Evic VT: Initial thoughts..

• Thread starter wikked
  • Start date
W

wikked

So having received my Evic Yesterday, I vaped myself into a coma. I have finally awoken and decided to post my initial thoughts.

Build Quality: Seriously, for a device costing less than R1500, this device feels premium. The paint finish is flawless. The included silicon pouch is super convenient if you are a clumsy oaf like me and occasionally drop your mods.

Interface: The screen is clear and bright. Seriously, why do we put up with tiny screens?
READ THE MANUAL!!! It will help understand how to correctly toggle between modes. Also, temp in Degrees Celcius is a nice touch. I would call the temp control idiot proof, but you're always going to get that one dude that tries to chuck 60W at a nickel coil and kill himself.

Ego One Mega Tank: Meh, it's ok. Not terrible but not mind blowing either. Will be filling my trusty subtank with a temp control build to see how it performs. Having tried a tank of looper and strawberry lemonade through the nickel coil, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of vape I was getting.
My throat is sensitive (insert penis jokes here), and it seems that temp control suits my vaping needs better. Time will tell

The Elephant in the Room: I'm aware of the issues many reviewers have had including: Mod switching randomly between temp control modes, failed 510 connectors and battery rattle when battery life is below 50%.
Also, randomly blowing up.

I have not have any of these issues. Yet.
Other Evic buyers, please feel free to share your thoughts.

Regrets? Yes. I should have taken the Orange/Yellow option

All thought posted here are my opinion. If you don't like it, well, sucks to be you

So having received my Evic Yesterday, I vaped myself into a coma. I have finally awoken and decided to post my initial thoughts.

Build Quality: Seriously, for a device costing less than R1500, this device feels premium. The paint finish is flawless. The included silicon pouch is super convenient if you are a clumsy oaf like me and occasionally drop your mods.

Interface: The screen is clear and bright. Seriously, why do we put up with tiny screens?
READ THE MANUAL!!! It will help understand how to correctly toggle between modes. Also, temp in Degrees Celcius is a nice touch. I would call the temp control idiot proof, but you're always going to get that one dude that tries to chuck 60W at a nickel coil and kill himself.

Ego One Mega Tank: Meh, it's ok. Not terrible but not mind blowing either. Will be filling my trusty subtank with a temp control build to see how it performs. Having tried a tank of looper and strawberry lemonade through the nickel coil, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of vape I was getting.
My throat is sensitive (insert penis jokes here), and it seems that temp control suits my vaping needs better. Time will tell

The Elephant in the Room: I'm aware of the issues many reviewers have had including: Mod switching randomly between temp control modes, failed 510 connectors and battery rattle when battery life is below 50%.

All thought posted here are my opinion. If you don't like it, well, sucks to be you
What color option did you take @wikked ?

What color option did you take @wikked ?
def5533d3af65dee804a556bff5de4dc.jpg

Good looking mod. :)

Mine is on hold at the moment (waiting for money to clear)

You can always buy a white one. Then get some red and black paint and paint the Martini Racing colors on. ;):--P

Also like my Evic VT, the tank is not my cup of tea....The wife can use it on her Evic....Any1 tried the kanger subtank plus on the Evic yet....Looks like it will fit maybe a little bit overhang...

Have you noticed a slight buzz sound.... Kinda like the night core chargers

waiting for mine...
hopefully Vapecartel's stock gets delivered Thursday..:)

The pitch you guys are hearing during vaping is pwm. Pretty normal it wont blow up on you

Hi. i have both black and orange. Supremely happy with them. I also have 2 DNA40 authentic and must say that the VT performs much better in every way. And my mind is blown. Also for the high pitch sound, it is in both the VT's, but there is also a ticking sound like a watch. Sounds like a time bomb counting down. But my over all impressions of the device is, excellent and well done Joyetech.

Hi. i have both black and orange. Supremely happy with them. I also have 2 DNA40 authentic and must say that the VT performs much better in every way. And my mind is blown. Also for the high pitch sound, it is in both the VT's, but there is also a ticking sound like a watch. Sounds like a time bomb counting down. But my over all impressions of the device is, excellent and well done Joyetech.
Thanks for the feedback bud.

I have a question. When you say performs better than the dna40 in every way, what ways are you referring to?

Someone wanted to know what the Subtank Plus looks like on this device
048750ead7e293dcc1261822d7a63b76.jpg

Please remember, this is only my opinion in what I have noticed with my devices. The temp control is noticeably faster reacting (dry cotton burn) and reacts better at full power, even at 30W the Vt maintains the temp better than the DNA40 for me, not seeking so much to stay on the degrees that you set it on. The user functionality is a better design, easier to use with 1 finger when driving setting the temp. I am not down thumbing my DNA40, it's my every day vape even though it's the early versions.

I'm so jealous. Mine is only arriving next week

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

A PBusardo Review - Joyetech eVic-VT

Great writeup @wikked
Thanks for sharing your views and i enjoyed reading it

Lol, "insert penis jokes here" - ha ha

O
Also like my Evic VT, the tank is not my cup of tea....The wife can use it on her Evic....Any1 tried the kanger subtank plus on the Evic yet....Looks like it will fit maybe a little bit overhang...
Got my Subtank Plus and Ni 200 coils from Skyblue today....It's almost flush with the Evic....Maybe halve a mill overhanging but not too ugly....Monster complete (5000mah / 7ml)....:dance::dance::dance:

O
Got my Subtank Plus and Ni 200 coils from Skyblue today....It's almost flush with the Evic....Maybe halve a mill overhanging but not too ugly....Monster complete (5000mah / 7ml)....:dance::dance::dance:
Let us know if it jumps out of temp control mode?

Back