Do you still believe in the flavour or Do you look at the price?

Do you still believe in the flavour or Do you look at the price?

• Flavour

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • Price

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Apex was amazingly good and accurate.

My top 5 local would be:

1. Creamy Clouds - Pear Caramel
2. NCV - Frozen
3. Creamy Clouds Lemon Cream
4. NCV - Apex
5. Mr Hardwicks - Debbie Does Donuts
Debbie Does Donuts was an oldddd classic I used to get it all the time

My post was def not intended to throw shade at any of the juices out there ... if you enjoy budget juice then yes go for it (price shouldn't be a factor) if you enjoy premium go for it (price shouldn't be a factor) it's all about enjoying the juice you buy and not buying juice cheap fake juice just to keep vaping ...

I have come back to this thread as I just received my Red Pill one shot delivery (with other stuff from Blck). A google search shows me Red Pill in 100 ml bottles available commercially for around 300 ZAR.

The one shot is 160 ZAR which will make me 270 mls at a cost of 192 ZAR.

So this is a considerable saving for me in ZAR but I do have to add in my labour cost, cost of bottles and of course the risk of mixing is my own.

Will I get a better or worse experience from the one shot versus the commercial bottle. I will never know because I don't want to pay 300 bucks for a bottle of 100 ml that I will finish before a week. I am however happy at the cost and labour for the one shot.

I get your point I really do. Belts are tightening and just like some guys will change brands and get cheaper smokes, so some guys will look for less expensive juice. In this instance Red Pill should be exactly the same flavour, but you have paid the premium for some one to mix it and bottle it for you.

I have no issue with either and have much more success with mixing one shots than my own poor creations. Viva La one shot.

I have come back to this thread as I just received my Red Pill one shot delivery (with other stuff from Blck). A google search shows me Red Pill in 100 ml bottles available commercially for around 300 ZAR.

The one shot is 160 ZAR which will make me 270 mls at a cost of 192 ZAR.

So this is a considerable saving for me in ZAR but I do have to add in my labour cost, cost of bottles and of course the risk of mixing is my own.

Will I get a better or worse experience from the one shot versus the commercial bottle. I will never know because I don't want to pay 300 bucks for a bottle of 100 ml that I will finish before a week. I am however happy at the cost and labour for the one shot.

I get your point I really do. Belts are tightening and just like some guys will change brands and get cheaper smokes, so some guys will look for less expensive juice. In this instance Red Pill should be exactly the same flavour, but you have paid the premium for some one to mix it and bottle it for you.

I have no issue with either and have much more success with mixing one shots than my own poor creations. Viva La one shot.

Well done, I'm glad you've found a cheaper solution.

For me, I have tried the one shot route and have somewhat given up on it, here's why;

I have been purchasing milkshake one shots from a few providers for some time now. After mixing and steeping, the flavour is good and (what seemed to be) satisfactory). I thought that this would be a huge saving going forward... Until I bought a bottle of TKO Blue Milk (an impulse buy) and vaped a tank of that directly after the stuff I'd mixed. Boy was I in for a shock! Whilst the one shot bubblegum milkshake was good, it came nowhere close to the TKO e-liquid. For me, I will always know that it's not as good and I can't live with that. :flamethrower2:

I have been a bit more adventurous and tried stuff like "cinnamon roll" etc. and expected it to close to commercial juices. The truth is, it just isn't.

I look for good value juices because it seems to be my only option for now...

Well its flawed, because we all have bought plenty expensive juices that is pretty bad or bland. So I would rather try a cheap juice at R150 for 120ml and its a fail, than have a fail with a R320 100ml juice

Well done, I'm glad you've found a cheaper solution.

For me, I have tried the one shot route and have somewhat given up on it, here's why;

I have been purchasing milkshake one shots from a few providers for some time now. After mixing and steeping, the flavour is good and (what seemed to be) satisfactory). I thought that this would be a huge saving going forward... Until I bought a bottle of TKO Blue Milk (an impulse buy) and vaped a tank of that directly after the stuff I'd mixed. Boy was I in for a shock! Whilst the one shot bubblegum milkshake was good, it came nowhere close to the TKO e-liquid. For me, I will always know that it's not as good and I can't live with that. :flamethrower2:

I have been a bit more adventurous and tried stuff like "cinnamon roll" etc. and expected it to close to commercial juices. The truth is, it just isn't.

I look for good value juices because it seems to be my only option for now...

I don't know how one shots are made so I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but I wonder if perhaps one of the original concentrates has been left out or the ratio of concentrates has been changed slightly? Sometimes when you ask someone for a food recipe they'll give it to you with a smile - but without telling you about this, that or the other. IF this is the case with one shots I don't blame the juice-maker at all. After all, he spent months getting it just right.

Furthermore, the VG, PG and nic which we add to one shots is more than likely not the same as that which the juice-maker uses in the original, so the taste would be different.

However, if a one shot is "good enough" then so be it. Good enough is good enough!!

I don't know how one shots are made so I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but I wonder if perhaps one of the original concentrates has been left out or the ratio of concentrates has been changed slightly? Sometimes when you ask someone for a food recipe they'll give it to you with a smile - but without telling you about this, that or the other. IF this is the case with one shots I don't blame the juice-maker at all. After all, he spent months getting it just right.

Furthermore, the VG, PG and nic which we add to one shots is more than likely not the same as that which the juice-maker uses in the original, so the taste would be different.

However, if a one shot is "good enough" then so be it. Good enough is good enough!!

I agree with you here.

My issue is not that a one shot is "bad" or "less than satisfactory". My issue is that most are pitched as "the same flavour, etc. at a lower price". In my experience so far, this has not been the case.

It is good, however (in this instance) not the same as a store-bought finished product. Some people can But I can't live with that.

I find price is generally not an indicator of whether I will like a juice

I have tried loads of juices in all price brackets and I found several that I like. Some are on the cheaper side and some more expensive.

As an example, I love Prime Fizz Apple Ice which is on the cheaper side and I love Taviro and Havana Nightz which are more expensive

what I do to make the juice last longer is I dilute it with PG/VG. I started at like 1/3 of PG/VG and 2/3 of the commercial juice. Now I’m nearing 1/3 of commercial juice. But if the juice is good it’s still a great vape even if the flavour is a bit weaker. If a juice costs a bit more it doesn’t make much of a difference when you dilute it down.

I can understand though that testing out juices can be expensive. That’s why it’s best to try before you buy or swop juices at vape meets etc (which has been non existent since Covid) but that’s the idea

haven’t bought an international juice for a long time. Prefer to support local and its great to be able to interact with the local mixologist when the opportunity arises

Back