ECIGSSA Comp 1 - Vaping is Life Changing - (Juicy Joes & Vape King)

My future friend:

You are an inspiration. I have read and told your story many a time. I wish for you to win this prize. You managed to unite a community via your needs. This is incredibly rare and special. You must be a fantastic person to know.

All my respect and admiration. Your SPIRIT is absolutely contagious.
Thank you @Lord Vetinari
See you at VapeCon :)

How vaping changed my life:

Having read through this thread I wish I too had an interesting story to go along with why I quit but I don't. My reason was simply that I wanted to live.
Since the birth of my 2nd child, my baby girl Kayley, I decided I needed to quit smoking. Having a 2nd child reminded me how much my kids need me and will continue to need me throughout their life. The best gift I could give them was me and my nasty habit was putting this at risk with every puff. Suffice to say I quit because I want to live and be there for my kids. I want to see them finish school, get their first job, get married and make me a granddad.

I spent thousands on fake ecigs, Twisp, their juices and their 2 day coils. Everytime I would end up frustrated and just return to smoking. Then came December 10th, ad one of our work colleagues passed away with cancer. Steve and I smoked together in the smoke pen regularly. Suddenly my own mortality was staring me in the face. I decided to start looking at the latest Twisp has to offer. I had a Twisp at home but wasn't going back to that again, endless dry hits and throat burn. So I started to do some research that night at work. I was actually researching how to fix dry hits on a Twisp when I landed upon the eciggsa and vapehaven forums. 30mins in and I had already learned that there are better devices out there that are cheaper and perform better.

Friday, December 11th I bought myself an eVic Mini kit and a 30ml bottle of Weiner Belly Rub. I was hooked from the first cloud! For the first time I was able to vape without fear of that burnt taste or the terrible throat burn.

My only regret is that it took me 2 weeks to create a profile and actively join in this community!
20160116_082743.jpg

I first heard about vaping through my friend @Lim about 2 years ago, at that time I was preparing to take a break from my job and love life and leave SA to just relax for a month in Asia-which became a year because I decided to study Chinese ( I was raised in SA, could never read any Chinese!). At the time he told me to look for vaping stuff while I was in Hong Kong and I did..but HK$800 for an eGo stick was a bit too much! I could buy 16 packs of cigs for that price! So I stopped my search, until I came back last year October and @Lim kept talking to me about vaping and I met with him in January where I got my eGo one.

In the beginning I was part vaping, part smoking but it was because I didn't want to get rid of my Korean Menthol cigs and I didn't really taste the flavours I got from @Lim. February came along and I had finished my cigs, so what now? Well I started smoking when I was 11 but I was more of a stress and social smoker, so I had been on and off cigs quite often with no drawbacks, so I took to full vaping since I had the kit. Since February I haven't touched a cig and it felt great! I didn't wake up with phlegm in my throat wanting to clear my throat out every morning, I could taste things better-especially curry and Chilli-than I used to, I could run more (10min's max continuous running) and not feel like throwing up when playing basketball. Not forgetting to mention that my clothes and car smelled better and that is important for a Virgo! Overall I feel like my body can get back to my high school days where I am full of energy and I can keep up with my friends.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I had Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) that carried to my lungs which might have been a factor in my choice to rather vape, as smoking restricts your veins and my blood is normally quite thick and clots very quickly, so I would've been dead 4 years ago if I actually didn't reduce my smoking or if I went upwards from Marlboro Lights/Menthol.
20160514_081751.jpg

Last edited:
Love this thread because this is in a nutshell what it's all about... my reasons like most was for health reasons... I used to wake up and cough till I used to wretch and gag... also was always out of breath... plus my wife had given up and was giving me major gears because I was a real stinky... I had tried every other option available to try give up... Drugs, Hypnosis, Acupuncture, Patches, Gum and cold turkey... best I ever did was 3 months and was a tough 3 months it was...

Started with a Green Smoke which was useless and I continued to smoke... then I got a Twisp Package and never touched a stinky ever again... the Twisp was really annoying because of the juice in the mouth story and I found Vape King and got my first eGo and mPT2 and my journey began in earnest... I have really enjoyed the journey and the benefits are not even calculable... my health is a million times better and every day when I take my first puff I give thanks to the Vape Gods!

The one device that has been with me and always will be on this road of awesomeness is Avril the REO Grand!
Avril.JPG

Hi All

Well I’m going to be Very honest, I was a heavy 3 pack a day smoker, and my wife hates all the smells associated with smoking and I had No intention of quitting. We were on holiday in Paris and I stumbled upon a Joyetech store and the smells coming out of that store was amazing, so my wife suggested I try. Bought a Joyetech eCom-C and some Strawberry Champagne and Tobacco 24mg e-juice. Could not stop coughing when I took a hit. So it was laid to rest.

Then we adopted a child, as me and my wife could not conceive. (Love my boy more than anyone/anything in the world) and my wife asked if I could start smoking outside and I agreed but I missed all the new and exciting moment with my son as I was always outside smoking, so one morning I missed his first word and I got angry with myself and my STUPID habit so I got the joyetech out of the cupboard and started to research why I am coughing so much when I took a hit. Just to discover the vaping industry has EXPLODED.

I bought a iJust kit with VapeMob`s Papa Smurf 0.3mg e-juice. Took a hit and I was hooked! Vape tech and E-juice varieties was so massive, I couldn’t get enough! I had to try EVERYTHING until one day I realised that I don’t want stinky stick again! BEST DECISION EVER! (Because I don’t smell like a dumpster anymore, I and my wife is getting it ON more!)

So at the moment I am running a Griffin 25mm (Thanks to THIS Amazing forums recommendations) (Also I broke BOTH Griffin glasses, on order from SirVape) with a Cuboid 150W as my main setup and a Melo 2 with iJust 2 Battery as n secondary.

And the juice that got me hooked it still my favorite but I just got a bottle All Coiled Out – YoYo and I think it`s going to replace Papa Smurf!

IMG_1611.JPG

Thanks to all who have entered so far
It is quite incredible to read the stories
- just shows how much of a win vaping is

image.jpg

Hi to all on the forum

Im a newbie vaper. To be honest im still smoking stinkies but i am trying to get of them.

How I started vaping:
So a few months ago i found one of my fathers twisp devices. It still worked so i just charged it, filled her up and started vaping. I had no plan on giving up ciggerettes but ever since i started vaping on a daily bases ive been smoking less stinkies. My gf also got hooked and really wanted her own device.
So this weekend i decided to buy her a Joyetech AIO at VapeCartel CT. I am currently saving up(coz im a student) for a decent setup.

I am not feeling the full benefits of vaping just yet coz im not completely off the stinkies but i have been smoking less and i no longer weez at night when trying to fall asleep.

Big thanx to the guys @VapeCartelCT for helping me out.

uploadfromtaptalk1463394108314.jpg

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,

Thanks for this awesome thread, I love it!!!

My vape journey began in 2014, i had an evod style vape with 5 of my favourite liquids from Vape King. to this day, Vanilla BBM, Rasberry Rush and Grape soda is always in my drawer. i had an obsession with hubbly and it made me quite ill at some stage. i heard about vaping from a friend and stopped by the nearest Vape king store (gezina) and i was A for away. i soon thereafter made my first purchase of my Cloupor mini and Kayfun V4. i still have both of them and enjoy them as my sunday MTL session. i never look back on starting to vape. i have been DIYing for about a year and always look forward to my next batch and my next build.

my trusty iPV3 li + Bellus has been my go to any day of the week, and i treasure it dearly.

Thank you to Vape King for helping me put down the pipe, and thanks to ECIGSSA for this amazing forum.
upload_2016-5-16_12-41-19.png

My vaping tale started 2.5 years ago. It is not a fantastic tale in fact it is rather ordinary. After being a 2 pack a day person for more than half my life my health was deteriorating. I did not like to admit it to myself and would often have a mental debate and always found justification for the next packet. I was active, my compulsory annual medical exams were better than average, no bad medical history in the family (all smokers) and besides I had tried unsuccessfully to stop on many occasions, surely the stress and trauma I experienced when trying to stop was actually worse for me than smoking itself. Any excuse would do.

I had been using the cigarette look alike devices to satisfy my cravings on long plane journeys so decided to invest what I thought was a major upgrade to a twisp. Not to stop smoking but to try and reduce the amount I was smoking. After a month I was down to 3 cigarettes a day and decided what the heck, in for a penny in for pound and I made a life altering decision to stop smoking cigarettes all together.
In the beginning it was hard, but not as tough as other attempts I had made. About a month later I was getting very frustrated with the twisp and a good Friend Mr Foosher guided me towards ecigssa and when I say guided what I actually mean is that I was threatened with grievous bodily harm.

Suddenly a whole new world of devices, juices, technical jargon and some very friendly experienced vapers were just a click away and my Vape journey was well and truly underway. 2.5 years later my health is the best it has ever been, my house and car smell the best they ever have and my sense of smell and taste are better than i can ever remember. More than just physical improvements my mental state has also drastically improved. To beat a very negative controlling aspect of ones life does wonders for self esteem and confidence and the spin offs are Immeasurable.

Throughout this journey the amount of equipment I have acquired is rather significant and there is no way I can say what is my favorite. What I have in my hand today is the snowwolf mini 90W with a steam engine tank full of my all day and everyday juice VM Menthol ice (I never used to smoke menthol cigarettes) but if it wasn't for Twisp I would probably still have a stinky in my hand.

As I said a rather ordinary story but a hugely significant chapter in my life.

Capture.JPG

Hey everyone,

Thanks for this awesome thread, I love it!!!

My vape journey began in 2014, i had an evod style vape with 5 of my favourite liquids from Vape King. to this day, Vanilla BBM, Rasberry Rush and Grape soda is always in my drawer. i had an obsession with hubbly and it made me quite ill at some stage. i heard about vaping from a friend and stopped by the nearest Vape king store (gezina) and i was A for away. i soon thereafter made my first purchase of my Cloupor mini and Kayfun V4. i still have both of them and enjoy them as my sunday MTL session. i never look back on starting to vape. i have been DIYing for about a year and always look forward to my next batch and my next build.

my trusty iPV3 li + Bellus has been my go to any day of the week, and i treasure it dearly.

Thank you to Vape King for helping me put down the pipe, and thanks to ECIGSSA for this amazing forum.
View attachment 54436
Hows that coffee cake flavour?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

Hello good people, really enjoying this thread, great to see such inspiring stories of how vaping has changed the life of so many of our members in such a positive way. Living outside SA borders I am not eligible for the competition, but would like to add my 2c to thread. I was a heavy smoker for more than 40 years, getting through 40-50 fags a day. In 2011 my dear Dad was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, situation made all the worse by the fact he was vehemently anti-smoking and had never smoked a cigarette in his life. He had contracted the disease after working for many years at a nuclear power station in Scotland and had ingested asbestos into his lungs.

I left England in 1981, and have spent more of my life away from my birthplace than living there. I managed to get back to UK and spent the last month of my Dad's life with him. Seeing the absolutely horrific effect that lung cancer has on a person and their family convinced me that I could no longer take the chance that my life would end in the same way, and put my loved ones (I have a wife and a son) through the living hell I had witnessed. Started vaping in the usual way with the ciggalikes, they did not work too well, but managed to upgrade by searching net for alternatives.
I have been off the fags entirely for almost 2 years and feel better than I can ever remember, and will not being going back to my lifelong self-destructive habit. I honestly believe that vaping may have saved my life. A big thank you to this forum and it's fantastic members for helping through the days where the temptation to smoke was starting to get the upper hand.

About a month later I was getting very frustrated with the twisp and a good Friend Mr Foosher guided me towards ecigssa and when I say guided what I actually mean is that I was threatened with grievous bodily harm.

Me making threats? Doesn't sound like me... :p:D:p:D:p

And now you are an old time vaper with parcels from local vendors and Fasttech flying it at a rapid rate! :b1:

Hello good people, really enjoying this thread, great to see such inspiring stories of how vaping has changed the life of so many of our members in such a positive way. Living outside SA borders I am not eligible for the competition, but would like to add my 2c to thread. I was a heavy smoker for more than 40 years, getting through 40-50 fags a day. In 2011 my dear Dad was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, situation made all the worse by the fact he was vehemently anti-smoking and had never smoked a cigarette in his life. He had contracted the disease after working for many years at a nuclear power station in Scotland and had ingested asbestos into his lungs.

I left England in 1981, and have spent more of my life away from my birthplace than living there. I managed to get back to UK and spent the last month of my Dad's life with him. Seeing the absolutely horrific effect that lung cancer has on a person and their family convinced me that I could no longer take the chance that my life would end in the same way, and put my loved ones (I have a wife and a son) through the living hell I had witnessed. Started vaping in the usual way with the ciggalikes, they did not work too well, but managed to upgrade by searching net for alternatives.
I have been off the fags entirely for almost 2 years and feel better than I can ever remember, and will not being going back to my lifelong self-destructive habit. I honestly believe that vaping may have saved my life. A big thank you to this forum and it's fantastic members for helping through the days where the temptation to smoke was starting to get the upper hand.

Thanks for sharing your story @Neal - appreciate that.

Terribly sorry to hear about your dad -
I know what you mean about the "horrific effect" of lung cancer - i saw my uncle slowly deteriorate from being a towering pillar of strength in his family to not being able to walk and then passing on.

But - I am happy to hear that vaping has had such a positive impact for you

Soooo the story to my vape life as they say started way way back in the the late 2015's when I decided to buy my 1st mod ... Bought it!!! Liked it!!! Chucked the ciggies and began a new life after 11 years of smoking. Starter ciggies back in 2005. Thinking back if I saved it then how much vape goodies I would have today ;).

I would say I got into vaping due to some buddies saying "try this its soo much more better" and so I began saving for my own kit.

I would say that it is much ore expensive then ciggies for me as I would only smoke about 7 - 8 a day. Although now with vaping I'm much healthier then before. Well if you look at Woolworth organic foods and your local supermarket you would see a price difference and quality to taste. Vaping has the same thing to ciggies as above comparison.

The flavours in vaping and clouds have got me hooked. I'm like that fish in the ocean, hungry for that bate of your flavours waiting for something new so I can get it.

And on that bombshell vaping has changed my life. Healthier, wiser, builder, happier, happier wife! Happier life!!! Haha

Unfortunately no pics of 1st mod due to sale but here's the 2nd and 3rd stuck in customs

Juice that I could use all day everyday is def VM XXX (sorry bottle isn't vm but it's vm in there)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
So I started smoking at 14 and started out with Winfield Magnum, I smoked all the way through highschool and still smoke the odd cig, Im about to turn 31. Getting my first device (Twisp clearo) set me on a long road of trying to quit, I eventually got an istick mini, which I still have and then moved on to the Evic VTC mini, so far I have yet to quit smoking but I definately have come a long way from polishing a pack of camels whilst playing Dota for a few hours( Yes I could empty a box of 20 in under 10 hours) im now at maybe 6 to 10 cigs a day, yesterday was a good day so I only smoked 3 cigs and teo tanks on the Evic, so far today im at 0 smokes and one tank on the Evic, its been a heavy journey but once Im analog free Im not looking back!!image.jpg

I started vaping in 2009 with the NJoy NCIG device and soon gave up (weak vapour, flavour and weak battery). Needless to say I went back to the stinkies. It became a struggle constantly trying to give upvia cold turkey, give up for a few hours and then the cravings lead to lighting up again. When I re-tried vaping last year with a clearo and then soon after an istick 30 (see pic) I managed to give up the stinkies one shot! Big life changer never having to constantly crave nic.
IMG_2152.JPG

I started smoking when I was 15 at high school and was smoking a pack a day (sometimes even 2 or 3 on a night out). I was always out of breath and about two years ago, after 3 years of smoking, I developed a really bad morning cough that kept getting worse, especially after those nights out. I was getting worried and after numerous failed attempts at quitting I found vaping in august last year. I immediately cut down on my smoking, I was down to about 5 or 6 a day but just couldn't kick those last few until about 3 months ago when I downloaded an app that kept me motivated. Since then I can taste better, which is awesome as I love my food, and I have more energy but more importantly I don't cough anymore in the mornings, I don't get sick as often as I used to and I can workout and do physical activities without losing my breath really quickly. I feel as though I'm healthier overall and I'm really enjoying vaping as it wasn't only an end to smoking but the beginning of a healthier lifestyle and a new hobby and I've met people and made friends I otherwise wouldn't have if it wasn't for vaping

If I had to choose a single setup and juice to keep me going it would be my rx200 which has never let me down with my griffin on it because it gives me great flavour and vapour and has never leaked on me or given me a days hassle, of course filled with the most absolutely delicious juice which is Paulies Coffee Cake. I can't go a day without vaping some Coffee Cake and could vape it all day, everyday.
1463608494719254972886.jpg

Thanks to all those who have entered thus far
The stories have been super to read
Great to see the positive impacts of vaping in our lives

Keep em coming...

This comp is sponsored by Juicy Joes and Vape King - thank you again for the prizes
Comp runs till 10 June 2016

Hi guys,

Beginnings:
So around Feb this year I was on at least a pack of Chesterfield Filter 30s a day, where most nights I would open the second box just before bed. My journey started about 3 and a half years ago when a college and I walked into a smokers shop in Sandton (I forget what the place was called in Sandton Mall) and we decided to try those Green Smoke disposable ones in the plastic packets they came in. So we bought 2 each and tried them until they were flat. It wasn't totally awful and we had cut down on the stinkies. So we decided to buy a starter pack. I remember we got tobacco and chocolate cartridges extra. We were still smoking in between but we cut down significantly and that was a win for us. Was just around the time people started making their own juices, so we drove to the other side of the world to some place in Edenvale (we live in the west) to go get them and started refiling the cartridges. About 2 months later we kinda got over the taste of it and called it quits. About 18 months later I just started at a new company and the guys there were all vaping, I was pretty much the only smoker, so I decided I will get me a Twisp. I got the twisp clearo I think it was called. One of the very first ones and that lasted about a month. It was just terrible, I tried the VK juices in it but I gave up on it. A year later, this year Feb, the same college, now a fast friend, and I (we both ended up starting at the same place last year lol) decided to get us the IJust2 kit. Well I haven't smoked since. Haven't even thought of it.

How Vaping changed my life:
So here we are today, smoke free for 3 months this Sunday and I have been loving it. I converted my brother already @CookieMonster101 from the IJust2 and the two of us now have an amazing time twice a week together just vaping. We even organize vape sessions together now lol. So it has brought us closer together as brothers again also. I DIY so he also comes around to give his ideas on my juices. My sense of taste has completely returned and my smells is exponentially better now also. All the health reasons have been mentioned already so I won't restate them, but they all hold true. Vaping has opened up a whole new world of hobby for me. Building coils and DIY juice and all the new people I have met because of it. It has brought me closer to my brother and made me feel a lot better about my health and as a result myself as well. My fingers don't have the nic stains anymore and my clothes smell like clothes again. Vaping has been a big big win in my life

I will add my picture later today as soon as I can

EDIT
Completely forgot to add my pic:
Here it is (IStick TC100W and DIY Melons Mix with a Tornado RTA, my go to setup every single day):
upload_2016-6-10_15-4-25.png

Last edited:
Just a reminder that this competition is still underway - and will close on 10 June
So get your entries in. See the first post for competition rules and what you need to do to win.

The entries so far have been awesome
Keep em coming

Great prizes are up for grabs from Juicy Joes and Vape King. See the first post.

Just a reminder that this competition is still running until 10th June
Great prizes to be won
Thanks again to Juicy Joes and Vape King for sponsoring the prizes for this competition

For those of you who haven't entered, please do so. We would love to see as many members as possible entering.

What you need to do to win
  • We want you to describe (in no less than 50 words) how vaping has changed your life for the better.
  • Then you need to post a single picture of your favourite vaping device and juice. This needs to be a setup that could keep you going for a while if that was the only setup and juice you could use.

Prizes

jj_logo_336x300-png.54086

1st prize from Juicy Joes
  • 1 x Big Black Box Mod
  • 1 x 100ml Juice (your choice of juice that is in stock)
  • 1 x 30ml Juice (any juice of your choice that is in stock)
  • Free shipping within SA
bbb1_200by200-jpg.54093

Bear in mind that Juicy Joes stocks one of the widest ranges of local juices in SA. So the juice prizes on offer should please any palate.

vape-king-logo_-1-png.54087

Runner-up prize from Vape King
  • 1 x Geek vape simple tool kit
  • 2 x 30ml King Royale Juices (your choice of juice that is in stock)
  • 1 x 50ml Rebel Lion Juice (your choice of juice that is in stock)
  • Free shipping within SA
geekvape-jpg.54089
kingroyale-jpg.54091
rebellion-jpg.54092

Back