Dragontw's Recipes

If you only making one juice at a time, simply fill a coffee cup with hot (tap water not boiling water) and place your sealed newly mixed juice inside. Let it stand until the water came to room temp, rinse and repeat for 3 times while giving the bottle a good shake in-between washes. Then place the bottle in a cool dark place to steep for at least a week. Remember to give the bottle a good shake every other day. If you making multiple bottles just scale it up and use something like tupperware.

The hot bath simply just kick starts the steeping process, breaking down the flavouring molecules to bind with the PG/VG.

Lovely recipe @dragontw
I used to LOVE the Hotstuff comics!
This one is definitely worth trying someday, thanks for the recipe
Just not looking forward to all the hot bathing and admin of steeping etc - lol

Please be careful of the hot bath technique - it should actually be a warm bath.

Just remember that the heating of eliquid above 50 degrees results in the oxidation of the nicotine - meaning it loses its potency.

Invest in an Ultrasonic bath if you're going to do a lot of DIY e-liquids, you will save massive on steping time, but that's just my opinion.

Better to get one from Gerry Optics in Strydom Park.

They offer excellent customer service, and have a simple one with 8 min timer, or a more advanced one, which @Rowan Francis just got. I have the 8 min timer one, and it works beautifully

Better to get one from Gerry Optics in Strydom Park.

They offer excellent customer service, and have a simple one with 8 min timer, or a more advanced one, which @Rowan Francis just got. I have the 8 min timer one, and it works beautifully
Thanks so much @devdev !! Just landed 17 bottles Mt Baker flavours and dont wanna wait 3 - 4 weeks :cool:

Fyi . Gerry's optics will be getting new stocks of ultra sonic cleaners in two weeks time . A good investment for cleaning and steeping .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Fyi . Gerry's optics will be getting new stocks of ultra sonic cleaners in two weeks time . A good investment for cleaning and steeping .

I havent managed to clean myself in mine yet @Rowan Francis, if you perfect the technique please let me know

Hi you said cleaning ... as in cleaning mods? Anything else vape related?

@devdev is this the model you have?
MEDOP NH-218 ULTRASONIC CLEANER

Here is the one I got:

http://goptics.co.za/?page_id=2406

Was about R1350 I think.

You can use it to clean sunglasses, glasses, mods, atomisers, tanks, coils and wicks. Pretty much anything but a battery.

I used it to clean the SVD's telescopic tube, and the grime that you watch dissolve as soon as you turn on the machine it actually astounding. Same goes for glasses. The dirt literally just fizzes out of the object

Here is the one I got:

http://goptics.co.za/?page_id=2406

Was about R1350 I think.

You can use it to clean sunglasses, glasses, mods, atomisers, tanks, coils and wicks. Pretty much anything but a battery.

I used it to clean the SVD's telescopic tube, and the grime that you watch dissolve as soon as you turn on the machine it actually astounding. Same goes for glasses. The dirt literally just fizzes out of the object

@devdev , i now have the same model , it really whips the llama's ass

If you want to speed up steeping, use glass containers for e-liquid as glass transfer ultra sonic waves better than plastic.

A word of caution here, it seems the Ultrasonic cleaner cracks thin glass. I had two protank 2 mini glasses I placed in mine, and they didn't survive the process. Just be careful with your PT and Nautilus glass, I think it is better not to place them in the cleaner, just my suspicion

A word of caution here, it seems the Ultrasonic cleaner cracks thin glass. I had two protank 2 mini glasses I placed in mine, and they didn't survive the process. Just be careful with your PT and Nautilus glass, I think it is better not to place them in the cleaner, just my suspicion

They must have had stress fractures already before you placed them in the Ultrasonic cleaner - I clean thin microscope slides at 180W, without a problem.

They must have had stress fractures already before you placed them in the Ultrasonic cleaner - I clean thin microscope slides at 180W, without a problem.

yes that is likely what happened then @johan, was either stress fracture or a weakness from manufacturing

Still the lesson was learnt, and since glass is inert and does not absorb flavours from eliquid there isnt really a need to USC, when a rinse under running water does the job

Back