Fasttech can't ship to SA as E-Cigs are banned??

Eish... sure as hell hope none of my packages are lost in transit. They're all registered, but that probably counts for naught. Been a good year for receiving international parcels and hopefully that doesn't change.

I just placed my order, and they are shipping via Switzerland, so I think it is only banned for entry from certain destinations.

Hey Guys!

So I'm trying to put an order through to FastTech but upon selecting South Africa it states:

"E-cigarette products are banned in your shipping country"

A mate of mine put an order through a few weeks ago to them... so this must have happened fairly recently. Last I checked they weren't banned here.... has anyone else heard as much?

I just checked,no shipping option available

If you have batteries or devices with built in batteries, it won't ship.

Edit: I now saw that all shipping options are greyed out. I sent them an email and explained to them that I am a police officer in SA and that e-cigarettes are not banned in this country. I also asked them where they got their information from regarding the "ban". We'll see what they say.

Last edited:
Here is what they offered me

Sorry, if you would like to take up the risk of the customs issue, we can create an order for the item then send the paypal payment link for it, is it ok?

It's the vape mafia stopping you from doing parallel imports!

They probably read/heard about that badly written article on the proposed policy change.

@picautomaton that's Singapore Airlines washing their hands of their part of the responsibility. :D Now the waiting starts. 2 of mine from FT hit that status on 3 August. Just 1 advanced 27 days later, the other is still waiting for processing.

As mentioned, local tracking system is also down. My parcel left Goodwood on 13/11 and it's 17th now. Will check post box at home after lunch and then call local office. Might be there.

Crap time of year for importing stuff. I guess we shouldn't bother how long it takes, but just that it actually gets here.

@picautomaton that's Singapore Airlines washing their hands of their part of the responsibility. :D Now the waiting starts. 2 of mine from FT hit that status on 3 August. Just 1 advanced 27 days later, the other is still waiting for processing.

As mentioned, local tracking system is also down. My parcel left Goodwood on 13/11 and it's 17th now. Will check post box at home after lunch and then call local office. Might be there.

Crap time of year for importing stuff. I guess we shouldn't bother how long it takes, but just that it actually gets here.

Yip absolutely, as long as it gets here.

Boom! Just got one package! :D
Also ... I'd like to apologise to everyone for the issues with the post office tracking service being down... as soon as I collected this parcel, the tracking system started working again. :) Must've been me.

So now I have my mod and a bunch of drip tips and nothing that goes inbetween. :(

I have no Idea how to track the parcel once its here, anyone care to explain? My package was sent via Singapore post so the status has just been the same ever since, is this supposed to update or am I being silly?

Get 17track for android, etc.
That status is saying it's in the country, sitting in a container, waiting for someone to finish having tea and unpack the darn thing.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

OMG, those Chinese idiots at FT are confusing South Africa with Saudi Arabia! I just received a response from them. I quote:
"Sorry to tell you that the e-cigarette and related products already rejected by customs in country (Saudi Arabia) now, there is no shipping way to send your country for the moment."

Someone on the forum said previously I shouldn't call them stupid........well?

Let's just say I see the CAPTCHA popup in 17track more than a few times during the day. I'm refreshing the hell outta that thing. I feel more comfortable as soon as the local system registers the item.

On the other hand, I can actually feel a bit of sympathy for the folks at the post office. No funding, no staff count increases, etc, etc, and they just have to handle it all. I've been to CapeMail a few times this year and I can tell you it's not like they're sitting around doing nothing.

I've also noticed through 17track that there's now a new entry that says "handed over to delivery agent" and I have this feeling they're probably outsourcing the transport due to volume.

I have also ordered and 17track is giving me web error. did you get this? Is stated that it had arrived... Mmmm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SA postal service tracking service seems to be crashing. It was down most of the week, then came back again yesterday but by the time I got home it was dead again. I guess they need to upgrade that old XT. :D

SA postal service tracking service seems to be crashing. It was down most of the week, then came back again yesterday but by the time I got home it was dead again. I guess they need to upgrade that old XT. :D

Geez... I think that will Happen when we get a non corrupt guarvament. oooohhhh well... Hopefully I'll get it when I'm not in CT during the hols. nah...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well folks, I've had enough trying to convince FT that we are not Saudi Arabia. They keep telling me (and this is after I pointed it out on a world map for them) that "there is no shipping option to your country (Saudi Arabia) at this time as your country customs rejects e-cigarette orders"

So that's it. Moving on to other companies.

They will still ship to ZA ,but the customs risk is on you.Just open a ticket with the sku you want and they will send you a paypal link

Back