Fast tech

Awwwww man, my fasttech ordered topbox got "LOST" by sapo at Cassie town mail hub. Am I right in assuming they will issue a refund?

Not fasttech. They are not responsible. You'll have to claim against the postal service. FT did not lose your package, SAPO did.

It's at customs. You might need to visit the mailhub.

I contacted them , they said they need to assess it and get back to me. It's been there for days and they still need to assess it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I contacted them , they said they need to assess it and get back to me. It's been there for days and they still need to assess it .

Same thing happened to me with my RX200. They didn't have any reason to hold it though. So weird.

Same thing happened to me with my RX200. They didn't have any reason to hold it though. So weird.

I know they very inefficient, they aren't assessing it, I have called them many times and they said they will assess it and let me know what's happening from there. They don't call me back , when I call them back it's the same thing all over again and 99% of the call is me getting transferred around the entire place.

So I placed an order with Fasttech, and used the DHL option. It is not much faster (25days), because they ship the goods to Germany before being routed to RSA. Tracking is available which is nice, and with me being in Joburg, I collect directly from EMS, and don't wait for the post office notification.
View attachment 55929

Hey @WARMACHINE

Hoping you can assist. I often order from fasttech and was wondering how and where you go about collecting straight from EMS? Any advice will be appreciated. I've heard of people going directly there but not to sure where and how?

Hey @WARMACHINE

Hoping you can assist. I often order from fasttech and was wondering how and where you go about collecting straight from EMS? Any advice will be appreciated. I've heard of people going directly there but not to sure where and how?

Your first step is to catch the parcel in time. Log in and track the parcel, if the parcel says "FROM CUSTOMS" you are in time. Give International Mail Center call centre a call and tell them to hold the parcel for you (this is also touch and go operation). Essentially you have a small window of 3-5 days before the parcel leaves the HUB and changes status to "IN TRANSIT".

I have been told by International Mail Center before that I should call in advance and tell them to hold the parcel at the front desk for me at Jet Park however I have done this twice and called a few times and the jack of all trades that answers the phone never has the same answer.

My general rule is to wait for the parcel to be out of customs then make it to International Mail Center to collect, this is the same process as collecting at the post office (ID, Cash Only) and are located at Jet Park. Their weekend hours are 8-11am so its difficult at times for me to make it. I have however been very lucky with my Post Box and parcels as parcels are generally at the post office "first notification" 2 days later after being in transit.

I use one of the following numbers, each have their own success rate:

011 9616006
011 9616007
011 9616200

Last edited:
Hey @WARMACHINE

Phoning is useless, unless you know someone that works at EMS.

SAPO / EMS tracking service is http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/

If you are using the free delivery service, you will not see this tracking information until SAPO have to arriving in RSA.

DHL postage, gives you tracking information from origin

Soon as you see the parcel as "held by customs" you can collect at the JHB International mail centre.

It takes them at least a week to clear, so don't worry if you a day or 2 later than the notification. Most of the time, they have no idea what clearing code to use. Tell them it is Outdoor Equipment or Toys.

Unfortunately there is no other way of communicating with these guys other than visiting the actual mail centre - https://www.emssouthafrica.co.za/ContactUs/johannesburg.html

I collect all my FT items like this, as the process of getting from JHB International to my Randburg Post office can take anywhere between 2 to 10 weeks, depending on who is on strike etc.

Capture.JPG

If you are using the free delivery service, you will not see this tracking information until SAPO have to arriving in RSA.

Soon as you see the parcel as "held by customs" you can collect at the JHB International mail centre.

It takes them at least a week to clear, so don't worry if you a day or 2 later than the notification. Most of the time, they have no idea what clearing code to use. Tell them it is Outdoor Equipment or Toys.

Unfortunately there is no other way of communicating with these guys other than visiting the actual mail centre - https://www.emssouthafrica.co.za/ContactUs/johannesburg.html

I collect all my FT items like this, as the process of getting from JHB International to my Randburg Post office can take anywhere between 2 to 10 weeks, depending on who is on strike etc.

View attachment 56118

Very interesting link there, did not know about that site at all. Thanks for that, saved and bookmarked. Different sites will post different status updates hence my terminology used to. Thanks for the heads up the EMS simply just doesnt fit within my day and weekends are tough but like your situation its understandable that you would want to collect even a parcel via Ship is quicker than that to you.

Indeed, I would however never ever suggest taking a parcel without a tracking number. I use PostNL or DHL only, the simple fact of having a tracking number is one step less to worry about special with these companies.

View attachment 56118
@WARMACHINE Thanks for you knowledge sharing mate. Will definitely give it a try cause my shit usually also takes longer to get to my post office than it does to get to this country. Thanks

Back