Dripbox 160 - KangerTech

But you cannot use it in TC mode.
Never tried Nichrome in TC mode, it is great in wattage mode, only wire I use on my mechs, SS just seems to fail on all my mech builds, either takes forever to fire up and/or the flavours are muted, compared to similar Nichrome builds.

Good to see that SS has a strong following, I thought it would go the same way as Ti and Ni wires

Never tried Nichrome in TC mode, it is great in wattage mode, only wire I use on my mechs, SS just seems to fail on all my mech builds, either takes forever to fire up and/or the flavours are muted, compared to similar Nichrome builds.

Good to see that SS has a strong following, I thought it would go the same way as Ti and Ni wires

SS is all I use. Personally I think its miles ahead of Kanthal

You cannot use Nichrome in TC mode is my understanding. I like my SS, mostly for TC vaping.

Last edited:
Just saw this posted on Kangertech's FB page.

I love the look of it and if it holds op to the standard that the Dripbox set, i will most definitely have to get myself one.

Hmm, now if only they release an 80W single battery version. Kinda like the current dripbox but with variable wattage.

The kbox 200 chip can do nichrome TC, they should have put it in the dripbox imo, suppose the have to cut costs where they can

All working out very well for me I must say. Will be in UK for 3 months from start of June, I have to have the shiny version, Yiippppeeee, let's go a squonking!!!

Was planning to get the Dropbox in July... Now hopefully I see this new guy in KL on holiday to make it that much enjoyable

TCR for different wires, NiChrome is at the top which barely moves with temperature, SS316 is second with very little change and last is Ni200 ...

Whether NiChrome TC works on Kanger products is speculation, it does however allow you to fire NiChrome builds down to 0.05 if I am not mistaken .. :devil:

upload_2016-5-13_7-39-51.png

Here the tables for those charts NiChrome at the top, SS316 second and Ni200 at the bottom

It tells me that a 0.1 Ohm coil will change to the following resistance when it hits 250 degrees.
NiChrome: 0.102 = 0.002 Ohm difference
SS316 : 0.12 = 0.02 Ohm difference
Ni200: 0.238 =0.238 Ohm difference

Now for the TC enthusiast the important part lies between 200 and 250, let's look at the difference there, here I state the resistance at 200 degrees and 250 degrees and the difference between them:

NiChrome: 0.1019 and 0.102 = 0.001 Ohm difference
SS316: 0.116 and 0.12 = 0.004 Ohm difference
Ni200: 0.208 and 0.238 =0.03 Ohm difference

Now keep in mind there is 50 degrees between 200 and 250 and divide the difference calculated above into 50 you may see that the change in resistance is so small that is highly unlikely that NiChrome can be regulated accurately, even SS316 is dubious for fine control on a TC build.

upload_2016-5-13_8-18-4.png

Back