E-liquid Reviews - SPYRO

Hi @Spyro, like what you are doing and how you are doing it.

There is one thing, an idea, that is hanging around in my mind. Some brands such as the well known Twisp and Vap3 supply both hardware and juices (Almost said software...). Is it possible that these juices are "tuned" to their devices and may not perform as intended in others?

I tried Twisp Tobacco1 on a friends Cue and really liked it. Bought a bottle and juiced up an OL16 with it. A totally different beast with claws and teeth emerged with little resemblance to what I experienced on the Cue. Flavor profile waaaaay to intense.

Maybe something worth keeping in mind when testing these juice types?

Regards

I do agree entirely but these juices are marketed as 70/30 3mg blend, advertised as DL juice and are being used in an RTA with subohm coils. So the juices in question should all work well. I have always bought 70/30 and used this in my RTAs. Only recently have I ventured into 60/40 which admittedly does work better, yet I still have no issue with and actually enjoy some of their other juices. So yes I agree with you but this doesn't apply to the juices made by VAP3 as I enjoy some and dislike others - all vaped the same way, in the same settup. Which is why I suggested to try the other flavours instead. But, taste is subjective and that's why I've stuck with the same settup for each test. As of now I have decided to provide my experience and I won't be giving a rating as taste as well as everything else, is subjective :)

Oh yeah, and I won't be vaping MTL dedicated juices in my nano ;-)

Ps- thanks for kind wishes everyone. :)

@Spyro My mother wasn't a chef - but I still miss her roast chicken and potatoes. She never believed me when I said that no-one makes a roast chicken like she did. I think it was a secret ingredient which she used, called Love.

@Spyro My mother wasn't a chef - but I still miss her roast chicken and potatoes. She never believed me when I said that no-one makes a roast chicken like she did. I think it was a secret ingredient which she used, called Love.

She lied, it's not Love, it's Lard :giggle:

Just kidding ;-)

One can only hope she gifted you with the recipe!

@Spyro I'd love to know what you would think of @BumbleBee - Machete. Bumblebee is The Vape Guy's house-brand. The Machete, a coffee e-juice, is SUPERB!!!! I ordered 2 bottles (1 of which is almost finished already and that after only 2 weeks - and I vape it only as my First-Vape-of-the-Day! I should have ordered 10 bottles.

@Spyro I'd love to know what you would think of @BumbleBee - Machete. Bumblebee is The Vape Guy's house-brand. The Machete, a coffee e-juice, is SUPERB!!!! I ordered 2 bottles (1 of which is almost finished already and that after only 2 weeks - and I vape it only as my First-Vape-of-the-Day! I should have ordered 10 bottles.

I will definitely give some a go! But for the mean time I've stocked up on KZORs juice. I'm a coffee addict, so I'm sure I'll love it. I'll be sure to check it out in due time.

Vape Africa -VAP3 - Vanilla Custard 3MG

View attachment 118080

Settup used:
OBS engine nano.
Coil master Fused Clapton at 0.41 Ohms
Cotton Bacon to wick
Hotcig R150 powered by two fully charged Sammy 30Q's
The wick was rewicked on the day of the review and only the juice in question has been pumped through the tank
This is based on the 3rd full tank to go through the OBS which I believe has allowed the cotton to break in nicely. The first tank was carefully purged through the tank in it's entirety, being careful to avoid any burning of cotton.
Wattage: 50W

Flavour: An extremely basic flavour profile with a soapy mouth feel. As described by the label: "Vanilla custard".
On the inhale I don't tast that much of anything without having to search for it. on the exhale I get a somewhat biscuity taste with a big kick of vanilla and an ever so slight cinnamon. I would probably relate this to a home-made custard. There is no doubt that this would be a very good custard with a fair bit of work. Steeping has helped none. On the exhale and for quite some time after, All I can taste is soap.

Does it give me vapers tongue?
Not really, I have gone through 50ml of my 60ml purchase in around one month, hardly ever refilling the tank with the same juice once finished. Although I don't experience what I would call vapers tongue, I do get an awful after taste.

Is it an all day vape? If you like soap.

Throat hit?
Little to none. I aprove of this throat hit. 0.5/5

Recommendation? - No, I'd reccommend this juice to anyone who enjoys soap.

Repurchase?
- Nope

Price? - Is it worth the price? At R110 per 60ml for locally produced flavours it's priced fairly well. Unfortunately I can't reccommend spending money on this juice. As far as I know the price has increased slightly since my purchase.

Extra notes: I had a couple friends try out this juice to give me their opinions. The general consensus was that the juice is pretty good but leaves you with a mouthful of soap... I bought this juice based on the idea that you can't go wrong with a vanilla custard. I was wrong. The man behind the desk suggested buying their Peach and apricot flavour and mixing the two. I very much enjoyed the Peach and apricot but mixing them was a waste of money as I couldn't get rid of the after taste.

Final Thoughts:
All in all I would rate this juice as a 2/5. I would suggest trying out strawberry doughnut, Black currant or Peach and Apricot instead.

Your honesty is appreciated:)

Hi @Spyro, like what you are doing and how you are doing it.

There is one thing, an idea, that is hanging around in my mind. Some brands such as the well known Twisp and Vap3 supply both hardware and juices (Almost said software...). Is it possible that these juices are "tuned" to their devices and may not perform as intended in others?

I tried Twisp Tobacco1 on a friends Cue and really liked it. Bought a bottle and juiced up an OL16 with it. A totally different beast with claws and teeth emerged with little resemblance to what I experienced on the Cue. Flavor profile waaaaay to intense.

Maybe something worth keeping in mind when testing these juice types?

Regards
The cue is a total different experience and I think the magic is the coil.I got 18mg rebel and blueberry and its no where close to the cue.
As for vap3 I thinks there juices are too chemical.even my wife hates the smell

Sent from my VF-696 using Tapatalk

Thanks for these Reviews @Spyro ! Very useful and I appreciate the Bluntness/honesty of these reviews!

Going to do a review on all of the juices I've got this weekend. Fill this thread up a bit.

Give us a hint which juices you may review @Spyro

I love hearing what others are tasting and how they find it

I've got some:
Rac City - White Whiskers, Done to Death
King cloud - Peach and Custard.
Boss vape - Coffee, Strawberry
KZOR - too many to mention
Gbom - Strawberry Pops
VAP3 Africa - Poppy Apple, litchi MTL
Jiss Vape - Candy Twist, Creamy cone
And some more that I can't remember on the fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Spyro

Looking forward

Am keen to hear about Rac white whiskers

JISSVAPE - CREAMY CONE

Setup used:

OBS engine nano.
Cotton Bacon to wick
The wick was rewicked prior to the review and only the juice in question has been pumped through the tank
This is based on the 2nd full tank to go through the OBS.

e392103c-cd74-438a-8f55-52e6aff83a95.jpg

This juice is not very sweet.

Flavour:
An interesting flavour profile with a cakey mouth-feel. As described by the label: "Creamy cone".
This is an interesting one, As far as I know, the juice was pulled from the market for a while, something about a problem with the strawberry flavour.
It's got a slight strawberry taste but it's not very prominent. on the inhale I don't get any strawberry, rather a slightly sweet cupcake taste. Upon exhale the flavour comes out rather well, you get the slight strawberry taste. I feel as if the strawberry is a synthetic type - the kind you'd get in sweets but by no means chemical at all. I also get a rather intense wafer cone, very much like those kiddies ice-cream cones that come stacked in cereal style boxes. This flavour definitely has a desserty profile - it's not a fruit lovers juice. I think the label is very accurate and if you like those kiddies ice cream cones you'll like this. I'm more of a sugar cone guy, but I do enjoy this flavour.
*The cakey flavour is intense
*The sweetness is low (win for me)
*I remember the original tasting a bit better but that was a year ago - so I might just be full of **** here.

Not really, I haven't vaped enough of it in succession to accurately judge this.

Is it an all day vape?
I'm through half of the bottle in around 2 weeks (25ml) But I haven't really found the flavours interesting enough to refill the tank with the same flavour. It's not an ADV for me but I do have friends that enjoy the flavour.

Throat hit?
Absolutely non-existent, no tickle, no throat hit. As smooth as a creamy cone.

Recommendation? -
I don't like this Juice enough to recommend it. It's not bad but it's just not exciting.

Repurchase?
-
I purchased this juice with the mentality that I enjoyed the original, in a year my tastes have changed drastically. I wouldn't buy it again.

Price?
- R180 per 50ml. It's overpriced.

Extra notes:
A friend of mine enjoys this juice but didn't repurchase it when he had the chance.

Final Thoughts:

I think this juice is going to appeal to a relatively small amount of people. It's not bad, it's not great. I'll vape it if I don't have other juice on me but I won't put it in the tank unless I have to.

JISSVAPE - CANDY TWIST

Setup used:

OBS engine nano.
Cotton Bacon to wick
The wick was rewicked prior to the review and only the juice in question has been pumped through the tank

40f3d567-2555-4022-925d-9293ef27af25.jpg

This juice is sweet but not one of those sickeningly sweet juices. 10/10 for sweetness (the perfect sweetness for me)

Flavour:
Wow, I don't know where to start and I don't know where to end. I have no cooking clue. I truly have no idea what flavours are in this thing. It's definitely some kind of candy flavour. All I can really say flavour wise here is that it has candy in it and that I believe the "Twist" part is banana.
It's a slight banana taste but nothing like a banana candy sweet. It tastes great on the inhale and great on the exhale and the flavours are more prominent on the exhale. I've heard people saying that it has a slight soapy taste but I personally don't agree.
*The candy flavour is intense
*The sweetness is medium high (win for me)
*It's very strange in a great way

No, I vape this continuously without issue.

Is it an all day vape?
I have finished this bottle on the 2-week mark. It's a great flavour that I could vape often but definitely not all day every day.

Throat hit?
Absolutely non-existent, no tickle, no throat hit. Super smooth.

Recommendation? -
I would absolutely recommend this juice depending on two factors: If you enjoy banana and if you enjoy candy flavours. It's not a banana candy sweet, but if someone told me there was no banana inside it I'd probably have a brain aneurysm.

Repurchase?
-
I would repurchase this juice. It's the third time I've bought it but I have no intention to repurchase in the near future. Perhaps in a couple of months when I've forgotten the taste.

Price?
- R180 per 50ml. It's fairly priced.

Extra notes:
A friend of mine enjoys this juice as much as I do. I share all my juices with friends.

Final Thoughts:

I like it a lot.
Drives me crazy that I can't pinpoint the flavours.

VAP3 AFRICA - POPPY APPLE

Setup used:

OBS engine nano.
Cotton Bacon to wick
This is based on the 1st full tank to go through the OBS.

9dcfa7e9-2cda-4d5e-b08e-160f3f8c5adf.jpg

This juice is a semi-sweet juice. I like the amount of sweetness in this juice.

Flavour:
A sweet and sour apple. It's not really a complex flavour but it's very good the way it is. It reminds me of a sour granny smith with a touch of apple sours. It's a very intense flavour with the apple being extremely distinct and prominent. I think it's safe to say that if you like apple sours or sour granny smith apples this will be for you. I haven't tried their apple sours flavour but I don't think I would bother. If you like granny smith then this is the juice for you. Inhale is sour and gives you an ever so slight mouth water (like when you eat a sour worm). On the exhale you get that rich and intense sweet apple flavour. I don't have much more to say here.

*The Apple flavour is intense
*The sweetness is medium high
*It tastes great in the Billet Box
*If you don't like apple sours shots you probably won't like this

After extended use, I get a dry mouth-feel.

Is it an all day vape?
It's a great flavour that I could vape often but definitely not all day every day. I enjoy this flavour in my BB and can happily puff all day.

Throat hit?
No throat hit, slight throat tingle which I enjoy.

Recommendation? -
Again, I would recommend this juice to any apple sours lover. It's not a sweet Pink lady flavour but rather a sour granny smith.

Repurchase?
-
In all honesty, I still prefer their blackcurrant, strawberry doughnut and peach and apricot far more than the apple.

Price?
- R110/120 per 60ml. It's well priced.

Extra notes:
No extra notes

Final Thoughts:

I like it, especially in my Billet Box.
It's a pretty good flavour.

RAC CITY - WHITE WHISKERS

Setup used:

OBS engine nano.
Cotton Bacon to wick

b2b00d1b-74bb-45a6-ba28-6a6e8a95a240.jpg

This juice is mildly sweet. I like the amount of sweetness in this juice but would prefer a little extra sweetness.

Flavour:
This flavour doesn't have all that much going on. It's got an absolutely fantastic vanilla taste which I really wish was stronger. The Vanilla is evident on both the inhale and exhale, with the exhale having a creamy "ice-cream" type flavour. But again, it's just a little too mild for my liking. The creamy feel and taste is very enjoyable. When I picked up this juice it didn't taste all that great. It left my mouth dry and had an odd throat hit feeling - the kind of taste you get when two flavours blend for the first time. I left this juice in the cupboard for two weeks and it tasted incredible thereafter. I'm very convinced that this juice just hit the shelves and needed a bit of steeping time. I don't have much more to say about this juice. I really enjoyed it after a little steep. I think the reason for this is due to some kind of cream or milk in the juice. Perhaps I'm wrong.

initially, it made my mouth dry, after a 2 weeks steep I had no issues with it at all.

Is it an all day vape?
Again, after a steep, I was able to vape this juice exclusively until the bottle was finished.

Throat hit?
an ever so slight throat hit that decreases with time and is perfectly acceptable for the vapers who prefer a smooth-no-throat-hit experience.

Recommendation? -
Absolutely, it's good but it's not intense. Perhaps I should have left it to steep longer. I didn't because I enjoyed it too much to wait.

Repurchase?
-
definitely.

Price?
- R100/120 per 60ml. It's very well priced. Great bang for buck. For such a cheap juice the flavour is on point.

Extra notes:
None

Final Thoughts:

Tasted best in a dual coil setup with higher temps.
Great Value
Let it steep as long as your willpower will allow. It gets way better with age.

KZOR - TRIPLET

Setup used:

OBS engine nano.
Cotton Bacon to wick
I have vaped this juice on all of my setups with every imaginable wick condition, with many wattages.

9cf2773a-4eab-4e99-b3f2-8a60582c8f72.jpg

This juice is very sweet. I like the amount of sweetness in this juice but will request that the sweetener is halved in future.

Flavour:
WOW! WOW! WOW! This juice is without a doubt (in my opinion) the best strawberry vape in the South African Market.
On the inhale you get a very intense Strawberry, it's sweet, juicy, ripe, full and well bodied. As the name suggests "Triplet" So I can only assume that it has 3 different strawberry flavours. Those Strawberries come together to make the most incredible blend. It reminds me of one of these ice creams (see below) BUT WAY BETTER. On the exhale there is a delicious blend of creams and Ice-creams. Rich vanilla ice cream taste with that lip-smacking strawberry trio. The mouthfeel is smooth and creamy, not cakey at all, which is a HUGE win. Most strawberries on the market are doughnut styled - boring and way too many on the market. I feel as though with a tiny little bit of tweaking it could be even better - perhaps a tad less sweetener and a tad more vanilla. But as it stands this is my favourite juice to date. Nothing seems to compare. If you've given up on strawberry flavours you absolutely have to try this one.

pxqrocxwsjcc_1i84RqmAss8S6m8gWQCUQG_strawberry-coconut-cream-popsicles_landscapeThumbnail_en-US.jpeg

After around 20ml's of continuous vaping it losses it's potency. A cup of coffee sorts this out and I'm back at it.

Is it an all day vape?
All day, every day. I will be requesting a minor change (As mentioned above) And will be vaping this juice almost exclusively in the near future.

Throat hit?
Absolutely none. Beautiful but extremely mild throat tickle.

Recommendation? -
Absolutely, it's my favourite juice of all time. If you like strawberry flavours... It's the best.

Repurchase?
-
definitely, I have purchased 400ml's since the beginning of Jan.

Price?
- I'm aware that @KZOR uses international flavours only, based on this, the price beats all juices on the market. It's a steal.
R100 - 30ml
R140 - 50ml
R230 - 100ml
R600 - 250ml

Extra notes:
BUY IT NOW.

Final Thoughts:

This juice has a permanent home in both my titan 30ml tank and one of my engine nano's.
Better flavour at higher watts 50+
I've tried a hell of a lot of KZORs juice and this one shines above all the rest.
I'd love to see this flavour developed further and see more variations of it.

VAP3 AFRICA - POPPY APPLE

Setup used:

OBS engine nano.
Cotton Bacon to wick
This is based on the 1st full tank to go through the OBS.

View attachment 122638

This juice is a semi-sweet juice. I like the amount of sweetness in this juice.

Flavour:
A sweet and sour apple. It's not really a complex flavour but it's very good the way it is. It reminds me of a sour granny smith with a touch of apple sours. It's a very intense flavour with the apple being extremely distinct and prominent. I think it's safe to say that if you like apple sours or sour granny smith apples this will be for you. I haven't tried their apple sours flavour but I don't think I would bother. If you like granny smith then this is the juice for you. Inhale is sour and gives you an ever so slight mouth water (like when you eat a sour worm). On the exhale you get that rich and intense sweet apple flavour. I don't have much more to say here.

*The Apple flavour is intense
*The sweetness is medium high
*It tastes great in the Billet Box
*If you don't like apple sours shots you probably won't like this

After extended use, I get a dry mouth-feel.

Is it an all day vape?
It's a great flavour that I could vape often but definitely not all day every day. I enjoy this flavour in my BB and can happily puff all day.

Throat hit?
No throat hit, slight throat tingle which I enjoy.

Recommendation? -
Again, I would recommend this juice to any apple sours lover. It's not a sweet Pink lady flavour but rather a sour granny smith.

Repurchase?
-
In all honesty, I still prefer their blackcurrant, strawberry doughnut and peach and apricot far more than the apple.

Price?
- R110/120 per 60ml. It's well priced.

Extra notes:
No extra notes

Final Thoughts:

I like it, especially in my Billet Box.
It's a pretty good flavour.

@Spyro have you tried Vape Wild, Green Apple Envy and if so, how does it compare in your opinion?

KZOR - TRIPLET

Setup used:

OBS engine nano.
Cotton Bacon to wick
I have vaped this juice on all of my setups with every imaginable wick condition, with many wattages.

View attachment 122646

This juice is very sweet. I like the amount of sweetness in this juice but will request that the sweetener is halved in future.

Flavour:
WOW! WOW! WOW! This juice is without a doubt (in my opinion) the best strawberry vape in the South African Market.
On the inhale you get a very intense Strawberry, it's sweet, juicy, ripe, full and well bodied. As the name suggests "Triplet" So I can only assume that it has 3 different strawberry flavours. Those Strawberries come together to make the most incredible blend. It reminds me of one of these ice creams (see below) BUT WAY BETTER. On the exhale there is a delicious blend of creams and Ice-creams. Rich vanilla ice cream taste with that lip-smacking strawberry trio. The mouthfeel is smooth and creamy, not cakey at all, which is a HUGE win. Most strawberries on the market are doughnut styled - boring and way too many on the market. I feel as though with a tiny little bit of tweaking it could be even better - perhaps a tad less sweetener and a tad more vanilla. But as it stands this is my favourite juice to date. Nothing seems to compare. If you've given up on strawberry flavours you absolutely have to try this one.

View attachment 122647

After around 20ml's of continuous vaping it losses it's potency. A cup of coffee sorts this out and I'm back at it.

Is it an all day vape?
All day, every day. I will be requesting a minor change (As mentioned above) And will be vaping this juice almost exclusively in the near future.

Throat hit?

Recommendation? -
Absolutely, it's my favourite juice of all time. If you like strawberry flavours... It's the best.

Repurchase?
-

Price?
- I'm aware that @KZOR uses international flavours only, based on this, the price beats all juices on the market. It's a steal.
R100 - 30ml
R140 - 50ml
R230 - 100ml
R600 - 250ml

Extra notes:
BUY IT NOW. Or make it yourself with his recipe available at:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/kzors-juice-recipes.t30395/page-17

Final Thoughts:

This juice has a permanent home in both my titan 30ml tank and one of my engine nano's.
I've tried a hell of a lot of KZORs juice and this one shines above all the rest.
I'm not sure halving 0.3% of super sweet will give you much benefit.

Is this th
KZOR - TRIPLET

Setup used:

OBS engine nano.
Cotton Bacon to wick

View attachment 122646

Flavour:

View attachment 122647

Is it an all day vape?

Throat hit?

Recommendation? -

Repurchase?
-

Price?
R100 - 30ml
R140 - 50ml
R230 - 100ml
R600 - 250ml

Extra notes:
BUY IT NOW. Or make it yourself with his recipe available at:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/kzors-juice-recipes.t30395/page-17

Final Thoughts:

Hi Spyro i dont see triplets in the link provided, is this the same as Triathlon ?

Back