Failing diy causing me to resort to stinkies!!!

Nailedit77

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I have been doing diy for a couple of months now, most of my mixes tastes horrible or just bland like raw vg/pg....

Ive keep spending money on diy stuff, mixes not working out. I buy a couple of premium liquids to keep me going until i can tastes my mixes...

The problem is now,
I cannot keep buying diy and joose as the cost is getting out of hand and i end up falling back to stinkies :(

Can anyone please help me with some basic recipes so i dont resort to stinkies...

I Cut down from a box a day to like 2 a day, but when my joose tastes like garbage and i have no other joose, stinkies are my fall back and i hate it.

Hey @Sickboy77 I don't DIY but there are tons of clone and ready to mix recipes on here that you can follow. I'm sure one of the many DIY gurus will step in and assess what the problem with your DIY results may be. Don't despair, there's no better platform to get you sorted. Hang in there.

Keep calm and ... I forget

Hwsit buddy

DIY is supposed to be fun and I intend to help restore that in your life !

Let's start with something simple - please list what concentrates you have

What premium juices (Flavour profiles) do you enjoy

i second Shaun. if you give us a list of your concentrates we can try give you something vapable from what you already have... leave the lung pills alone.. we are here to help.
also as Shaun says if you give us some idea of the profiles you like it can help.
Think of us as your support group, or the tooth fairy, your choice

Also go back to basics on your mixing technique... clean dedicated needles for each flavour bottle, clean mixing and storage containers.. dont double dip.. ever.
clean syringe for each new mix. never contaminate a flavourant by backwashing if you accidentally over draw.
simple things can ruin otherwise good mixes or flavourants

Howzit guys, thanks so much for all the replies.

Here is what I have in my kit bag:
Watermelon - Skyblue
Apple By TFA - Skyblue
Black Cherry - Skyblue
Boysenberry - Skyblue
Dairy Milk - Skyblue
DK Base - Skyblue
French Vanilla - Skyblue
Harvest Berry - Skyblue
Kiwi Double - Skyblue
Pina Colada - Skyblue
Pineapple - Skyblue
Red Liquorice - Skyblue
Spearmint - Skyblue
Strawberry (Ripe) - Skyblue
Vanilla custard - Skyblue
Vanilla Swirl - Skyblue
Whipped Cream - Skyblue
Smooth - Skyblue
Cinnamon danish - Skyblue
Lemon & lime - Skyblue
Sweet cream - Skyblue
Greek yogurt - Skyblue

Cinnamon Ceylon - Valley vapour
Coconut Extra - Valley Vapour
Cotton Candy - Valley vapour
Blueberry - Valley vapour
Koolada - Valley vapour
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - Valley vapour
Vanilla Custard v2 - Valley vapour

Been enjoying the following;

Pining juliet - wild wibery
Milk lab - frappe
Hazeworks - scream and sunset
Skyblue - creme criton
Skyblue - happy holidays

To ease your mind, you are not alone. i have been DIYing for 6months now and can confirm i have jooses that are crap. but after some hard youtubing and research, i was able to make a few good ones. so good i will be beta testing some at the next vape meet. i am no pro at this but i assure you that it is possible. DIY or Die's vids on youtube are good and easy to learn from. the advice above is also key. any wrong move can make or break a joose. super easy and super joose recipe below:

3% banana TFA
1% Dulce de leche VapeOwave
2% hazelnut Flavorwest

i use a 60/40 VG PG mix, and 3mg strength PG Nic base.

this can be made with other brands dependant on where you buy from.

I have also yet to create a DIY that can be my ADV. I think it sounds easier than it is in practice, you just got to keep up with it. Also makes you understand why R150 for a local mix that tastes like the sweet nectar of the Gods is well worth it!

Yea I know, R150 for a joose is not bad considering what goes into it.

One mix that I made seems to be getting better with each attempt

Tigers blood clone - 70/30
coco extra @ 1%
ripe @ 7%
watermelon @ 3%
pineapple @ 0.2%

@Sickboy77 , ripe?

coco extra @ 1%
ripe @ 7%
watermelon @ 3%
pineapple @ 0.2%

@Sickboy77 ... When you leave them to steep, are you leaving them with the caps off? I only picked up on that little nugget last week, and up until then all my mixes were real harsh and quite dry. I'm hoping that steeping them uncapped will fix this, but haven't got to try the results yet.

I was bummed before about my mixes.
Things I've learnt:
Use TFA smooth or TFA marshmallow at 3% or less to make your juice smoother and less harsh.
Add 1% sour to fruits to make them taste fruitier.
Add some sweetner.
There is no substitute for steeping.
I'm currently enjoying 6%Cap vanilla bean ice cream with 6% TFA sweet strawberry and 2% TFA smooth .
Tastes like a strawberry milkshake with vanilla.

ok will inbox you a few ideas to try, you dont have all needed for any of my complete recipes, but i have been doing this for long enough to be able to get you something vapable out of what you have, hope we get you back on track..

just noticed that you only list the supplying local vendor, and not the manufacturer. may help if you can update that at some point. till then i will be making assumptions.

Choose a flavour, make 10 variants (measuring and noting each one's composition very carefully), let steep for 2 weeks, taste all 10 variants for a few hours each, select the top 3. Make another batch of those 3 let steep for 2 weeks and hope the measuring and notes were accurate so that results are the same, choose the best.

Rinse and repeat for the next flavour.

@Sickboy77 ... When you leave them to steep, are you leaving them with the caps off? I only picked up on that little nugget last week, and up until then all my mixes were real harsh and quite dry. I'm hoping that steeping them uncapped will fix this, but haven't got to try the results yet.
I let them air for a couple hours then close and put in dark place for a week or two. Check them and mostly taste, if not right i put away for another week

just noticed that you only list the supplying local vendor, and not the manufacturer. may help if you can update that at some point. till then i will be making assumptions.
I will update list asap

I let them air for a couple hours then close and put in dark place for a week or two. Check them and mostly taste, if not right i put away for another week
As I said, none of my mixes have finished steeping with this method yet, so maybe someone more experienced can vouch for this method. But atm I am leaving the caps off, and every day just squeezing out the air and "refreshing" it.

I shake them like a prostitute with parkinsons on a profitable night and then taste.
Come back in a few hours and repeat.
I like tasting how flavours mature.

I failed at DIY for months and months.

The best thing I would suggest to any new DIY'ER to get you vaping DIY, is follow a few good recipes to the tee. Don't substitute anything.

Buy your concentrates according to what you need for those particular recipes.

If you look through the DIY section there's feedback on recipes other users have tried. So you can pick out the good ones.

It's extremely difficult to start and straight off the bat try to come up with your own stuff.

Buy a milk frother to shake your mix up. Let everything steep for two weeks. Give it a shake and open the bottle every few days just to let out the air on top out, and close it up after a few seconds.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

coco extra @ 1%
ripe @ 7%
watermelon @ 3%
pineapple @ 0.2%

When you vape this mix what exactly about it don't you like? Is it Harsh? Is it not sweet enough? Is it too sweet?

try a few of these as a safe start. i have not tried any of the recipes below as they stand, but am pretty confident that you will get a vapable juice out of these.

cap harvest berry @ 4-7%
tpa french vanilla @ 2%
tpa strawberry ripe 1 - 3 %
tpa sweet cream 2,5%
tpa vanilla bean ice cream @ 3%

This shouldnt really need sweetening, but will be better with a few days steep
if its not sweet enough you can add 1-2 % cotton candy

should be a pretty mellow smooth berry vape.

really need to know which blueberry that is... they vary in strength and profile massively from one manufacturer to another.

try tpa cinnamon danish - 3 - 5%(dont go too heavy too fast here)
sweet cream 2%
blueberry use below as a guide depending on your brand
tpa 6-8%
Fa 0.75 - 2%
cap 6 - 9%
tpa vanilla swirl 2,5
fa cinnamon cylon 0.5%

Will need time to steep.. 4 days plus
should be quite a safe mix

vanilla bean ice cream 5%
vanilla custard 5
coconut extra 1,5%

this will give you a mellow custard. try it alone first, afterwards you can try adding strawberry ripe 6%
or a berry etc.

the above should give you a start.. keep notes work clean and once you have a few standbys you can expand your range.. i am sure you will not be sure of help here.

good luck stay strong

Thanks
try a few of these as a safe start. i have not tried any of the recipes below as they stand, but am pretty confident that you will get a vapable juice out of these.

cap harvest berry @ 4-7%
tpa french vanilla @ 2%
tpa strawberry ripe 1 - 3 %
tpa sweet cream 2,5%
tpa vanilla bean ice cream @ 3%

This shouldnt really need sweetening, but will be better with a few days steep
if its not sweet enough you can add 1-2 % cotton candy

should be a pretty mellow smooth berry vape.

really need to know which blueberry that is... they vary in strength and profile massively from one manufacturer to another.

try tpa cinnamon danish - 3 - 5%(dont go too heavy too fast here)
sweet cream 2%
blueberry use below as a guide depending on your brand
tpa 6-8%
Fa 0.75 - 2%
cap 6 - 9%
tpa vanilla swirl 2,5
fa cinnamon cylon 0.5%

Will need time to steep.. 4 days plus
should be quite a safe mix

vanilla bean ice cream 5%
vanilla custard 5
coconut extra 1,5%

this will give you a mellow custard. try it alone first, afterwards you can try adding strawberry ripe 6%
or a berry etc.

the above should give you a start.. keep notes work clean and once you have a few standbys you can expand your range.. i am sure you will not be sure of help here.

good luck stay strong
Thanks bud, will give them a go and see.
Here is an updated list of my flavours

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-26-09-06-30.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-26-09-06-30.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 49
Back