Do your emotions affect your taste buds?

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
Have you ever had an experience, good or bad, where your emotions affected your ability to taste the e-juce?

This morning someone (no-one on the forum!) said something to me which hurt tremendously and my emotions went into a rapid decline. I thought I'd just go home and relax with my vape. However, my taste buds were as numb as my emotions - and my body, for that matter. I tried 3 different devices with a different flavour in each, but tasted NOTHING. It's only tonight that I've returned to normal.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

There's nothing @Rooigevaar 's Panama or Good boy oak reserve cannot cure.

The brain is a complex organ so it is possible that your emotions can affect your taste. That said, I've never experienced this before.

yes my short answer. wen i'm pist mad my Mather's milk tastes like shit.
cold strawberry stays the same and is my calm down vape. probably why i go threw 200ml a week.
and time of day morning i taste nothing till i am avake for 45min or so

@Hooked . I thought that what you were saying was absolute rubbish so I looked it up. You are right, as always. I feel guilty for doubting your experience. See Below :
"The results of this field study indicate that emotional manipulations in the form of pleasantly or unpleasantly perceived real-life events can influence the intensity perception of taste, ..."
The effect of emotional state on taste perception | Request PDF. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/279457455_The_effect_of_emotional_state_on_taste_perception [accessed Jan 21 2018].

@Hooked . I thought that what you were saying was absolute rubbish so I looked it up. You are right, as always. I feel guilty for doubting your experience. See Below :
"The results of this field study indicate that emotional manipulations in the form of pleasantly or unpleasantly perceived real-life events can influence the intensity perception of taste, ..."
The effect of emotional state on taste perception | Request PDF. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/279457455_The_effect_of_emotional_state_on_taste_perception [accessed Jan 21 2018].

@Puff the Magic Dragon Very interesting! Thanks for the link

Never observed this with myself @Hooked
Very interesting thread and concept

What changes my flavour perception occasionally is the time of the day and what ive just ate or drank.

@Silver Oh, yes, food and drink most definitely, but it's the first time that my emotions have influenced the taste. Mind you, it's the first time in months that I've been really, really upset!

I think for sure.

I noticed everything was tasting bland the week I started work and then getting kids into "big school" and senior primary. We also had some stress with my oldest's school.

My taste buds must of been affected, because I kept switching juice or going back to Menthol (to try clear the palette).

Must also be why stoners get the munchies - everything tastes good when you happy :eek:

I think for sure.

I noticed everything was tasting bland the week I started work and then getting kids into "big school" and senior primary. We also had some stress with my oldest's school.

My taste buds must of been affected, because I kept switching juice or going back to Menthol (to try clear the palette).

Must also be why stoners get the munchies - everything tastes good when you happy :eek:
Haha. :)
I always thought it was due to low blood sugar caused by marijuana usage.

No, the weather determines my juice preference.

My mood dictates the nicotine contenr

Much better, thanks @Puff the Magic Dragon. When the going gets tough, the tough get into bed with their dogs lol. What do those words mean?
Illegitimate Carborundum - a fake Latin phrase suggesting the statement "don't let the bastards get you down."

At least that is what Google comes up with.

Interesting topic @Hooked and the combined response is an eye opener. I think there are some builds I need to go revisit!

Thanks and regards

Back