Etihad to UAE

I went there and I couldn't find the page though

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Never mind I found it

Anything u not using goes in the checked in luggage including the PS. I travel frequently with one mtl device in my pocket, with a spare battery and some juice. Everything else which usually consists of 2 mods/tanks, juices and building supplies all goes in the checked in bags. If you’re just in transit in Dubai and your bags are checked in direct to jhb you should have no issues whatsoever. I’ve had my check in luggage opened at security in Dubai airport, they had a quick look see at what’s cooking with all the liquids and electronics, asked a few random questions, had a good laugh and sent me on my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything u not using goes in the checked in luggage including the PS. I travel frequently with one mtl device in my pocket, with a spare battery and some juice. Everything else which usually consists of 2 mods/tanks, juices and building supplies all goes in the checked in bags. If you’re just in transit in Dubai and your bags are checked in direct to jhb you should have no issues whatsoever. I’ve had my check in luggage opened at security in Dubai airport, they had a quick look see at what’s cooking with all the liquids and electronics, asked a few random questions, had a good laugh and sent me on my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks brother you really helped my nerves there

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Hi guys
im travelling to Dubai tomorrow and i heard so many stories about confiscating mech mods is this true or what should i do cause im a heavy vaper? Please guys i need your help A.S.AP

Hi all. Thought I'd give a quick rundown of my experience travelling to the UAE with an ecig - it was hard to come by this info when I researched it before I traveled in Dec 2016.

First problem - conflicting information on the web about where to carry your batteries. Should they be checked in or carry-on? Do they even allow Li batteries? This differs from airline to airline afaik. With Etihad, they ask that you travel with your batteries in your carry-on cabin luggage. I also placed them in a battery holder. I drained my liquid from my tank and placed my liquids in a see-through ziplock bag.

Second problem - the story about e-cigs being banned in the UAE. Whilst this is still the case, I managed to pass through airport security with no issues. When I checked with the Etihad check-in desk about the batteries for my ecig they didn't seem to mind at all that I'm travelling to the UAE with it. In Abu Dhabi and Dubai my wife vaped in the smoking sections and no eyebrows were ever raised.

Hope this helps!

@Sarx What was your experience of vaping IN the UAE? Airports are international zones and one may do things there which may not be allowed in the country itself. For example, during Ramadan people are still allowed to eat in the international parts of an airport, in public, but may not eat in the country itself. I had this experience when I lived in Oman and travelled back to SA.

@Sarx What was your experience of vaping IN the UAE? Airports are international zones and one may do things there which may not be allowed in the country itself. For example, during Ramadan people are still allowed to eat in the international parts of an airport, in public, but may not eat in the country itself. I had this experience when I lived in Oman and travelled back to SA.

Vaping in the UAE - I had no issues with anyone at all. Just stick to smoking sections and usual etiquette...i.e don't be a douche and blow a big cloud into someone's face etc...

Vaping in the UAE - I had no issues with anyone at all. Just stick to smoking sections and usual etiquette...i.e don't be a douche and blow a big cloud into someone's face etc...

Many thanks for your reply @Sarx!

Back