Evod Coil

think hard, anyone you know with a chef's torch they not using? go visit them and borrow it for say a month or twelve

What's annoying is I've had pretty serious elec lighters in the past that would do the trick.

Those wind proof jobs...
I was given two. Haven't seen them in years.

What's annoying is I've had pretty serious elec lighters in the past that would do the trick.

Those wind proof jobs...
I was given two. Haven't seen them in years.
Lol, yes....and they never worked when they had to.

I still have a Windmill lighter that stays in the boat for bad weather... well now that I don't smoke it has moved out the boat but it's no where near as good at torching kanthal as my daughter's creme brule lighter is!

windmill-delta-storm-lighter.jpg

There's no point in me starting a new thread, I'll just make double sure and ask here.

I bought 28g kanthal to rebuild EVOD coils. So it works, but I can't fit enough wraps to make higher than around 1,4ohm coils. I want higher resistance to save my MVP battery life.

Also sometimes there's a slight delay in firing up.

So I should get 30 or 32g next time? From what I gather the higher the guage, the thinner the wire, correct?

Hey @r0gue z0mbie , i will echo @ET's comment
I used to make my Evod coils on a 1.5mm screwdriver with 28g. 10 wraps was about 1.6 ohms
I tried to wrap it very tight and although youre not supposed to pinch and squeeze once installed incase you burn the rubber grommet i did it a little bit, not long pulses and with a tweezer that could get in there. Worked like a charm
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/show-us-your-working-wick-and-coil-setup.246/page-40#post-21558

Just be careful with too big a diameter that you dont end up touching the chimney cap when you put it on

If you want different wire, yes, go for 30g. Its thinner than 28g and you will be able to achieve higher resistance

Last edited:
Hey @r0gue z0mbie , i will echo @ET's comment
I used to make my Evod coils on a 1.5mm screwdriver with 28g. 10 wraps was about 1.6 ohms
I tried to wrap it very tight and although youre not supposed to pinch and squeeze once installed incase you burn the rubber grommet i did it a little bit, not long pulses and with a tweezer that could get in there. Worked like a charm
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/show-us-your-working-wick-and-coil-setup.246/page-40#post-21558

Just be careful with too big a diameter that you dont end up touching the chimney cap when you put it on

If you want different wire, yes, go for 30g. Its thinner than 28g and you will be able to achieve higher resistance

Thank you, I'm going to get 30g next.

I got to 9 wraps yesterday and got to 1.5 ohms. The battery did last until 11:00 pm from morning, vaping on around 8watts.

But I prefer vaping on higher watts with menthol and fruit juices. So ideally I want to get to 16ohms.

Back