Early morning Vape

Thanks so much @kimbo really means alot to me!
Oh yes! Think my body is happy I haven't had a stinky today, and think I will start feeling alot better after stopping stinkies completely!

@bwbwings are doing this together and both didn't have any stinkies this morning and are going to try not have one at all today.
We're definitely getting there after vaping for almost 7 months.

sounds like you are off to a good start today. ive been force vaping all morning in an attempt to get my lungs used to an early morning vape.
took a few toots when i woke up but that was pushing it. tried the coffee thing. seems to have eased it up a little. but its 2 hours later and im back to being a happy vaper now

sounds like you are off to a good start today. ive been force vaping all morning in an attempt to get my lungs used to an early morning vape.
took a few toots when i woke up but that was pushing it. tried the coffee thing. seems to have eased it up a little. but its 2 hours later and im back to being a happy vaper now
Thanks so much @Marzuq - Definitely, I'm so excited that all the advice worked on the first morning of trying.
Taking deep breaths first helps alot, still was a bit rough on the first few toots but also just pushed through and now I can vape early.
Will still take a bit of getting used to but I'm confident that after a while it will be easier.

That's awesome news for you that you are also trying and that its working! Well done to you too, that's great! :D

Thanks so much @Marzuq - Definitely, I'm so excited that all the advice worked on the first morning of trying.
Taking deep breaths first helps alot, still was a bit rough on the first few toots but also just pushed through and now I can vape early.
Will still take a bit of getting used to but I'm confident that after a while it will be easier.

That's awesome news for you that you are also trying and that its working! Well done to you too, that's great! :D

i think what one of the guys said was spot on. some of the chemicals in stinkies numbs your lungs to some degree and thats what makes it easier to have a stinkie. honestly the 2 times i still crave a stinkie and have fallen pray to one was when i wake up first thing and then after supper.
you have certainly crossed a hurdle this morning. 2 more mornings like that and you will have full control. best of luck

i think what one of the guys said was spot on. some of the chemicals in stinkies numbs your lungs to some degree and thats what makes it easier to have a stinkie. honestly the 2 times i still crave a stinkie and have fallen pray to one was when i wake up first thing and then after supper.
you have certainly crossed a hurdle this morning. 2 more mornings like that and you will have full control. best of luck

Absolutely, I think that is so true about the stinkies. Its not easy when you still crave a stinkie with certain things we did that we associate with having one, like with coffee, with a drink, after dinner. Someone told me a few years ago that he has stopped smoking for about 20 years and still craves a smoke when he has his coffee in the morning. I don't think there's anything wrong with falling prey to these situations, we're only human, but we get back up on the proverbial horse and try again.

I'm hoping so, that after 2 more days that it will be easier and not crave a stinkie. I think by not going outside this morning helped, so we did things differently so it made us not feel like having a smoke. Still had coffee but sat inside so it changes the habit slightly which helped alot.
Still craving a stinkie but just pick up my vape and remind myself how bad stinkies taste.

Thanks so much :D

Absolutely, I think that is so true about the stinkies. Its not easy when you still crave a stinkie with certain things we did that we associate with having one, like with coffee, with a drink, after dinner. Someone told me a few years ago that he has stopped smoking for about 20 years and still craves a smoke when he has his coffee in the morning. I don't think there's anything wrong with falling prey to these situations, we're only human, but we get back up on the proverbial horse and try again.

I'm hoping so, that after 2 more days that it will be easier and not crave a stinkie. I think by not going outside this morning helped, so we did things differently so it made us not feel like having a smoke. Still had coffee but sat inside so it changes the habit slightly which helped alot.
Still craving a stinkie but just pick up my vape and remind myself how bad stinkies taste.

Thanks so much :D

yeah start a new routine. the old routine included a stinkie. so dnt mimic that routine and substitute it with your vape. change the routine completely.
in my experience tho. the second part of what you said.it becomes alot easier when you find you ADV. once i found that flavour that really is a match for me, everything became easier. Vapour Mountain - VM4. the one juice i didnt want to try as it was a tobacco blend (you cant really taste the tobacco in this juice) but this just pushed me over. and in combination with me reo. perfect match. ive had a whole range of gear. and the only one that works well for me with the reo. everything else is ok for a the occasional vape here n there.

find the combination that works for you. and start new routines. new habits. not to replace the old habits but to render them useless and obsolete instead

Just a thought @debslouw

Even if you fell prey to your smoking craving three times a week and had three cigarettes, that would mean 3 cigs instead of 175 in a week (at 25 a day). In a week, thats less than 2% of what you were smoking

If I said to you a year ago you could quite easily go from 25 a day to 3 a week, you probably would have thought I was mad.

Obviously I know you want to stop entirely and i am not saying you shouldn't try. It is great to know you have given up cigs completely. But even if it takes more time, don't be too stressed about it.

yeah start a new routine. the old routine included a stinkie. so dnt mimic that routine and substitute it with your vape. change the routine completely.
in my experience tho. the second part of what you said.it becomes alot easier when you find you ADV. once i found that flavour that really is a match for me, everything became easier. Vapour Mountain - VM4. the one juice i didnt want to try as it was a tobacco blend (you cant really taste the tobacco in this juice) but this just pushed me over. and in combination with me reo. perfect match. ive had a whole range of gear. and the only one that works well for me with the reo. everything else is ok for a the occasional vape here n there.

find the combination that works for you. and start new routines. new habits. not to replace the old habits but to render them useless and obsolete instead
It definitely has helped breaking routine, we stopped going for a stinkie after dinner for example, and I stopped going for one after lunch too.
The temptation is there but we have stopped ourselves from doing that. For the past 2-3 weeks I have had 2-3 stinkies a day and all of them early in the morning and then nothing till the next morning. Once I had one at about 3pm after vaping all day and could only get through half and couldn't handle the taste anymore, so everytime I crave one I remind myself they're yucky :D

In the beginning of vaping we could only go about 45 min to an hour without a smoke, then became 1 1/2 then 2hrs etc. then it became almost 24 hrs, having one at 5:30 am, 2nd one at about 6am then nothing till 5:30am the next morning, to none today so far :)

I have found my ADV, took some time but eventually found one that I love so much that it makes me not want a stinky - for me its the 18mg Devil in Disguise from Craft Vapour, absolutely love it! This juice pushed me over to going for long periods without going out for a stinkie.

The tobacco blends are not my fav's and the fruity ones get too sweet after a while. That's why this one is perfect for me. Tomorrow morning I'm going to try the Nilla custard from Sky blue - also very yummy vape :)

So true what you say about having the right gear, after I got my IPV2 and nautilus mini I cut down drastically on stinkies. I was still stuck on 10 or so a day down to 2. I love my IPV and its a permanent fixture in my hand...lol!

Just a thought @debslouw

Even if you fell prey to your smoking craving three times a week and had three cigarettes, that would mean 3 cigs instead of 175 in a week (at 25 a day). In a week, thats less than 2% of what you were smoking

If I said to you a year ago you could quite easily go from 25 a day to 3 a week, you probably would have thought I was mad.

Obviously I know you want to stop entirely and i am not saying you shouldn't try. It is great to know you have given up cigs completely. But even if it takes more time, don't be too stressed about it.
Thanks so much @Silver
That is so true, its MUCH less than what we used to smoke, its a significant change. There might still be days we might fall prey but then we start over again and keep trying till we don't have at all and stop for good!

I probably wouldn't have believed you, we have tried so many different things over the years and nothing has helped.
We did the Allen Carr thing and stopped for 4 days and started again, we tried cold turkey and that didn't last long, we tried nicorettes and that didn't help, we tried only having 10 a day but that only lasted during work hours and smoked a lot when we got home. I've read so many articles that say vaping doesn't stop smoking but they are soooo wrong - this is the ONLY thing that has helped and is still working. And we don't feel edgy and irritable and not eating everything in sight like you do when going cold turkey.

Definitely want to stop completely and are definitely doing much better than a couple of months ago.

Thanks so much for all your help :D

It definitely has helped breaking routine, we stopped going for a stinkie after dinner for example, and I stopped going for one after lunch too.
The temptation is there but we have stopped ourselves from doing that. For the past 2-3 weeks I have had 2-3 stinkies a day and all of them early in the morning and then nothing till the next morning. Once I had one at about 3pm after vaping all day and could only get through half and couldn't handle the taste anymore, so everytime I crave one I remind myself they're yucky :D

In the beginning of vaping we could only go about 45 min to an hour without a smoke, then became 1 1/2 then 2hrs etc. then it became almost 24 hrs, having one at 5:30 am, 2nd one at about 6am then nothing till 5:30am the next morning, to none today so far :)

I have found my ADV, took some time but eventually found one that I love so much that it makes me not want a stinky - for me its the 18mg Devil in Disguise from Craft Vapour, absolutely love it! This juice pushed me over to going for long periods without going out for a stinkie.

The tobacco blends are not my fav's and the fruity ones get too sweet after a while. That's why this one is perfect for me. Tomorrow morning I'm going to try the Nilla custard from Sky blue - also very yummy vape :)

So true what you say about having the right gear, after I got my IPV2 and nautilus mini I cut down drastically on stinkies. I was still stuck on 10 or so a day down to 2. I love my IPV and its a permanent fixture in my hand...lol!

thats awesome. your just a stones throw away from 0 stinkies a day. i prefer the dessert style flavors too. custards are nice options.
we are holding thumbs for you.

thats awesome. your just a stones throw away from 0 stinkies a day. i prefer the dessert style flavors too. custards are nice options.
we are holding thumbs for you.
@Marzuq Absolutely, so close I can smell it...lol :D
Yeah I also prefer the dessert flavours, they're not so sweet and are awesome ADV. :D

@Marzuq Absolutely, so close I can smell it...lol :D
Yeah I also prefer the dessert flavours, they're not so sweet and are awesome ADV. :D

im pretty sure we will see a thread from you in 'milestones reached' thread saying stinkies kicked!

im pretty sure we will see a thread from you in 'milestones reached' thread saying stinkies kicked!
Definitely @Marzuq - think that's going to be very soon at this rate :D
Sorting out the early morning problem has helped so much!

Awesome stuff @debslouw ! So glad your morning vape is better!
I must say that being 2 wanting to quit completely can make it easier, but also very difficult. :)
@debslouw and @bwbwings you can do it!!!
Thanks so much @TylerD I am SO glad too - was a problem for so long and glad I've got it sorted!
It absolutely helps being 2 trying to quit, we help motivate each other, and keep reminding each other of our end goal, to kick the bad stinkies habit for good!! :D The next test will be being around people that smoke but I'm sure at this rate it will get easier to not crave.

Thanks so much @TylerD I am SO glad too - was a problem for so long and glad I've got it sorted!
It absolutely helps being 2 trying to quit, we help motivate each other, and keep reminding each other of our end goal, to kick the bad stinkies habit for good!! :D The next test will be being around people that smoke but I'm sure at this rate it will get easier to not crave.
If you go to people that smoke, just up that nicotine and vape like monster! :-D

Well done @debslouw :clap:

Keep at it, giving up 100% is like a little hill in front of you...once you make it over the top it really is all downhill from there.

Just take it easy and don't be too hard on yourself, you will get there - especially now that you have created this thread to help motivate you :)

Well done @debslouw :clap:

Keep at it, giving up 100% is like a little hill in front of you...once you make it over the top it really is all downhill from there.

Just take it easy and don't be too hard on yourself, you will get there - especially now that you have created this thread to help motivate you :)
Thank you so much @free3dom - I haven't had a stinkie since yesterday morning @ 6:30 am :D
Definitely - this thread has helped in leaps and bounds, the support has been phenomenal and I appreciate it so much :)

We made the day, our first day stinkie free :D:D:D woohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!:party::party::party::party: Now we know we can do it and it should be easier going forwards :p

Thank you to everyone for the help and advice getting us to this point (Tips on devices, tips on juices, tips on vaping), we would not be at this point without the awesome advice and awesome people on this forum.

Everyone here ROCKS!!!!! :rock:

Congrats guys, that is marvellous!

just an update : a cinnamon style juice is a definite NO for a early morn vape lol. cough cough!!! an hour later and its all good :D

Back