E-cigarette advice

Thanks all.

That means that the Nautilus Mini won't work for me either. SO WHAT NOW FOLKS !!!

It will work for you - one little hole that you can place your finger over it. However I do not recommend you chain vape in that mode of operation you will probably die from asphyxiation. :D :p (I'm kidding :))

My view is, (and I am only trying to be helpful) you have to try to stop chain vaping all the time.
Instead of going for flavours (that you may not like) try a 18mg tobacco flavour until you feel a little more settled and comfortable with what you are doing.:)
I think you are trying to do too much in one go, mods, tanks, coils, juice, to many variables in one go.

Slow down and enjoy the journey, of course you will make mistakes, we all do - so what, who cares.:)

Now that you don't smoke you will probably live longer - start enjoying your life :)
:)
Dave

It will work for you - one little hole that you can place your finger over it. However I do not recommend you chain vape in that mode of operation you will probably die from asphyxiation. :D :p (I'm kidding :))

My view is, (and I am only trying to be helpful) you have to try to stop chain vaping all the time.
Instead of going for flavours (that you may not like) try a 18mg tobacco flavour until you feel a little more settled and comfortable with what you are doing.:)
I think you are trying to do too much in one go, mods, tanks, coils, juice, to many variables in one go.

Slow down and enjoy the journey, of course you will make mistakes, we all do - so what, who cares.:)

Now that you don't smoke you will probably live longer - start enjoying your life :)
Dave
Thanks for a very upbeat post :) @DaveH :)

In an earlier post on this thread, I stated:

BTW, I have been smoking since 1977 and got a scare when my doctor told me that my lungs were not looking too great. So stopped the cigs (40 a day) on 15th March 2016 and got the twisp. It helped a helluva lot with the withdrawal symptoms and I haven't touched a cig since.
So I am still very much in the habit of having the feeling of a cig between my fingers and enjoying the drag of the cig. So with the result I tend to chain vape. Yeah, yeah, I know I need to get out of that habit, but 39 years is a looooong time and the habit is VERY well established. There were times when I was up to 60 Rothman cigs a day !!!
I am using a Twisp Clearo with twisp juices - they are all 18mg (except their zero range of juices). Tried out the tobacco flavour initially and absolutely hated it (same with menthol). Then someone suggested I add some mint to it, so bought the bottle and tried that out too. All I can say is that I now have 2 bottles that are completely unused that I need to give away to someone (for free).
As you can deduce from the length of time I have been smoking, I am no spring chicken - lol. Unfortunately with age also goes a very tight budget (for me), so I don't want to make expensive mistakes. But I suppose that it is still cheaper than the amount of money I was spending on cigs.
So I'll follow your advice and ":)Slow down and enjoy the journey ... and start enjoying my life:)"
Cheers

Thanks for a very upbeat post :) @DaveH :)

In an earlier post on this thread, I stated:

So I am still very much in the habit of having the feeling of a cig between my fingers and enjoying the drag of the cig. So with the result I tend to chain vape. Yeah, yeah, I know I need to get out of that habit, but 39 years is a looooong time and the habit is VERY well established. There were times when I was up to 60 Rothman cigs a day !!!
I am using a Twisp Clearo with twisp juices - they are all 18mg (except their zero range of juices). Tried out the tobacco flavour initially and absolutely hated it (same with menthol). Then someone suggested I add some mint to it, so bought the bottle and tried that out too. All I can say is that I now have 2 bottles that are completely unused that I need to give away to someone (for free).
As you can deduce from the length of time I have been smoking, I am no spring chicken - lol. Unfortunately with age also goes a very tight budget (for me), so I don't want to make expensive mistakes. But I suppose that it is still cheaper than the amount of money I was spending on cigs.
So I'll follow your advice and ":)Slow down and enjoy the journey ... and start enjoying my life:)"
Cheers
Hi. Stop right there. I know exactly what you are experiencing. Contact @Mike, get some Ashy Bac, and Sweet Bac and you will be sorted. That twisp juices is terrible in my opinion. You can keep your gear. First change your e liquid.

I'm trying to get my brother and mom off the twisp liquid since its so overpriced (R180 for 20ml) but they just don't want to try anything else, they all complain everything is too sweet.

Hi. Stop right there. I know exactly what you are experiencing. Contact @Mike, get some Ashy Bac, and Sweet Bac and you will be sorted. That twisp juices is terrible in my opinion. You can keep your gear. First change your e liquid.
But I don't like the tobacco flavoured stuff I've tried so far ????
I tried out all the tobacco juices at twisp as well as another make (can't remember the name) and its all the same - can't stand the tobacco flavour - pretty strange since I've been smoking a tobacco cig for 39 years.
I absolutely love the sweet flavoured juices (18mg) that I buy from twisp at the moment - my favourite is their grape, followed by the litchi&pear and then the rebel (red bull taste). So at the moment my palate is searching for more of the sweeter juices - I want a sweet flavour nuclear explosion in my mouth.:)

I smoked for a short 5 years, I never liked menthol smokes at all, but as soon as I tried Vapour Mountains XXX I was hooked, maby give that a try, its berries and lichi mixed with a tiny hint of menthol, its just amazing.

@DaveH - Not sure if you missed your comment in your post above or were just acknowledging my post ???

@ddk1979
I know what you are going through I smoked for 50 years. (I'm no spring chicken either ;))
You have made a life changing choice to quit the cigs and just look how far you have come, 6 weeks and not one cig - that is one great achievement, you have my admiration (no spring chicken) Sir. :)

Dave

I smoked for a short 5 years, I never liked menthol smokes at all, but as soon as I tried Vapour Mountains XXX I was hooked, maby give that a try, its berries and lichi mixed with a tiny hint of menthol, its just amazing.
@Migs - In an earlier post I mentioned that as a 40 a day smoker, I would rather go without a cig than to smoke a menthol one. I went to VM (they are in Brackenfell) and tried out the XXX but unfortunately got that menthol taste and did not like it. They are making up a batch for me without the menthol. Can't wait to try it out.

@ddk1979
I know what you are going through I smoked for 50 years. (I'm no spring chicken either ;))
You have made a life changing choice to quit the cigs and just look how far you have come, 6 weeks and not one cig - that is one great achievement, you have my admiration (no spring chicken) Sir. :)

Dave
@DaveH - thanks a million for the encouragement.
Because of the well established habit of smoking 40 (and for a while 60) cigs a day, I chain vape at the moment. The twisp clearo that I am using is generally not well thought of, but it has helped me so I am extremely grateful. I don't know if I would have made it so far without it. Like all smokers, I have given up smoking many, many times in the past, but whenever I have a brandy and coke, I'm right back where I started.

Make no mistake, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, (you getting what I'm saying) REALLY, REALLY enjoy smoking. If it wasn't for the negative effects of smoking, I'd still be puffing away. But the consequences of smoking so many cigs a day and for such a long time have caught up with me. So I'm giving it my best shot this time. So far, so good - I'll probably have to give up drinking as well ;).

@Rossouw, @Silver, @Lingogrey, @Clouder , @theyettie , @SAVaper, @Clouds4Days, @Greyz, @Stosta, @Ernest, @BumbleBee, @Andre, @Vape0206, @Ruan, @Kalashnikov , @DaveH, @Petrus , @Migs

Hi folks.
Just want to update you on my current situation and ask another question - hope you don't mind.
My twisp battery died so I was forced to buy another battery - as an INEXPERIENCED and TOTALLY NOVICE vaper, I have absolutely no spares of anything. So it was the middle of the night and I was in a bad way - still have a cig craving.

So early the next morning I bought a Vision Spinner 2 VV 1600mAh (but with more power than the one recommended by @Lingogrey)
I would personally suggest a battery with a slightly higher mah rating (for longer use between charges), such as the following that is currently on special from eCiggies (would cost you roughly the same as above with shipping included):
http://eciggies.co.za/Specials/Visi...e-Voltage-Battery-850mAh-Silver-Black-Pattern

Also bought e-juice and 10 coils (5 each for EVOD and Twisp) from Vapour Mountain - I'm letting the juices steep for a while since they were freshly made.

So I've been looking for a nice tank, remembering that I want something with a tight draw that is easy to maintain. I have seen an ICIGA BDC Mini CERAMIC Clearomizer for R350 at http://www.digicig.co.za/shop/iciga-mini-bdc-pro-ceramic-clearomizer/. The following site gives more info about it - http://www.vapehit.co.uk/products.php?464

The coils are a bit expensive (R65 each), but it would appear as if they may last longer than other store-bought coils. So I was hoping that you folks would be able to give me some advice about the clearomizer and also about the coils - quality, ceramic and whether it is worthwhile.
Thanks

@Rossouw, @Silver, @Lingogrey, @Clouder , @theyettie , @SAVaper, @Clouds4Days, @Greyz, @Stosta, @Ernest, @BumbleBee, @Andre, @Vape0206, @Ruan, @Kalashnikov , @DaveH, @Petrus , @Migs

Hi folks.
Just want to update you on my current situation and ask another question - hope you don't mind.
My twisp battery died so I was forced to buy another battery - as an INEXPERIENCED and TOTALLY NOVICE vaper, I have absolutely no spares of anything. So it was the middle of the night and I was in a bad way - still have a cig craving.

So early the next morning I bought a Vision Spinner 2 VV 1600mAh (but with more power than the one recommended by @Lingogrey)

Also bought e-juice and 10 coils (5 each for EVOD and Twisp) from Vapour Mountain - I'm letting the juices steep for a while since they were freshly made.

So I've been looking for a nice tank, remembering that I want something with a tight draw that is easy to maintain. I have seen an ICIGA BDC Mini CERAMIC Clearomizer for R350 at http://www.digicig.co.za/shop/iciga-mini-bdc-pro-ceramic-clearomizer/. The following site gives more info about it - http://www.vapehit.co.uk/products.php?464

The coils are a bit expensive (R65 each), but it would appear as if they may last longer than other store-bought coils. So I was hoping that you folks would be able to give me some advice about the clearomizer and also about the coils - quality, ceramic and whether it is worthwhile.
Thanks

Hi @ddk1979 , sorry to hear about that
Afraid i have no experience with the digicig iciga bdc mini clearomiser and i have not heard anything about that device here on the forum. Certainly cannot be too popular.

Not sure what else to suggest, perhaps go for the tried and tested Nautilus Mini with the 1.8 ohm coils. Good flavour. I just hope the Spinner battery is capable of firing it at aboit 10 Watts. Perhaps chat to Vapour Mountain about that, maybe they can advise you better.

I would second what @Silver has said go with what's tried and tested. You don't want to throw money at something that might not work. Especially is your budget is constrained.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes @Silver hit it right on, the mini was one of the best mouth to lung tanks out there, me personally do not have much experience in the tight draw department as I am all #cloudsbroclouds but I know for a fact the mini is a boss.

@Silver , @Greyz , @Migs
Thanks, I'll ask about whether the Nauti Mini will work on the Spinner II 1600 mAh. I just hope that it can work, otherwise it means buying the Nauti Mini kit plus a new battery.
Back to my other question - Are ceramic coils better than other store-bought coils ???
Btw, I'm finding out that e-juice flavours are REALLY a subjective issue and that everyone's tastes can vary a hell of a lot. I am sitting with a few juices
- Twisp : Peach, Rebel, Litchi & Pear and Grape (the last two are my favourites so far - I think I have a sweet tooth :--P)
- VM : Berry Blaze, XXX (without menthol), Banana Cream.
I tried the XXX (with menthol) at VM and did not like it at all, that's why I had him make up a batch for me without the menthol.

The VM juices are still steeping for the moment and I'll try them out next week (I did some research on this "steeping thing"):-D

Last edited:
Off the topic.
I don't know whether I am allowed to post this here but it was so funny, I had to share.

Male "down there" hair removal using Veet

By John W. Osborne Jr.on 30 July 2012

After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly rastafarian I decided to take the plunge and buy some Veet as previous shaving attempts had only been mildly successful and I nearly put my back out trying to reach the more difficult bits.

Being a bit of a romantic I thought I would do the deed on the missus's birthday as a bit of a treat.I ordered it well in advance and working in the North sea I considered myself a bit above some of the characters writing the previous reviews and wrote them off as soft office types...oh my fellow sufferers how wrong I was.

I waited until the other half was tucked up in bed and after giving some vague hints about a special surprise I went down to the bathroom. Initially all went well and I applied the Veet hair remover and stood waiting for something to happen. I didn't have long to wait.

At first there was a gentle warmth which in a matter of seconds was replaced by an intense burning and a feeling I can only describe as like being given a barbed wire wedgie by two people intent on hitting the ceiling with my head.

Religion hadn't featured much in my life until that night but I suddenly became willing to convert to any religion to stop the violent burning around the turd tunnel and what seemed like the destruction of the meat and two veg.

Struggling to not bite through my bottom lip I tried to wash the gel of in the sink and only succeeded in blocking the plughole with a mat of hair.Through the haze of tears I struggled out of the bathroom across the hall into the kitchen by this time walking was not really possible and I crawled the final yard to the fridge in the hope of some form of cold relief.

I yanked the freezer drawer out and found a tub of ice cream, tore the lid of and positioned it under me. The relief was fantastic but only temporary as it melted fairly quickly and the fiery stabbing soon returned.

Due to the shape of the ice cream tub I hadn't managed to give the starfish any treatment and I groped around in the draw for something else as I was sure my vision was going to fail fairly soon. I grabbed a bag of what I later found out was frozen sprouts and tore it open trying to be quiet as I did so. I took a handful of them and tried in vain to clench some between the cheeks of my arse.

This was not doing the trick as some of the gel had found it's way up the chutney channel and it felt like the space shuttle was running it's engines behind me.This was probably and hopefully the only time in my life I was going to wish there was a gay snowman in the kitchen which should give you some idea of the depths I was willing to sink to in order to ease the pain.

The only solution my pain crazed mind could come up with was to gently ease one of the sprouts where no veg had gone before.

Unfortunately, alerted by the strange grunts coming from the kitchen the other half chose that moment to come and investigate and was greeted by the sight of me, arse in the air, strawberry ice cream dripping from my bell end pushing a sprout up my arse while muttering..." Ooooh that feels good "

Understandingly this was a shock to her and she let out a scream and as I hadn't heard her come in it caused an involuntary spasm of shock in myself which resulted in the sprout being ejected at quite some speed in her direction.

I can understand that having a sprout farted against your leg at 11 at night in the kitchen probably wasn't the special surprise she was expecting and having to explain to the kids the next day what the strange hollow in the ice cream was didn't improve my status...

So to sum it up Veet removes hair, dignity and self respect.......:-D:rofl::campeon:

I do know ceramic coils last a lot longer than normal coils due to the fact that it has less cotton in it, most have cotton arround the ceramic and come is just pure ceramic, ceramic also have a crispier taste, this is subjective aswell as some notes in flavours might be a little too potent.

As for the juices, remember that the twisp juices are steeped and normally 50/50 VG/PG with alot of high % flavour which is meant for low wattage mouth to lung or smaller devices, pop a twisp juice on a rda and it almost taste as if I'm vaping the pure concentrate :p .

I myself find out that sometimes the things I do not eat, I enjoy to vape, I really love eating pears but hate a pear flavour ejuice, again subjective and on the topic on the VM juices, they are made fresh and needs steeping but I normally use my XXX when I get it, its basically a shake and vape kinda juice but that Banana Cream man, oh man, give it 4 weeks before you vape it, shake it daily and put it in a dark closet, after 4 weeks it will be oh so good creamy bananas, delicious.

I know these days it tends to be hard getting mouth to lung tanks and devices unless you stick to the pen style vapes, companies bring out way to much gear for people that like clouds, I think they forgot about the people converting from the stinks, I personally think the Joytech AIO is a fantastic vape, not as tight as the twisp clearo but tight enough, and you can have some restrictive lung hits with the airflow wide open so that is a option as well and they come so cheap man, R350 a pop, even if you don't like it, it did not break the bank. You need to get the 1.5ohm clapton coils for mouth to lung though and the rest you can use for restrictive lung hits.

Regards and hope you find your perfect device.

I do know ceramic coils last a lot longer than normal coils due to the fact that it has less cotton in it, most have cotton arround the ceramic and come is just pure ceramic, ceramic also have a crispier taste, this is subjective aswell as some notes in flavours might be a little too potent.

As for the juices, remember that the twisp juices are steeped and normally 50/50 VG/PG with alot of high % flavour which is meant for low wattage mouth to lung or smaller devices, pop a twisp juice on a rda and it almost taste as if I'm vaping the pure concentrate :p .

I myself find out that sometimes the things I do not eat, I enjoy to vape, I really love eating pears but hate a pear flavour ejuice, again subjective and on the topic on the VM juices, they are made fresh and needs steeping but I normally use my XXX when I get it, its basically a shake and vape kinda juice but that Banana Cream man, oh man, give it 4 weeks before you vape it, shake it daily and put it in a dark closet, after 4 weeks it will be oh so good creamy bananas, delicious.

I know these days it tends to be hard getting mouth to lung tanks and devices unless you stick to the pen style vapes, companies bring out way to much gear for people that like clouds, I think they forgot about the people converting from the stinks, I personally think the Joytech AIO is a fantastic vape, not as tight as the twisp clearo but tight enough, and you can have some restrictive lung hits with the airflow wide open so that is a option as well and they come so cheap man, R350 a pop, even if you don't like it, it did not break the bank. You need to get the 1.5ohm clapton coils for mouth to lung though and the rest you can use for restrictive lung hits.

Regards and hope you find your perfect device.
I tried the AIO with a 1 ohm coil (it comes standard with 0.6 ohm) but it was WAY to airy even on its lowest airflow setting. I am using EVOD1 at the moment (as recommended on this thread) while I look around for something else. The EVOD has 3 holes and I closed one of them (with superglue) and I find the draw reasonably tight enough for my preference. It is very difficult to do that to the AIO, since it does not have holes - there is a small ring-type gap around the whole device.

Last edited:
@Silver , @Greyz , @Migs
Thanks, I'll ask about whether the Nauti Mini will work on the Spinner II 1600 mAh. I just hope that it can work, otherwise it means buying the Nauti Mini kit whole kit - although I have not yet seen it on the web - I'll keep looking.
Back to my other question - Are ceramic coils better than other store-bought coils ???

The Nautilus Mini will work. :campeon:

Ceramic coils are still quite new and sometimes they are better and sometimes they are not better. The ceramic coils will be better for longevity and flavour but the manufacturers will need to get them 100% first. It might be worth waiting and let 'someone else' try them first.

That's my two cents plus the other two cents that's 4 cents :D ;)
Dave

I tried the AIO with a 1 ohm coil (it comes standard with 0.6 ohm) but it was WAY to airy even on its lowest airflow setting. I am using EVOD1 at the moment (as recommended on this thread) while I look around for something else. The EVOD has 3 holes and I closed one of them (with superglue) and I find the draw reasonably tight enough for my preference. It is very difficult to do that to the AIO, since it does not have holes - there is a small gap around the whole device.

I can understand that. I am also a MTL vaper and I do understand.
As time goes by (now there's a good song title :D) you will be able to MTL the AIO even with the 0.6 ohm coil but it will take time. I can MTL the 0.6 ohms now but 5 months ago I wouldn't have liked it.
You will find after some months you will enjoy a more airy vape by experimenting with the different hole sizes.
Dave

The Nautilus Mini will work. :campeon:

Ceramic coils are still quite new and sometimes they are better and sometimes they are not better. The ceramic coils will be better for longevity and flavour but the manufacturers will need to get them 100% first. It might be worth waiting and let 'someone else' try them first.

That's my two cents plus the other two cents that's 4 cents :D ;)
Dave
Thanks for the info. Glad that the nautilus Mini will work on the Spinner II. Will look into this.

Last edited:
I can understand that. I am also a MTL vaper and I do understand.
As time goes by (now there's a good song title :D) you will be able to MTL the AIO even with the 0.6 ohm coil but it will take time. I can MTL the 0.6 ohms now but 5 months ago I wouldn't have liked it.
You will find after some months you will enjoy a more airy vape by experimenting with the different hole sizes.
Dave
That's why I would like to buy something with airflow control, but there is basically nothing out there that is easy to maintain (no rebuilding) where I can COMPETELY turn off the airflow or open it to varying degrees.

@ddk1979 The Nautilus Mini has four different sized holes around the base at 90 degs to each other. Only one hole is open the other three will be closed off, and you can select the hole of your choice there is no need to use any super glue.
Dave

Last edited:
That's why I would like to buy something with airflow control, but there is basically nothing out there that is easy to maintain (no rebuilding) where I can COMPETELY turn off the airflow or open it to varying degrees.
@ddk1979 - I only suggested the smaller Vision Spinners because I was under the impression that you like quite small pen style devices (and something like the 1600 mah Spinner with a tank is quite a lot taller than something like the newer tech 1500 mah eGo AIO) and because of the fact that batteries with around 850 mah capacity can last a while on higher ohm atomizers such as the Evod (on sub-ohm coils something under around 1100 mahs would really be depleted in no time), so I actually think it's great that you got the Vision Spinner II, that was very popular and highly rated until quite recently. I have tried racking my brains, but since I am REALLY not an expert by any means on tight MTL vaping like some of the other guys on here, I could really not think of anything tighter than the Nautilus Mini on the smallest airflow setting or the Evod. However, I have been wondering about the Kanger Genitank Mini, which really does seem to have very tight (variable) airflow to me IN THEORY / ON PAPER (I have not tried it, and remember - to me even the AIO is tight). It is stocked at VM, so chances are that you might have tried it and it didn't work? - so just a thought...

However - related to @DaveH 's "as time goes by" comment. As vaping is already quite a different sensation to smoking - you might not be able to find something that exactly emulates the airflow of the Rothmanns that you used to smoke (and if you do - however unlikely - the chances that that device will provide you with full flavor is even more unlikely). You might find though that after a short period of adjustment you become comfortable / much start preferring the airflow / draw on that and that the other benefits of the device far outweigh the initial short adjustment period. Once again, just a thought.

Back