Evic VT: Initial thoughts..

• Thread starter wikked
  • Start date
Got mine for just over a week now, and I think it's the best mod on the market today. It excels in every aspect, and I haven't had any of the pre release issues. The orange is awesome! I agree with you on the Ego One Mega tank and coils, the wick holes is just too small for the juice feed to keep up. The first two or three drags is always dense and flavourful, but after a couple drags in a row, you can see and taste the decline.
The battery lasts through about 4 tanks worth of juice in the Ego One Mega (4ml) tank, with the VT60 set to 40W and 280 deg C. For some reason I prefer the titanium ego coil ever so slightly over the nickel.

It has been just over 24 hours and about 4 tanks. Build my first Ni coil on the subtank mini with some help from good friends today.
image.jpg
26 gauge 10 wraps And the TC is awesome.
Battery still going without a charge

If you do decide to use a different tank other than the standard tank remember this...

Its coming Its coming the Dry hit is coming lol

Keen to see how they perform though over a period of time.

Lol @Paulie I have been trying to break it with the subtank and no dry hits but it is still early days. May also be the little blue bottle of secret juice I picked up this agternoon lol

Put mine to charge last night. Did not blow up. Feel let down.

08CDE9492.gif

Couple weeks in. No battery rattle. No issue with temp control in Ti or Ni mode, have run a couple different temp control builds through it.

Battery life is excellent, currently have my Subtank Plus on it in VW mode.

Oh, it still hasn't blown up.

Also very happy with mine, been running 0.06 ohm Ni in the subtank.
Mine has also not blown up yet

Also very happy with mine, and I am lurvin the Ego One Mega tank. But I mouth to lung and like a tighter draw. Closing it 90% produces just the right draw and temp. Seems like the more you close it, the better flavour it produces. Currently my favourite tank.

Only issue Im having is the temperature spike when coming out of sleep mode. Im on 18W,so it is definitely noticeable. Meh, whatever :p

Edit: running the 1ohm CLR coil, have not rebuilt it yet

OK I'm still happy with mine, and I actually prefer the ego one mega over the subtank mini. Unfortunately I got a battery rattle since yesterday without ever having dropped the device. It feels like the battery is loose and knocking on the metal casing when the device is tilted/shaken. Don't know of it's dangerous in any sense and I have charged it twice since the rattle with no issues though. Still deciding if I should take it back to the vendor for a warranty replacement.

@wikked - randomly blowing up? Gz haven't heard about that but now very curious!

With DNA40 prices quite low (in anticipation of the 200?), e.g. vaporshark DNA40's down to $100, I'd be very interested to hear more about how this mod compares to the newest of the DNA40 chips if anyone out there has both and would share some details. They're now fairly closely priced and a decision some of us had to make (or are busy making)

Back