Dripbox bottle getting scratched

Ravynheart

The Curious Raven
LV

Awards
I happily got my red Kangertech Dripbox two days ago but I noticed after two days of use, there's scratches on the bottle. Now I'm very new to squonking, but something tells me from the 45 degree angle of the scratches that this is from the metal of the mod. Anyone else experiencing this and should I risk sanding down?

I'm thinking that given the placement of the scoring... and your nails... it's caused by depressing the bottle when squonking.

All squonk bottles wear over time. You likely wouldn't see it if the bottle were not black (most are clear).

Haven't seen you for a while
Welcome back @Ravynheart from Toti
Hows the vape on the drip box and what you vaping in it?

I dont have a drip box but am wondering whether spare squonk bottles are available to purchase?

Thank you! @Silver I have a pair of stainless steel coils at 0.37 ohms and Foggs Famous sauce, A Grand Escape in at the moment. Really is a flavour machine! I highly recommend this little device.

@Papa_Lazarou it's impossible for my nails to cause that as I press with the flat of my thumb and they don't come into contact with the bottle with pressure to cause a dent.

The scratches line up with the one side so I took out the bottle and felt the edge and only on the right side, where the scratches line up, there is a sharp edge. So I've taken a needle file and very gently rounded it. Hopefully this will resolve the problem 20160404_101843.jpg

Don't you guys just love it when a woman knows how to use a needle file :) How is the diy coming along @Ravynheart ?

Ah, this thread disappeared for me for a while. Did PM you @Ravynheart, but seems to me you have it sorted. Agree with your conclusion and fix.

Unfortunately the needle file does take off paint, however the area needed to be rounded is very thin unnoticeable once the bottle is in place. @Viper_SA I've turned the bottle to an unscratched area and so far there is no further damage. Looks like a case of untidy Chinese machining.

@Viper_SA not as well as expected :nusenuse: seems like I just got the wrong concentrates. Did get a couple good mixes but nothing more other than that. Got a recommendation that I'm going to try at a later point. Just have to use what I've got at the moment. Yesterday went mad scientist and just threw together big batch combinations that I know that work and going to forget them in the cupboard for a month or so and hope for the best. :D

Oh no! This is a terrible conundrum for me! Do I risk ruining the aesthetics of the bottles, or do I ruin the aesthetics of my mod?! The other option of course is for me to simply never use it and keep both looking pretty...

I must say the red looks stunning... The dripbox is just awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Back