Evod Coil

hands

Some profound text goes here
LV

Awards
i got some kanthal 32g and some silica 2mm wick to try my hand at coiling. making coils for the evod turns out to be really easy, quick and fun.i must say that it is very satisfying when you vape on a coil that you made yourself. i know its not rocket science and that it is only a evod coil but it put a big smile on my face and i am vaping like a boss.

Lol... You should see the ugly ass coil I have now. It wouldn't work, turns out it was too high and it was touching the stem.

So I had to get back in there and move it around.

But hey, ugly works.

You should try cotton wick. I prefer it, gives more flavour. Boiled first, organic cotton.

Have never had the courage to try it myself, but from all accounts the diy coil and wick will outperform the commercial one. Well done.

i will try some cotton next i have two more to coil and will do them in cotton.

Well done! Motivation for me. Best pic - clearest pic i've seen so far. Did you wrap the wire around the wick or you managed to pull it in?

Well done! Motivation for me. Best pic - clearest pic i've seen so far. Did you wrap the wire around the wick or you managed to pull it in?

i wrapped it around the wick

i got some kanthal 32g and some silica 2mm wick to try my hand at coiling. making coils for the evod turns out to be really easy, quick and fun.i must say that it is very satisfying when you vape on a coil that you made yourself. i know its not rocket science and that it is only a evod coil but it put a big smile on my face and i am vaping like a boss.
That is where it all started for me...
Bought a piece of wire, some silica and recoiled a protank(evod).
Now I don't do commercial coils at all. I actually bought a pack some time ago, and have not even used them yet!
Get a Kayfun!

well done dude. also started rebuilding protank/evod coils, and you're right, vape just seems so much better on a home made coil by far

There's no point in me starting a new thread, I'll just make double sure and ask here.

I bought 28g kanthal to rebuild EVOD coils. So it works, but I can't fit enough wraps to make higher than around 1,4ohm coils. I want higher resistance to save my MVP battery life.

Also sometimes there's a slight delay in firing up.

So I should get 30 or 32g next time? From what I gather the higher the guage, the thinner the wire, correct?

There's no point in me starting a new thread, I'll just make double sure and ask here.

I bought 28g kanthal to rebuild EVOD coils. So it works, but I can't fit enough wraps to make higher than around 1,4ohm coils. I want higher resistance to save my MVP battery life.

So I should get 30 or 32g next time? From what I gather the higher the guage, the thinner the wire, correct?
You are correct, thinner wire will mean you need less wraps to get a higher resistance. It also heats up faster. The thinner the wire the trickier it is to work with though, 32g is very springy, torching it before you wrap your coil helps to reduce the springiness and helps it keep it's shape. A mini blow torch is ideal for this but an ordinary lighter will work too.

You are correct, thinner wire will mean you need less wraps to get a higher resistance. It also heats up faster. The thinner the wire the trickier it is to work with though, 32g is very springy, torching it before you wrap your coil helps to reduce the springiness and helps it keep it's shape. A mini blow torch is ideal for this but an ordinary lighter will work too.

Thank you!

Torch lighters are scarce, been looking for one.

Thank you!

Torch lighters are scarce, been looking for one.
A regular bic lighter works just fine, it's what I use, never bothered with the torch. Just unwind a length of wire, about the length that you're going to use and slowly run it through the flame making sure that it glows a bright orange, you will actually see it lose the will to live as you go along :)

I use 30g kanthal which works great, using either a 1mm ID / 12wrap or a 2mm ID / 6-7 wrap and it's easy to work with :nerd:

isnt the evod coil the same as the old protank coils? i comfortable wrap a 10 wrap microcoil and fit one inside the old protank cups. comes in at 1.7 ohms, 2mm id, 28 gauge kanthal. works a treat.

isnt the evod coil the same as the old protank coils?

same thing as far as i know. there might be a difference on the post length but coiling it should be the same.

isnt the evod coil the same as the old protank coils? i comfortable wrap a 10 wrap microcoil and fit one inside the old protank cups. comes in at 1.7 ohms, 2mm id, 28 gauge kanthal. works a treat.

Ye it is.

I think the ID I am using is around 2mm. The problem I'm having is when you blow torch it to keep the coils tight, mine aren't quite sitting tight, because I'm using a lighter. So 10 wraps looks as though it might be a bit tight.

think hard, anyone you know with a chef's torch they not using? go visit them and borrow it for say a month or twelve

Back