Eleaf Lemo RTA

Whoa mama!

We have lift off.

@BumbleBee - so far it is PERFECT. Long slow lung hits and no dry hits whatsoever.

I will monitor it over the next day or two. But I am most impressed. Lovely menthol burn toward the end of a long slow draw. Lovely.

Thanks @BumbleBee!!

Juiced up like you said. Wicks just touching the deck.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424457035.011802.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424457070.927776.jpg

I can see the light coming from the channels.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424457096.946716.jpg

And voila. A beautiful peaceful desk grab n vape machine....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424457152.335404.jpg

Whoa mama!

We have lift off.

@BumbleBee - so far it is PERFECT. Long slow lung hits and no dry hits whatsoever.

I will monitor it over the next day or two. But I am most impressed. Lovely menthol burn toward the end of a long slow draw. Lovely.

Thanks @BumbleBee!!

View attachment 21789

View attachment 21790

View attachment 21791

View attachment 21792
Looking good @Silver :rock:

Thanks @Yiannaki

After vaping this for a while I am picking up that its not as "crisp" as I would like it to be. Its a bit more rounded. Not bad at all but i'd like it a bit crisper.

I think it could be the 2.4 mm ID, which is the largest I have gone on the Lemo. Not sure. But I think its this. Its the exact same juice. Same Rayon.

But i worry if i go back to 2mm, maybe i will start getting the occasional dry hit again. Although maybe with this new wicking as per Bumblebee's tutorial, it will be ok.

I will use it like this for a tank or two and then try go back to 2mm

Dialling in the right setup for ones taste and preference is a long road indeed....
Lol

Thanks @Yiannaki

After vaping this for a while I am picking up that its not as "crisp" as I would like it to be. Its a bit more rounded. Not bad at all but i'd like it a bit crisper.

I think it could be the 2.4 mm ID, which is the largest I have gone on the Lemo. Not sure. But I think its this. Its the exact same juice. Same Rayon.

But i worry if i go back to 2mm, maybe i will start getting the occasional dry hit again. Although maybe with this new wicking as per Bumblebee's tutorial, it will be ok.

I will use it like this for a tank or two and then try go back to 2mm

Dialling in the right setup for ones taste and preference is a long road indeed....
Lol

Yep. Most definitely the bigger ID that's losing the crispness.

Are you finding it slightly wetter as well?

Looking forward to testing your current setup sometime ;)

Yep. Most definitely the bigger ID that's losing the crispness.

Are you finding it slightly wetter as well?

Looking forward to testing your current setup sometime ;)

Yes, definitely a bit wetter, although the Lemo doesnt really transmit the full wetness anyway up the long chimney, but definitely feels a bit wetter.

I will keep this setup for a bit because it is good. But i want to try a smaller iD and see what happens

Whoa mama!

We have lift off.

Thanks @BumbleBee!!

View attachment 21789

View attachment 21790

View attachment 21791

View attachment 21792
I'm really glad my post helped :) Explaining with photos is so much easier.

I used to build with 1.5 and 2mm ids in the Kayfun but for some reason I went straight to 2.5mm in the Lemo. I'll do a 2mm next time I rebuild the Lemo and see how much of a difference it makes.

I used to build with 1.5 and 2mm ids in the Kayfun but for some reason I went straight to 2.5mm in the Lemo. I'll do a 2mm next time I rebuild the Lemo and see how much of a difference it makes.

Thanks @BumbleBee !
I think you sorted my wicking issue on the Lemo
Lol, i had your tutorial pictures open on the PC next to me while I was wicking
That crazy guy with the white hair was eerily staring at me!!
So cool

Dont build the 2mm just for me. If 2.5mm works for you, stick with it.
I will do it in a day or two and report back.

Honestly, I dont think it will be a problem.
I'm running dual 2mm shotgun coil in my Lemo, and the wicking keeps up for that just fine. Even with 70VG juice!

Not sure, coz I havent used it ever (yet) - could be a Rayon thing?

Honestly, I dont think it will be a problem.
I'm running dual 2mm shotgun coil in my Lemo, and the wicking keeps up for that just fine. Even with 70VG juice!

Not sure, coz I havent used it ever (yet) - could be a Rayon thing?

Thanks @WHeunis
I have only tried Rayon in the Lemo
I am going to try the wicking technique i have now on a 2mm coil and see if i get a bit more crispness with enough wicking. I dont vape it at high power at all. Around 15 watts

Thanks @WHeunis
I have only tried Rayon in the Lemo
I am going to try the wicking technique i have now on a 2mm coil and see if i get a bit more crispness with enough wicking. I dont vape it at high power at all. Around 15 watts

Yeah I don't jazz the power high either. I like the medium-to-cold level vapes.
My doublebarrel comes to 0.9 (was aiming for a round 1.0), vaping at 4.5V (22.5W).
She keeps up ALL day long. The only way I can force a problem with wicking right now is to do 5 REALLY HARD/DEEP lung hits.
That said, I am right at the edge of silvering after 3-4 of those @12mg nic...

So in that setup, vaping the way i vape (short-to-medium lung hits), i take 4-6 puffs every few minutes when im not busy, and just put more time inbetween when i am busy...

This was long overdue. I have been so busy the past few weeks that my vaping has been in maintenance mode.

I was always getting a semi dry hit halfway through a long drag on the Lemo. I tried quite a few things and several coils and wicks but it always did that.

Tonight I tried the Rip Trippers method again (bunny ears up after screwing down the chimney, then snip and just put the wicks back in without much precision, but no hard pressing or prodding)

Well what do you know. It's perfect!!!! No more dry hits even on a long 6 second lung hit! I am so very chuffed about this. It took me a while to get here and thanks to all of you guys who helped.

The Lemo wide open has such a peaceful long tightish lung hit draw. And super flavour. Perfect for grab n vape while at the computer.

VM Strawberry nuked with menthol concentrate drops doing the honours. Rayon wick makes it so crisp. And that menthol burn midway. Aah, just wonderful.

Saturday night fever! Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426350953.368458.jpg

Edit - I forgot to mention, I settled on a 28g (VapeKing wire, not Vapowire) coil, 2mm ID. Came out at 1.27 ohms - I think it was 8 wraps. Vaping it on 13-15 Watts. Nice cool(ish) vape. Perfect for the Strawberry menthol. And not too noisy.

@free3dom - I got it right!
It may have taken me a while (LOL) but I got there eventually.
Now I can (hopefully) continue enjoying the Lemo like its supposed to be

PS - and the Mini Dragon does a fine job powering this tank

@free3dom - I got it right!
It may have taken me a while (LOL) but I got there eventually.
Now I can (hopefully) continue enjoying the Lemo like its supposed to be

PS - and the Mini Dragon does a fine job powering this tank

That is fantastic news @Silver...and may it never be said that you are not immensely persistant - "I'll wick this Lemo, if it's the last thing I ever do!" :rock::rofl:
Also, I'll quote Rob Fisher (with a twist): Winner Winner Lemo Dinner :p

I've been had various tanks now and after 4 months the Lemo is still in daily use (and will remain so for a long time)...still such a great RTA :D

I think the main thing with building the Lemo is to not overthink it...just cut the wicks and tuck them (I still do it that way too) - an almost sloppy kind of wicking seems to work best ;)

Seems like Saturday night is Lemo night for me ;-)

Despite my above post - my Lemo still was giving me the occasional slightly dry hit. Maybe every 5 puffs or so. And during a long drag, not a short one

So, before retiring it, i thought I would try one more thing

I made a bigger coil. 2.5 mm and used lots of Rayon

It was promising for about the first ml but still I can taste it goes a bit dry sometimes. Maybe I have a dud or its my juice. But this Lemo is now probably going to get used less and less.

Great pity because i loved the flavour it produced and the relaxing long lung hit.

Seems like Saturday night is Lemo night for me ;-)

Despite my above post - my Lemo still was giving me the occasional slightly dry hit. Maybe every 5 puffs or so. And during a long drag, not a short one

So, before retiring it, i thought I would try one more thing

I made a bigger coil. 2.5 mm and used lots of Rayon

It was promising for about the first ml but still I can taste it goes a bit dry sometimes. Maybe I have a dud or its my juice. But this Lemo is now probably going to get used less and less.

Great pity because i loved the flavour it produced and the relaxing long lung hit.
I think its time for the lemo to take a back seat to the goblin :D

I think its time for the lemo to take a back seat to the goblin :D
i am literally thinking the opposite!!! lol, i am going back to rebuilding the lemo for a para wrap. the Goblin is very nice, but i want my juice to last a bit longer.... and the lemo is a good relaxed vape. in two minds regarding the lemo 2... so many new tanks, so little money!

Thanks @Yiannaki
I will vape this tankful and then see
Just havent had the time to start up the goblin. Lol. Embarrassed ;-)

@HPBotha - you have given me an idea - a paracoil in the Lemo... Hmmmm
You are right about a nice relaxing vape. The Lemo has such a nice relaxing vape action indeed... I actually find it goes through the juice fairly quickly. But i suppose still far slower than the goblin

Lol, when I'm in "juice conservation" mode, i love my Evod1. Vape satisfaction per ml of juice on that is high. Mainly for the clearer fruitier ones and with added menthol for some throat hit.

Thanks @Yiannaki
I will vape this tankful and then see
Just havent had the time to start up the goblin. Lol. Embarrassed ;-)

@HPBotha - you have given me an idea - a paracoil in the Lemo... Hmmmm
You are right about a nice relaxing vape. The Lemo has such a nice relaxing vape action indeed... I actually find it goes through the juice fairly quickly. But i suppose still far slower than the goblin

Lol, when I'm in "juice conservation" mode, i love my Evod1. Vape satisfaction per ml of juice on that is high. Mainly for the clearer fruitier ones and with added menthol for some throat hit.

Here is a small tutorial I did for a para-coil on the Lemo ;)

Right. I think I have finally solved my Lemo intermittent "dry hit on a long lung hit" problem !

I built a new coil. Nothing fancy. 2mm ID. 28g. 1.17 ohms.

Then I packed it with a bit more rayon and trimmed the bunny ears a little bit longer than I normally do. Just pushed the rayon gently onto the decks. Then lubed up. Then gently pushed the wick away from the juice channels.

The other thing I did was to thin my juice mix a bit by adding 5% of distilled water. My mix is VM Strawberry with 50/50 PG/VG from skyblue. VM is 18mg and I do half half so comes out at about 9mg. But I think the VG was a bit too thick. When it was in the tank before it just looked too thick. With the added distilled water it looks visibly less thick.

I am on my second tankful now. Not a single dry hit even after very long slow 7second lung hits! Glorious. I now get that perfect pure menthol burn in the throat after about 4 secs. This is so good for me because I love that burn.

I am so chuffed. Am really loving the flavour the Lemo gives at lowish power on a long relaxed lung hit on the menthol juices.

It's taken me a while. But has been worth it for me. This setup has been carefully documented and filed ;-)

Here is my Lemo on the Sig100+. Lol a bit of an over kill! Only vaping it at 12-14 Watts. But at least the batteries last for days the sig makes for a perfect comfortable grab n vape desk device!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428086165.780558.jpg

Right. I think I have finally solved my Lemo intermittent "dry hit on a long lung hit" problem !

I built a new coil. Nothing fancy. 2mm ID. 28g. 1.17 ohms.

Then I packed it with a bit more rayon and trimmed the bunny ears a little bit longer than I normally do. Just pushed the rayon gently onto the decks. Then lubed up. Then gently pushed the wick away from the juice channels.

The other thing I did was to thin my juice mix a bit by adding 5% of distilled water. My mix is VM Strawberry with 50/50 PG/VG from skyblue. VM is 18mg and I do half half so comes out at about 9mg. But I think the VG was a bit too thick. When it was in the tank before it just looked too thick. With the added distilled water it looks visibly less thick.

I am on my second tankful now. Not a single dry hit even after very long slow 7second lung hits! Glorious. I now get that perfect pure menthol burn in the throat after about 4 secs. This is so good for me because I love that burn.

I am so chuffed. Am really loving the flavour the Lemo gives at lowish power on a long relaxed lung hit on the menthol juices.

It's taken me a while. But has been worth it for me. This setup has been carefully documented and filed ;-)

Here is my Lemo on the Sig100+. Lol a bit of an over kill! Only vaping it at 12-14 Watts. But at least the batteries last for days the sig makes for a perfect comfortable grab n vape desk device!!

View attachment 24452

If at first (or second, or third) you don't succeed... :p

Glad to hear you finally found a solution to your Lemo issues...and love seeing it on the Sig 100+ :giggle:

Tonight the 'mighty' Lemo1 got a new coil

I know not many people use this atty but am documenting it for future reference. The wicking is a little bit tricky but not difficult once you know how to do it.

For me this atty has such a lovely and 'sharp' flavour for my 'Strawberry Ice' blend in restricted lung hit mode.

New 28g Kanthal simple 8 wrap coil. 2mm ID. 1.3 ohms.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1485719021.192487.jpg

Rayon wick. If find Rayon is great for the fruity menthols. Makes the menthol shine. And makes it quite crisp. Fairly tight in there because Rayon shrinks slightly when wet unlike cotton which expands a bit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1485719081.778942.jpg

I wet the wicks and then see how much to cut. The idea is to 'drape' the wick so that it just touches the deck.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1485719164.120449.jpg

Here it is draped with the wick just touching the deck. You have to cut a little bit at a time because you can't reverse ;-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1485719294.279951.jpg

Put on the base part of the chimney and check that the juice holes are not obstructed. A very gentle coax with a flat screwdriver if necessary.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1485719353.918443.jpg

And voila ! The mighty Lemo1 is ready.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1485719407.489807.jpg

Have been using this device daily for nearly two years. It sits permanently on the sig 100 plus and is my main mindless vaper while working on the computer.

I have tried several other devices to compare but so far this one still has the best and sharpest flavour for me for this juice.

Long slow relaxed restricted lung hits. At low power (about 12 Watts) and very economical on juice.

Major respect to this tank from my side.

Hi @Room Fogger

I found it for you
Look at the post above

I use 28g Kanthal wire. 7 wraps. 2mm ID - comes to about 1.1 to 1.2 ohms
I vape it on about 12 Watts
I use a VM Strawberry plus menthol blend juice in here - at about 11mg.
Long restricted draws.

The airflow screw in the base can be adjusted when you take off the tank to refill it. Problem is that screw moves around. So you either close it off all the way or open it all the way. Then it stands still. I have it fully open. Still quite restrictive. I have found the key to it is the long drip tip which suits this tank for the juice I like.

The wicking is easy once you get it right. Drape method works for me all the time. Key to get the length of the wick just right. Helps to wet the wick once installed so you know exactly how much to cut off. Cut little bits at a time. you can always cut more, but if you go too far you have to rewick. The wick has to just touch the deck.

Shout if you need help.
Was @BumbleBee that coached me on this way back - so I have him to thank.

By the way @Room Fogger - this post above is for the Lemo1, not the Lemo2
I had the Lemo2 - it was supposed to be better than the Lemo1 but the sharp flavour I got from the Lemo1 once I figured it out was much better for me - so my Lemo2 got benched. Havent used it in years.

Lemo1 is in daily use on my desk.

I had the Lemo2 - it was supposed to be better than the Lemo1 but the sharp flavour I got from the Lemo1 once I figured it out was much better for me - so my Lemo2 got benched. Havent used it in years.

Thanks @Silver , will bookmark and do some homework, will let you know once I succeed.

I had a lemo2 and the best day it had was when my college knocked it over and broke the glass. Lemo 2 had the lovely top fill and not the horrid base screw but flavour was superior on the lemo1.

Back