the best for visitors and not for yourself?? That's something I've never been able to understand.
I completely agree. In fact the more special something is, the more I will use it.
... and don't even get me started on people that put plastic on their couches :eek:

Firstly @Rob Fisher - that is/was a thing of absolute beauty.

Secondly - to me also none of my mods are in a display cabinet. I have Desche bags to protect them when I carry it around, but I buy to vape firstly and to show off secondly. As they say: If you've got it, flaunt it.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Last edited:
That is why my mom has my Royal Alberts - I do not drink tea, and neither does anyone who visits meo_O

I completely agree. In fact the more special something is, the more I will use it.
... and don't even get me started on people that put plastic on their couches :eek:
Oooohh... Or people that leave that plastic film on things (this is my boss)...

20180404_162456-800x450.jpg

Firstly @Rib Fisher - that is/was a thing of absolute beauty.

Secondly - to me also none of my mods are in a display cabinet. I have Desche bags to protect them when I carry it around, but I buy to vape firstly and to show off secondly. As they say: If you've got it, flaunt it.

Sent by iDad's iPhone
Rib Fisher?! The name is actually pretty apt! :giggle:

Where else is @Stosta supposed to house his plastic doll collection if not on the couch?

Where else is @Stosta supposed to house his plastic doll collection if not on the couch?
Like any self-respecting person ... he keeps them in his doll fort:
maxresdefault.jpg

Back