Everything Cotton - The White Fluff Stuff

DarthBranMuffin

Love Vaping... and muffins...
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Now everyone that has been rebuilding for a while now has found the cotton they love the most with their own personal reasons. For me that is Cotton Bacon V2. It just works for me in both DL and MTL builds and I am used to how it feels and performs.

However I am still trying out the odd "other" cotton now again and after a quick drawer clean-up session realized that I might have a cotton hoarding problem... note to self: Stop Adding Cotton To Orders!

20210505_211617.jpg

What is your favorite go-to white fluff stuff?

Then that also brings me to the next question?

What do you do with your "table scraps"?

Mine ends up in a tin on my desk for various uses:

- cleaning up spills
- drying out RDA's on minor pitstops
- filling airflow slots while juicing and pulsing the Tauren RDTA's on a fresh build
- topping up wicking on more "leaky" decks
- drying out over dripped/squonked RDA's

20210505_212613.jpg

20210505_212631.jpg

Got this yesterday and I have to say it's good. View attachment 229100

Nice, got a pack a few weeks back too, they will work perfectly on the Wotofo SMRT coils as well if for some or other odd reason you run out of cotton but still have mesh strips left (or if you decide to go for a round wire vertical coil build). Still need to try mine out, the Expro is in need of a wicking, think I'll give it a go this weekend!

Now everyone that has been rebuilding for a while now has found the cotton they love the most with their own personal reasons. For me that is Cotton Bacon V2. It just works for me in both DL and MTL builds and I am used to how it feels and performs.

However I am still trying out the odd "other" cotton now again and after a quick drawer clean-up session realized that I might have a cotton hoarding problem... note to self: Stop Adding Cotton To Orders!

View attachment 229097

What is your favorite go-to white fluff stuff?

Then that also brings me to the next question?

What do you do with your "table scraps"?

Mine ends up in a tin on my desk for various uses:

- cleaning up spills
- drying out RDA's on minor pitstops
- filling airflow slots while juicing and pulsing the Tauren RDTA's on a fresh build
- topping up wicking on more "leaky" decks
- drying out over dripped/squonked RDA's

View attachment 229098

View attachment 229099

CB2 for me as well. Ain't nothin' better I tell ya!

CB Prime is my second choice. Easy to change between V2 and Prime. V2 for me just that little bit easier (softer) to work with.

V2 is also great, but for me, I find Prime slightly better performing specifically in RDA's

Give Royal wick a go and you’ll probably not look back! It’s the finest cotton you can ever touch... This being said, I use any cotton from my stock from the very cheap organic Japanese cotton pads of which I have hundreds to Royal wick with no significant difference in taste or performance.

I just buy whatever is on special, at the moment I have Octocotton in abundance, works great.

Mostly CB v2, but also some Muji for the drippers.

I just buy whatever is on special, at the moment I have Octocotton in abundance, works great.

I tried Octocotton, just could not get on with it at all, still have some of it somewhere, but not close to my tanks to actually use it.

I tried Octocotton, just could not get on with it at all, still have some of it somewhere, but not close to my tanks to actually use it.
I think I'm one the the guys that's doesn't seem to have a problem with cotton, the only cotton I dislike is muji cotton, but that because it's very wasteful peeling everything off and half the pad seems to be gone, but it still wicks fine for me. The flip side is maybe I haven't found a good cotton and I am happy with anything ?

Always been a fan of CBV2 and I also use Cotton Clouds. This weekend I was struggling to get flavour out of a dual coil tank with a fruit type juice using CBV2, thought I was wicking it wrong and found I could only get flavour from it if I wicked just short of the deck flooding, tried many methods. Couldn't understand it. I then tried Cotton Clouds and first try it was full of flavour and wicked perfectly. I have never had this happen before but me vaping a fruit vape is something that almost never happens.

I think I'm one the the guys that's doesn't seem to have a problem with cotton, the only cotton I dislike is muji cotton, but that because it's very wasteful peeling everything off and half the pad seems to be gone, but it still wicks fine for me. The flip side is maybe I haven't found a good cotton and I am happy with anything ?

If you use something and it works for you, then that something is perfect! There are so many opinions on cotton that there will never be just one cotton on the market.

If you use something and it works for you, then that something is perfect! There are so many opinions on cotton that there will never be just one cotton on the market.
Every cotton I have tried works for me, every time I have had a problem with wicking it has been me messing up, I'm just not fussy with cotton, which I'm grateful for!

Always been a fan of CBV2 and I also use Cotton Clouds. This weekend I was struggling to get flavour out of a dual coil tank with a fruit type juice using CBV2, thought I was wicking it wrong and found I could only get flavour from it if I wicked just short of the deck flooding, tried many methods. Couldn't understand it. I then tried Cotton Clouds and first try it was full of flavour and wicked perfectly. I have never had this happen before but me vaping a fruit vape is something that almost never happens.

What tank was this on?

I have always been a fan of Cotton Bacon. I used to use the V1, switched to V2 when it came out and buy a bag of Prime whenever I see it. I cannot tell the difference between V2 and Prime, both work really well.

I haven't tried much else, what I have tied I didn't really like. I could not get the taste right when using "Cotton Candy Collection" and I don't use the cotton that I get with any of my tanks.

I do have a bag of TFC that I got for free with some juice that I've purchased from @razzmatazz recently. I'll give that a go and see how it compares once my current CBP bag gets finished.

The Arbiter

What I have noticed with CBV2 and tight space dual coils is that you have to comb the living nonsense out of the ends before you tuck them in. If not you just have way too much cotton and it is as if the juice stays at the bottom and don't want to run up. Even on my RDTA's I comb out almost half of what it was once I jammed it through the coil. So you can have it tight inside the coil, but thinned out a lot for the juice ports, with space to spare for it to "breathe" as well.

On most Dual RDA's you can just fluff it out and tuck it in, but not on RTA's, it needs a good combing out. Like SMM and Mike Vapes does, some US reviewers like combing out a lot more than UK reviewers.

What I have noticed with CBV2 and tight space dual coils is that you have to comb the living nonsense out of the ends before you tuck them in. If not you just have way too much cotton and it is as if the juice stays at the bottom and don't want to run up. Even on my RDTA's I comb out almost half of what it was once I jammed it through the coil. So you can have it tight inside the coil, but thinned out a lot for the juice ports, with space to spare for it to "breathe" as well.

On most Dual RDA's you can just fluff it out and tuck it in, but not on RTA's, it needs a good combing out. Like SMM and Mike Vapes does, some US reviewers like combing out a lot more than UK reviewers.
Because I was battling, I watched some wicking tutorials and tried various wick lengths, the dam method, the partial dam method, heavy combing ......all sorts. Even switched from 2.5mm coils to 3mm coils. But switching to Cotton Clouds just worked perfectly out the blocks. Very surprising for me.

Because I was battling, I watched some wicking tutorials and tried various wick lengths, the dam method, the partial dam method, heavy combing ......all sorts. Even switched from 2.5mm coils to 3mm coils. But switching to Cotton Clouds just worked perfectly out the blocks. Very surprising for me.

I always hear about the dam method, but f.. me if I can find a tutorial on it.

I always hear about the dam method, but f.. me if I can find a tutorial on it.

It is where you just slightly tuck the cotton in so it just hooks on the edge of the juice port/channel/lip. That way there is space underneath the cotton and the juice port so the juice basically fills up the space underneath the cotton and starts saturating from there (opposed to having your cotton dangle down and hang "in" the juice to suck it up like a straw. Hence the name Dam-Method, as you just dam up the wick ports to stop the juice from running straight through.

If you look at my OBS Engine MTL RTA wicking, you'll get an idea of what it is.

We'll chat on whatsapp too about it.

That is just weird... so if Cotton Clouds works better than CBV2 in the Arbiter, I recon Firebolt Laces will work the charm too on it. Going to have to get my hands on an Arbiter to test it out then... thanks for another nudge down the rabbit hole... :rofl:

It is where you just slightly tuck the cotton in so it just hooks on the edge of the juice port/channel/lip. That way there is space underneath the cotton and the juice port so the juice basically fills up the space underneath the cotton and starts saturating from there (opposed to having your cotton dangle down and hang "in" the juice to suck it up like a straw. Hence the name Dam-Method, as you just dam up the wick ports to stop the juice from running straight through.

If you look at my OBS Engine MTL RTA wicking, you'll get an idea of what it is.

We'll chat on whatsapp too about it.

I seriously need to subscribe to your YouTube channel...

Back