Everything Cotton - The White Fluff Stuff

You need to get some Vape fly Cotton Clouds, same stuff just not in laces
Definitely will, will do a variety of stuff as soon as my plantation runs out, lol.

From a vape cotton discussion on a Aussie vape forum many swear to this as being the "holy grail" of vape cotton. A bit of interesting marketing lingo on it follows..

"Hello comrades! Feast your hungry eyes and starving vapes on this delicious wicking, fresh from a Syberian elite's farm: K.G.B Kotton has arrived!

Absolutely no chemicals and 100% organic tastiness awaits in this tin of wonderous wick, containing a one metre continuous rope for easy work clipping, un- and repacking! Being super heat resistant to boot, it's no wonder why this cotton is ironically setting the vaping world on fire, and unironically touted as the best in the game here in Australia.

If you're a rebuildable lover, you need to try this gear right away. za zda-ró-vye!"

upload_2021-6-28_7-2-53.png

upload_2021-6-28_7-4-32.png

Last edited:
Testing new cotton tonight. Snow Cotton from QP Design. It's a small package but it's tightly packed and there is a fair amount of cotton in the resealable bag. Initial feelings are it's pretty simple to work with and I didn't get any initial cotton taste... not even on the first pull. I rewicked my Arbiter Solo and it's vaping just fine! Let's see how we go with it.
Snow Cotton 1.jpg Snow Cotton 2.jpg

The Snow Cotton from QP Design is lasting pretty well! Day 3 with the same wick and still good!

The Snow Cotton from QP Design is lasting pretty well! Day 3 with the same wick and still good!

Got my hands on some too: first up is a MTL RTA with my usual 75/25 Banana Custard in. And it's keeping up with no cotton taste and no sign of a dry hit (bubbles like a crab out of water). Up next it will go into one of the Tauren RDTA's to see how it goes. Don't think it will disappoint though.

A definite "Must Try" for the CB Prime users.

20210811_154754.jpg

I need to get some new/different cotton. Kinda over CBV2. The last 2 bags have been very inconsistent with the quality. The current bag I’m on just pulls apart. Grumpy.

I need to get some new/different cotton. Kinda over CBV2. The last 2 bags have been very inconsistent with the quality. The current bag I’m on just pulls apart. Grumpy.

I know a guy that can help you out...

But on the subject of CB: The V2 is way fluffier recently than it was, but the Prime might just solve your problem there as it is less fluffy and still works the charm. If not, try out the QP Snow Cotton, it is in between Prime and V2.

But on the subject of CB: The V2 is way fluffier recently than it was, but the Prime might just solve your problem there as it is less fluffy and still works the charm. If not, try out the QP Snow Cotton, it is in between Prime and V2.
42D27702-A038-4296-9891-0E8DD184248C.jpeg

It’s much fluffier and softer. It’s siff.

SWAG, Kendo Gold and Cotton Clouds are the only ones in one long roll I have used.

SWAG works nice for temp control.

Kendo Gold takes a lot of juice, also great for temp control (lasts long) and I tend to split it in half per coil. Also needs a tank or two to break in nicely, got it's own unique taste (like Muji).

Cotton Clouds is ok'ish as a backup cotton for me. But I rather use Firebolt as backup.
I found some fire bolt but it says it’s for 2.5, 3 and 3.5mm but then in the description it says for 3mm.

How does it work for 3mm cause I’m starting to battle more and more with my beautiful arthritis fingers and need an easy option and this might be it I hope.

F82D4236-F0B9-47BF-9218-A4BFCF7EE069.jpeg

I found some fire bolt but it says it’s for 2.5, 3 and 3.5mm but then in the description it says for 3mm.

How does it work for 3mm cause I’m starting to battle more and more with my beautiful arthritis fingers and need an easy option and this might be it I hope.

View attachment 236995

Firebolt is easy to work with: pull through the coil, cut it to size and tuck it in. It is fluffy already so no need to even comb it out.

But, you might find it too fluffy for a 3mm and that it does not fit snug enough in there.

If you want something with a bit more girth but laced, try Coilology Laces (in the round silver tubs), they are a bit chunkier than Firebolt and works just as easy.

View attachment 236995
There are two variants, the red bag like your picture has 3mm laces and some random strips. Then there is a mix pack that has 2.5mm, 3mm and 3.5mm laces.
The 3mm pack is great, all I use in 3mm coils.

Firebolt is easy to work with: pull through the coil, cut it to size and tuck it in. It is fluffy already so no need to even comb it out.

But, you might find it too fluffy for a 3mm and that it does not fit snug enough in there.

If you want something with a bit more girth but laced, try Coilology Laces (in the round silver tubs), they are a bit chunkier than Firebolt and works just as easy.
Shot dude. Will give it go. Worst case I use 2.5mm coils if I want them tighter!

There are two variants, the red bag like your picture has 3mm laces and some random strips. Then there is a mix pack that has 2.5mm, 3mm and 3.5mm laces.
The 3mm pack is great, all I use in 3mm coils.
Thanks @CJB85. I’ll give them a go and hopefully they work!

I only use one mod at a time and it’s a single coil so a pack should last a while even rewicking everyday.

Thanks @CJB85. I’ll give them a go and hopefully they work!

I only use one mod at a time and it’s a single coil so a pack should last a while even rewicking everyday.
Grabbed a pack of the firebolt today and wicked up the druga. Easy peasy and I reckon I could get 3 wicks per lace so that a plus!!

Grabbed a pack of the firebolt today and wicked up the druga. Easy peasy and I reckon I could get 3 wicks per lace so that a plus!!
So 3mm coils were slightly too big for the cotton for my liking. Pulled it down to a 2.5mm and it’s lekker snug now. I think we have a winner :asz:

Coilology Shoelace Cotton:

Tried it in my Dual Coil Tauren RDTA tonight. Easy to use with minimal offcuts/wasting. Super fluffy and wicks from the word go. Did not need to fluff and trim it. No cotton taste either. But... even though it says 3mm it does not fit snug in a 3mm coil, too loose and fluffy. Will work better with a 2.5mm coil, so will be using it in the MTL RTA's rather. Very similar to Firebolt laces.

20210820_202245.jpg

And so I got myself some Mavaton X at last from Vaper's Cafe to try and test as suggested by @Mauritz55 and I am glad that he pushed me over the edge to get some.

Bit the bullet and went straight for the 25g pack. Right of the bat: IT IS A BOATLOAD OF COTTON!!! Compared to Cotton Bacon V2 it is easily about 4 times the amount of cotton you get in a pack CBV2. I did not go all volumetric to test, this is just a guess from spreading open the Mavaton and unpacking a pack of CBV2 (fluffed out) on top of it.

First off I stuck it in one of my trusty THC Tauren BF RDTA's to see what it does on flavor and performance.

The cotton feel is soft, but not Firebolt soft. Somewhere in between Firebolt and CBV2 on texture, more towards CBV2. Easy to work with, easy to pinch and twist to go through a coil and if you don't have enough to fit in your coil, just fold it double and off you go. No need for excessive combing out/fluffing the cotton as it is fluffy enough. Takes quite a bit of juice to saturate when wicking it up. First hit (with Blimey as the go-to juice to test it) and it's like vaping Blimey for the first time, hit after hit. And what better way to test the wicking of the cotton than to chain vape on an RDTA... it keeps up just peachy!

Further went and stuck some in a MTL RTA as well (as I use 70/30 juice in my MTL's) and so far it is keeping up to the thicker juice in the MTL RTA as well. It has been keeping up just fine and works as great in the MTL as it does in DL.

I have been on a bit of a cotton-testing journey and know this will not be the end of the journey as there is still sooooo much more to try, but I have the funny feeling that Mavaton X might just replace my CB stash in the not too distant future. Still early days, but will be running the Mavaton through all my RTA's/RDA's/RDTA's one by one to see how it keeps up to my vaping style. It's a Bingo Win for me!

20210829_180805.jpg

Attachments

• 20210827_125022.jpg
    20210827_125022.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 29
Am I the only one that isn't impressed with TFC Elite?:(

I am currently trying a bag but I think I'm going to revert to CB Prime once it's done.

Am I the only one that isn't impressed with TFC Elite?:(

I am currently trying a bag but I think I'm going to revert to CB Prime once it's done.

Have not tried it yet, is still on my list to get and test out.

What is your experience (good/bad) with it, give us some more detail and feedback on it?

Have not tried it yet, is still on my list to get and test out.

What is your experience (good/bad) with it, give us some more detail and feedback on it?

Two issues:
1. It takes quite a bit of time to break in and get rid of the cotton taste.

2. It splits in the coil way sooner.

(Both of the above is compared to CB V2 and CB Prime).

And so I got myself some Mavaton X at last from Vaper's Cafe to try and test as suggested by @Mauritz55 and I am glad that he pushed me over the edge to get some.

Bit the bullet and went straight for the 25g pack. Right of the bat: IT IS A BOATLOAD OF COTTON!!! Compared to Cotton Bacon V2 it is easily about 4 times the amount of cotton you get in a pack CBV2. I did not go all volumetric to test, this is just a guess from spreading open the Mavaton and unpacking a pack of CBV2 (fluffed out) on top of it.

First off I stuck it in one of my trusty THC Tauren BF RDTA's to see what it does on flavor and performance.

The cotton feel is soft, but not Firebolt soft. Somewhere in between Firebolt and CBV2 on texture, more towards CBV2. Easy to work with, easy to pinch and twist to go through a coil and if you don't have enough to fit in your coil, just fold it double and off you go. No need for excessive combing out/fluffing the cotton as it is fluffy enough. Takes quite a bit of juice to saturate when wicking it up. First hit (with Blimey as the go-to juice to test it) and it's like vaping Blimey for the first time, hit after hit. And what better way to test the wicking of the cotton than to chain vape on an RDTA... it keeps up just peachy!

Further went and stuck some in a MTL RTA as well (as I use 70/30 juice in my MTL's) and so far it is keeping up to the thicker juice in the MTL RTA as well. It has been keeping up just fine and works as great in the MTL as it does in DL.

I have been on a bit of a cotton-testing journey and know this will not be the end of the journey as there is still sooooo much more to try, but I have the funny feeling that Mavaton X might just replace my CB stash in the not too distant future. Still early days, but will be running the Mavaton through all my RTA's/RDA's/RDTA's one by one to see how it keeps up to my vaping style. It's a Bingo Win for me!

View attachment 237968
I have some in the cupboard that I really must try. You've convinced me with your well worded essay above, young sir.

Back