FastTech??

Anyone bought an ohm reader from fastech not shure wich one to take

Ok because I dont have a bank account but I just wanna make sure I open the write account
You need a credit card, or you need a buddy/family member with a credit card and just pay cash into theirs.

Also, FNB links with PayPal but you will have to talk to them about the best option for this.

A piece of advice, Fasttech's product listings feature up-close, detailed images of the products. I've found it always helps to compare similar products very closely. 9 times out of 10, two similar products listed at two different prices means the lesser is usually of lower quality and it shows in the images. Spend the $1-2 dollars more and you wont be disappointed when your vape mail arrives.

As an example, When I got my derringer from FT, I inspected the images very closely and found that the posts on the cheaper one were shoddy. Same with the SMPL I ordered, only with the SMPL, the difference was on the switch - the cheaper one did not have vent holes and the edges were very sharp where the more expensive one was rounded off. Glad I paid the bit of extra attention (and the few dollars extra) because when my stuff arrived they were exactly what I ordered. I've been using them as my daily mech setup for months now and they're among my favourite devices - with no issues.

A piece of advice, Fasttech's product listings feature up-close, detailed images of the products. I've found it always helps to compare similar products very closely. 9 times out of 10, two similar products listed at two different prices means the lesser is usually of lower quality and it shows in the images. Spend the $1-2 dollars more and you wont be disappointed when your vape mail arrives.

As an example, When I got my derringer from FT, I inspected the images very closely and found that the posts on the cheaper one were shoddy. Same with the SMPL I ordered, only with the SMPL, the difference was on the switch - the cheaper one did not have vent holes and the edges were very sharp where the more expensive one was rounded off. Glad I paid the bit of extra attention (and the few dollars extra) because when my stuff arrived they were exactly what I ordered. I've been using them as my daily mech setup for months now and they're among my favourite devices - with no issues.
Agree 100%

And as mentioned before, read the discussion threads on the item's page. They generally highlight any issues the item might have.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissful vaping cloud.

Im only ordering wire and cotton as a trial run but I think I will do what you say

Im only ordering wire and cotton as a trial run but I think I will do what you say

Cotton is dirt cheap is SA, and Kanthal I will most def not wait 2 months for to arrive. My suggestion is to rather buy something you will never see in SA.

Go for an RBA or something.

Or take some Clapton: https://www.fasttech.com/products/2644600
That is 5 meters of it for $7.69

Or a Dark Horse mini: https://www.fasttech.com/products/2290001
Trusty little friend that, for $10.04

Swirl Fish V1.5: https://www.fasttech.com/products/2293503
CLT V3: https://www.fasttech.com/products/2303700
Both of these were delivered 2 weeks ago, having tremendous success and fun with them.

Ill see but I can come back with the money I save, into gaming also think about buying a psp like device from them, but im tapped out my journey into vaping was expensive then I started buying online looking to recoop some of my money but a quick question how do u use the full potential of a vw device say for example 80 watt I expect only drippers can achieve that

Stay away from electronics. if it breaks be prepared to accept it as broken. Sending it back will be a 4 month round trip.

My Arctic tank I push to 60w.

Put it this way - fire the coil, then push the volts up to 3.7v - that is usually safe. Now depending on the ohms you will see the watts. Something like 0.5 ohms might be 30, maybe 40 watts. 0.2 can be 60, so going to 0.1 will be in the 80.

Play around with some of the online apps - it gives a good idea on how to design a coil.

Ok thanks ill maby pick up the swirl fish

Ordered my Clapton on 3 July, only 10 days later it left China, I picked it up a few minutes ago. Paid the R58 customs for 4 rolls. (R20 for release, R28 for actual customs)

Apart from customs being relatively high, I was damn lucky to have that arrive here this quick.

Below you will see the typical results when tracking something. I have another package mailed on exactly the same day - it is still in Jhb.

The below is applicable to CPT, not sure how yours will apply to. In blue is the status where I fax my invoice, and on red it means I can fetch from my destination. A lot of the guys will in fact go to customs in the blue status - and wait for a few hours in the queue, and get it over the counter. Where they find the time is beyond me.

Destination Country - Cache Time:2015-07-27 12:55
2015-07-27 10:36 NA, At Office, First Notification to recipient

2015-07-24 13:39 CAPEMAIL (HUB), In transit

2015-07-24 11:25 CAPEMAIL (HUB), In transit

2015-07-24 07:16 CAPEMAIL (HUB), In transit

2015-07-21 10:38 CAPEMAIL (HUB), In transit

2015-07-20 10:34 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), In transit

2015-07-17 09:46 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), Incomming International

Origin Country - Cache Time:2015-07-27 12:55
2015-07-17 23:46 Arrived at overseas (Country code: ZA)

2015-07-13 12:50 Despatched to overseas (Country code: ZA)

2015-07-08 16:15 Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)

Hi all. I am in the process of registering for a pay pal account as I would also like to start ordering from fast tech and also been looking at angelcigs too.

Haven't ordered anything out of SA yet so apologies for the silly questions coming up.

1. Does everything get taxed no matter the price of the item? what are percentages you pay if so etc.
2. Is it a good idea to buy vw mods even if it says authentic on it? (looking at the ones between the 50-80 dollar range and really liking the smok x cube II)
3. Do all items only go as far as your local customs of your city then you have to collect it there?

Any info or references to refer to will be appreciated. Thanks

1. Depends who check your parcel, if he is not in a good mood you pay
2. Never bought VV mod there, rule of thumb dont buy electronics from FT, but if they say authentic 99% of the time it is.
3. Collect at your local PO

1.1 He also deside what you pay

Hi all. I am in the process of registering for a pay pal account as I would also like to start ordering from fast tech and also been looking at angelcigs too.

Haven't ordered anything out of SA yet so apologies for the silly questions coming up.

1. Does everything get taxed no matter the price of the item? what are percentages you pay if so etc.
2. Is it a good idea to buy vw mods even if it says authentic on it? (looking at the ones between the 50-80 dollar range and really liking the smok x cube II)
3. Do all items only go as far as your local customs of your city then you have to collect it there?

Any info or references to refer to will be appreciated. Thanks
Hi mate,

I can't talk for your order, but can for my past 5 or 6 in the past 2 months. All but one came in duty, VAT etc free. In other words straight to my post office. The other I paid R38.00 which was VAT deemed on the declared amount of $20.00. That was also delivered to my post office. You can track the parcel until point of entry into SA, there after you can use the post office track & trace.
https://www.postoffice.co.za/tools/trackandtracedomestic.html

Every device I have bought from Fasttech that has stated authentic has been so.

For me it's win win. The only issue I see is if the VW mod is dead on arrival or fails shortly thereafter, you would need to return it to them. I have brought in 2 VW devices and no problem. They were authentic.

This Eleaf iStick 30 I received today for my son cost me R352.00 - pictured below. It was the unit only, no cable.

Attachments

• 2015-07-27 10.45.29.jpg
    2015-07-27 10.45.29.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 23
Fastech is a gamble always... sometime you win and sometimes you lose. I must say I have bought some real crap that went from the unpacked parcel into the bin... but some of the items I have bought have been a real winner! The part that kills it for me is the erratic and very slow delivery times... and I'm not joking when I say delivery times have ranges from 5 weeks to 5 months... OK the local SA PO had a lot to do with that...

My rule is buy the cheap crap and hope that some of the items will be lekker (and sometimes they are) but never have high hopes and don't order expensive items because if they fail or they are crap clones exchange is really not a real option.

Things like ceramic tweezers are a win... and some of the drip tips have potential...

Duty is never a real issue and I think the most I ever paid was R138 for one parcel and it's normally less than a R100.

thanks a bunch guys, much appreciate it. I'm kinda part of teamcheap lol but like you say it might be a risk. Its just really enticing seeing the same mods at half the price it is locally if we have them here at all. I'm not too worried about the time frame as I am sorted with my billow 2, velocity rda, heatvape invader mini and nemesis tube mod as my essentials for now. But looking to get good deals on high wattage vw box mods wherever I can so I don't have to swap/carry extra batteries with me everywhere.

Agree 100%

And as mentioned before, read the discussion threads on the item's page. They generally highlight any issues the item might have.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissful vaping cloud.
You can also email questions most times they respond to product inquiries.

And I thought service in SA was slow

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk
Are you referring to FT's service? If so then you have it wrong. Items from FT usually arrive in SA 1 week after shipping. SAPO is the part that drastically slows the process down.

Are you referring to FT's service? If so then you have it wrong. Items from FT usually arrive in SA 1 week after shipping. SAPO is the part that drastically slows the process down.
I agree, FT's service is great. The South African Post Office is the weak link in the chain.

I have purchased numerous Mechs from FT, and they were all good. (have not purchased the hammer though)

Just one thing to remember with the hammer. It suffers from voltage drop. Apparently has something to do with the spring. There is an easy fix for it, but hammer owners should be able to help you here as I can not for the life of me remember what that fix was.

@baksteen8168 I saw they recommend a different 510 top cap. I just need to find the fix for the spring. Even with those issues, it's a very unusual mod. Not seen anyone with a hammer before
Edit: haven't bought one (yet)

Back