Ecigssa Mod.. It might be crazy but it could work?

Do you think this can work?

• Yes

• No

• It's crazy!

• I like it!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jebula999

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I just had a thought.

So on a previous thread i mentioned i am a mechanical draftsman.
The reason i have mechanical drafting capabilities or why i went into the field in the first place is that we have a family general engineering shop which i was supposed to take over after my father passed. So we have lathes, milling machines, welders, grinders, all the machinery and people needed to run a full fledged engineering factory.

So i was thinking, if there is a demand for custom mods or top caps, and people want us "South Africans" to come up with innovative ideas or designs, then why don't we as a community come up with a "South African" design to call our own? Depending on demand or interest i can see if i can produce them? I mean i don't think it will be too much hassle surely? Shipping will be cheap because it will be local and running in Rands the price shouldn't be as high as it is to import custom mods.

Please let me know your thoughts, or ideas on this.

i want to pick yes, its crazy and i like it, but i could only pick one:p

I just had a thought.

So on a previous thread i mentioned i am a mechanical draftsman.
The reason i have mechanical drafting capabilities or why i went into the field in the first place is that we have a family general engineering shop which i was supposed to take over after my father passed. So we have lathes, milling machines, welders, grinders, all the machinery and people needed to run a full fledged engineering factory.

So i was thinking, if there is a demand for custom mods or top caps, and people want us "South Africans" to come up with innovative ideas or designs, then why don't we as a community come up with a "South African" design to call our own? Depending on demand or interest i can see if i can produce them? I mean i don't think it will be too much hassle surely? Shipping will be cheap because it will be local and running in Rands the price shouldn't be as high as it is to import custom mods.

Please let me know your thoughts, or ideas on this.
Go for it!

To whomever voted no. Please PM me your reasoning, would like to hear why not ( Curiosity killed the cat )

Good idea. The challenge is that not all 'types' are applicable to 'all people'.

i.e. this came up in a squonkers thread, which is of little to no interest to me. However, do a tube-style mech mod and I'm first in-line. Others may/will prefer a dual battery box type of affair. Different strokes for different folks.

Great idea. Would it be a VW/VV mod?

It can be either or i guess, i was aiming more for the mechanical kind as it is simpler and less costly for the consumers. But hey, if people want VW/VV ones we can make a plan.

This thread is for people to input ideas and give their thoughts, i don't have a design in mind or concrete plans to do this.
I want to see what the demand is like and if people have designs of their own they want made or for everyone to put ideas together and make a mod "together" of sorts.

I'm not very good at design, but i am good at drafting, so i can make the mock-up designs and models for people to see, and if they like it, i can maybe make it for them.

If people would like it to be classified, you are more than welcome to pop me a PM regarding a design they have or ideas.

Good idea. The challenge is that not all 'types' are applicable to 'all people'.

i.e. this came up in a squonkers thread, which is of little to no interest to me. However, do a tube-style mech mod and I'm first in-line. Others may/will prefer a dual battery box type of affair. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm not aiming for any type specifically, that's why this thread is here. If people want single/dual battery, vv/vw or straight mechanical. All can be discussed here. Even if you want once off designs or your own custom mod. I can draw it up, see what i can make it for and let people know what it might cost. Because as of now, i have no idea what costs would be like.

All i know is i have the tools to do this, and if people want it, then why not help

All i know is i have the tools to do this, and if people want it, then why not help

I understand and can get behind it.

Do you have CNC manufacturing contacts? (From a previous life used to do this a bit, small runs had at least a $400 setup cost - but these weren't local.)

I understand and can get behind it.

Do you have CNC manufacturing contacts? (From a previous life used to do this a bit, small runs had at least a $400 setup cost - but these weren't local.)
No CNC machines, we don't specialize in manufacturing, we are more fabricating and repairs sort of a factory. And in turn because of this i also have no contacts for it :/

I think a smaller more refined version of the dimtri box would be an awesome mod, keep it dual battery though just make it more compact.

I think a smaller more refined version of the dimtri box would be an awesome mod, keep it dual battery though just make it more compact.
Yeah, that mod does seem a bit over-sized and heavy

@Jebula999 had a similar idea a while ago as it seems I have somewhat similar equipment to you. Main issue for me was the 510 connector which you could possibly import and just fit to the mod. I was thinking more down the lines of a squonk mod. But with chips being available for purchase it would be possible to do TC/VW fairly easily. Material cost would be marginal just labour and QC could rack up quite quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following with interest. Hope something actually comes of this because in the past there was a hype of local devices being made and did not materialise

@Jebula999 had a similar idea a while ago as it seems I have somewhat similar equipment to you. Main issue for me was the 510 connector which you could possibly import and just fit to the mod. I was thinking more down the lines of a squonk mod. But with chips being available for purchase it would be possible to do TC/VW fairly easily. Material cost would be marginal just labour and QC could rack up quite quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, those are the things i'm a tad worried about, i have no idea what labour would cost, and QC i will be doing myself, i know what standard we produce and i would like to keep my name all good and well. I will treat all devices as if they were my own.

My mom(Owner of the company) gave me the go ahead to give this a try, she thinks it's a good idea.

I need to get one prototype going so that i can get a quote from my uncle(He runs the factory) on how much it would cost per unit, then i can give a more accurate estimate. I'm looking to more once off designs not the whole manufacturing of 100 units.

If a person wants a vw/vv mod, then they just gotta cover the cost of the chip, its not much more work on my end of the deal, and i won't charge more for the actual creation of the part.

I'm not going to do this to be making money per say, I have a job and work from home, and i don't need the extra money. I will be doing this for the fun and the interest of the process. So basically will be charging the costs and the shipping, and maybe R100 for some juice along the way :p

I like this idea. I second the duel battery setup with a chip for VW/TC capabilities.

What buttons style did you have in mind out of curiosity, off the shelf or something more "fancy"?

I'd love a DNA200 squonker - but doubt that'd have mass appeal ;-)

I like this idea. I second the duel battery setup with a chip for VW/TC capabilities.

What buttons style did you have in mind out of curiosity, off the shelf or something more "fancy"?
I have nothing in mind hey xD

I'm hoping for peoples inputs here

vv will push the price up too much keep it as a mech imo.

If I had an engineering shop I'd be pumping out simple yet elegant Reo like mechs. I would take all the knowledge and reviews on RDA/RTA's on this forum and design a RDA/RTA that would have airflow control for any taste and flavor. Make SA proud bud. If you can make something like a local Reo, Ill be first in line to take one.

I think a dual battery mech box mod would work perfect

I think a dna200 squonker would be a win.

Back