Everything Cotton - The White Fluff Stuff

Two issues:
1. It takes quite a bit of time to break in and get rid of the cotton taste.

2. It splits in the coil way sooner.

(Both of the above is compared to CB V2 and CB Prime).

On nr 1 it can be a few issues, including actual cotton taste and wicking speed that will affect that, will only be able to comment on that once I have tried the actual cotton.

On nr 2:

What coils are you using, ohms, power and spaced/contact?
What juice are you using, fruits, deserts, sweet/not sweet?
Do you wick light and lose or do you wick tight?

Why I ask this is because certain sweet juices at high power creates cotton collapse (the split in the middle) quicker. Also juice that contains high concentration of Litchi. A way around it is to switch to Temp Control, that will reduce your chance of cotton collapse. Also, if you are using contact coils, try spacing them and wicking it a bit tighter so you dont have empty pockets between cotton and coil for the juice to sit in.

On nr 1 it can be a few issues, including actual cotton taste and wicking speed that will affect that, will only be able to comment on that once I have tried the actual cotton.

On nr 2:

What coils are you using, ohms, power and spaced/contact?
What juice are you using, fruits, deserts, sweet/not sweet?
Do you wick light and lose or do you wick tight?

Why I ask this is because certain sweet juices at high power creates cotton collapse (the split in the middle) quicker. Also juice that contains high concentration of Litchi. A way around it is to switch to Temp Control, that will reduce your chance of cotton collapse. Also, if you are using contact coils, try spacing them and wicking it a bit tighter so you dont have empty pockets between cotton and coil for the juice to sit in.

This applies to my two daily setups (Reload 24 with 3.0mm ID Aliens + Pulse V2 RDA with 2.5mm ID Aliens) as well as my wife's Recurve Single RDA (2.5mm ID alien).

The cotton splits far quicker in all setups than they did with CB P (using the same rotation of juice for years). And I've always wicked everything tight.

This applies to my two daily setups (Reload 24 with 3.0mm ID Aliens + Pulse V2 RDA with 2.5mm ID Aliens) as well as my wife's Recurve Single RDA (2.5mm ID alien).

The cotton splits far quicker in all setups than they did with CB P (using the same rotation of juice for years). And I've always wicked everything tight.

Very interesting... will have to get my hands on some then.

Anyone else have a similar experience with TFC Elite that can shed some light on it for us?

Very interesting... will have to get my hands on some then.

Anyone else have a similar experience with TFC Elite that can shed some light on it for us?

I used TFC for ages and I really enjoyed it... I rewick every day or at a push every second day and never had an issue. But I think I may be the exception and most people probably only change wicks once a week or so...
TFC Rewick 5.jpg

I used TFC for ages and I really enjoyed it... I rewick every day or at a push every second day and never had an issue. But I think I may be the exception and most people probably only change wicks once a week or so...
View attachment 238039
nope, I rewick everyday as well, I'm a snob like that as well :giggle:

Thunderhead Creations Tauren Cotton Laces:

Super easy to work with, tried it in the THC Tauren BF RDTA (3mm coils). Fits perfect, needed a slight comb out. Not over fluffy, also not too soft to work with. The aglets makes it easy to thread. Wicking keeps up with "normal" and chain vaping. No cotton flavor to deal with either. Is a bit long as I only needed two thirds of the length to wick the RDTA, so I lost a third in the process (next time I'll keep the extra bit to use again in another tank).

Will be kept in the arsenal of cotton for future use, will pack it for road-trips.

20210901_122645.jpg

Attachments

• 20210901_121551.jpg
    20210901_121551.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210901_120725.jpg
    20210901_120725.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 21
Up for testing, ThunderHead Creations Cotton.

20210918_153605.jpg

This is one long string of cotton. At first I thought it was a bit thin for a 3mm coil, but it fits nicely, and being able to thread it through the coil and cutting the desired length makes for a lot less wasting of cotton. After a few tank refills it does seem that the cotton does not swell a lot and you get that "under wicked" crackle of juice, but no spit-back.

It does need a good fluffing out as it is quite compacted, but it does not need a lot of trimming.

Feels a bit harder than Cotton Bacon Prime, but not a nasty hard feeling.

Takes a bit of time to break in nicely, even with pre juicing and pulsing to get things going smoothly. Leaves a little cotton flavor in the mouth for a couple of hits and then it goes away completely.

As usual I am running it in a Tauren RDTA and the wicking keeps up with casual and chain vaping.

I want to say just good things about it, being THC and all, but I cannot. It does not do the flavor justice though, Cotton Bacon (Prime and V2) brings out the flavor better. The Tauren Laces I tested previously also performs better on the flavor front.

I can't see it replacing any other cotton I use and it won't make my shopping list again.

Found this little pack of gems at Clicks this morning, will be giving it a try in a couple of setups during the week and see where/if it works...

20220129_144714.jpg

I've been trying out Royal Wicks cotton, and I have to say I hate it :-D It's a mission to get the right amount I want apart from the rest, and it thins out too much at the slightest touch. I'm going back to my usual cotton bacon v2.

Back