EgoT battery acting up

Riaz

Passion changes everything
VIP
LV

Awards
howsit guys

so my egot battery started acting up about 3 days ago.

this battery normally lasts me around 3 days before i need charge it.

after being fully charged the other day, i used it for about 10 minutes then it went completely dead- the button wasnt even lighting up. when i got home i plugged it in the charger and the lights lit up like it was charging again. then after about 5 minutes the lights turned green (meaning its fully charged). then the battery worked fine again.

the next day, same thing happend, and now this morning again.

so it almost like the battery needs that quick charge before working again for a solid few hours before acting up.

any ideas what the issue could be? the battery is less than a month old.

Hi Riaz, I had a battery that did the exact same thing and sadly that battery was died.. Had to organize a little burial for it. was quite emotional.. :(

Just a side question, was this a branded battery or generic?

howsit Gizmo

its got the eGo-T logo on the side- its the one in my profile pic

so you suggest i get a replacement in the mean while? seeing this one could die at any time?

Hmm, yea thats what I would recommend bud in all honesty.. Maybe a another vaper could suggest something. Just in my experience the battery died eventually.

could also be a wire working itself loose, so sometimes there's a connection and sometimes not. would explain why it went "dead" and then "fully charged" a little bit after that

could also be a wire working itself loose, so sometimes there's a connection and sometimes not. would explain why it went "dead" and then "fully charged" a little bit after that

tahnks denizenx

how can i get to this wires to check?

dankie baie

i will definitely do this once the battery has died completely

its all about firmly but gently wiggling that top section out, basically you do not want to be so forcefull that when the top comes off that you rip wires loose. sounds a wee bit scary but no hassle at all if done carefully

3 day on an ego. That is impressive. Best I've had with joyetech ego 650's was about 1.5 days.
I've opened a few ego batteries before, and if the cell has died, you should be able to take it to communica and get a replacement there. They have all sorts of different li-ion cells. Just get one with the exact same ratings.
When you solder the battery to the protection board, just double check the polarity.
While at Communica, get some shrink wrap. The ego I opened the last time used a piece of foam between the wires to prevent shorts. I almost had a heart attack when i though that i stick this bomb into my face daily.... shrink wrap for the win!

ok so i noticed something. after being fully charged, i pull a few puffs then the battery flashes 3 times then it goes dead.

what could that be?

ok so i noticed something. after being fully charged, i pull a few puffs then the battery flashes 3 times then it goes dead.

what could that be?
Looks like battery protection kicking in

i removed the top part of the battery and all the wires are secured- nothing loose.

as mentioned earlier, after it being fully charged, i use it for about an hour then the light flashes thrice then the battery is dead after that

this is real frustrating as i was growing fond of this battery, and now Fasttech is also having major issues with exporting batteries- they can no longer do so as it poses a risk to the shipping company

ok, so im now officially convinced that this battery is kaput.

would you guys advise that i replace the actual battery thats inside? keeping the compartment and rewiring it to a new battery?

if so, which battery would you recommend i use?

this is the letters written on the battery:

HGB160600R
H0906

You can do that, but chances are the protection board may have failed as well.
Remove the battery, and try to charge it with another li-ion charger.

You can try and get a replacement battery from Communica seeing as they keep all sorts of cells in stock. Just take the old one with. Chances are you are going to pay for that cell what a new ego battery costs.

That bat is made by HGB Zhuhai Hange Battery Tech and distributed by Alibaba. It is specialy made for e cigs so I doubt if you will get it from Communica.
Any 3.7v bat of the same size will work.

You can do that, but chances are the protection board may have failed as well.
Remove the battery, and try to charge it with another li-ion charger.

You can try and get a replacement battery from Communica seeing as they keep all sorts of cells in stock. Just take the old one with. Chances are you are going to pay for that cell what a new ego battery costs.

ahhhhh

the 14500 cell is roughly the same size as an aa battery right?
That could possibly fit? I don't have an ego with me to measure. If you have, can you post the dimensions here?

the 14500 cell is roughly the same size as an aa battery right?
That could possibly fit? I don't have an ego with me to measure. If you have, can you post the dimensions here?

this is the dimension i got off FT

Depth 16.6 mm
Height 87 mm
Width
16.6 mm

Measure it yourself as it should be 16.3 x 60.5 mm if it is the 1300 mAh one.
Perhaps FT states the dimensions of the whole tube.

Last edited:
Measure it yourself as it should be 16.3 x 60.5 mm if it is the 1300 mAh one.
Perhaps FT states the dimensions of the whole tube.

It is quite possible that the 14500 cell will fit.
However, it will need to get wires attached, and soldering is not an option.

it seems the wires are soldered at the moment?

Considering the heat sensitivity of li-ion cells, it is not something I would personally do.
Maybe someone else have another suggestion?

Back