Dripbox 160 - KangerTech

I was using Nichrome for years and everybody cried 'Kanthal!!'. Now I use S/S and everybody cries 'Nichrome!!'.

Just can't win.

I use SS quite a lot. i find its the most stable of the TC wires.

I like that SS can be used on VW or TC modes...

@WARMACHINE You can add me to another, whom still uses SS as well.

That said, kanthal claptons are my preferred VW wire over SS if purely for VW
Can SS be used in normal power mode, like using kanthal in non TC mode?

Can SS be used in normal power mode, like using kanthal in non TC mode?

Yes it can, but keep in mind, the resistance of SS is much lower than Kanthal. So you'll need more wraps than with Kanthal.

Thanks guys, will give this a go and see how it goes :)

Lol i know , but the whole kit is black , a black cable would just finish it off nicely. Just me being pedantic

The picture of the setup on the box and user booklet shows that the black mod has black buttons and the RDA has no red logo.. I hope it's actually like the one on the box. Much prefer the aesthetics of the full black one.

Last edited:
The picture of the setup on the box and user booklet shows that the black mod has black buttons and the RDA has no red logo.. I hope it actually like the one on the box. Much prefer the aesthetics of the full black one.
Yeah, the buttons are looking a bit crappy and cheap too.

anyone else notice the juice bottle has a lid :)
Yes, a very good addition as you can then just switch out with another bottle, cap the one coming out and leave it for next time. I have a horde of Reo bottles, each marked for the juice in there.
Hopefully, this time around they will release spare bottles with the mod.

Last edited:
I must say this product from Kanger really drew my attention! I like it....I like it a-lot!

All seems good, but my OCD is struggling the Kangertech trait of black mods with red buttons. Surely black buttons would look a lot cooler? Or is that just me? Still fancy this device big time and have sold 2 of my children to medical research to fund the shiny version.

Back