Feel Like Giving Up - Coils Too Much Pt!!

Fog-e

New Vaper
LV

Awards
I am getting very frustrated - nearly bought the stinkies today (after 3 plus months)!! Kanger Mini Protank II coils just not lasting. Adding up the cost of coils and the petrol to go and buy them plus the juice is also probably costing me more than stinkies!!! And being stuck without a decent Vape for the weekend sucks!

What juice are you using ? some juice does gunk up the coils quicker than others. And are you dry burning your coils every few days ?

aw dude that sucks. dryburning coils to reboot them works wonders btw. been cycling through the same 5 protank coils for ages now :)

20131024_210541.jpg 20131024_211356.jpg

I normally do clean and dry burn the coils every few days but the last three coils didn't last that long and were just dead after the dry burn.
I do have a variety of juices at the moment and normally top up with a different one each time, so unfortunately can't put a finger on that. Next coils I will stick to one at a time and see if that makes a difference.
How many refills do most people get out of a coil?

I use Vodka to soak and clean them before dry burning them - and twice now they wouldn't burn after. Wonder if I did something to damage them when I opened them. It was hard to get the long piece off

nah you don't need vodka. just leave the coil screwed into the base, remove the little grommit, grip the base with one hand and the metal tippy thing in the other and gently wiggle the long piece untill it pops off. sometimes helps to grip it with your shirt or piece of tissue or something. then carefully remove any flavour wicks with tweezers, grip tight and stick under hot tap water. now here i use the side of the tweezers to unscrew the coil from the base. do the same with the gunky coil, rinse under hot water. leave to dry or dab dry with a paper towell, blowing all the water out of the centre hole. screw coil back into base. attach base to battery and burn the gunk off by pushing the power button in for 2 or 3 seconds, wait half a sec to a second and repeat. first couple of pulses you might not even see the coil glow. just keep at it and every few pulses give the coil and good close and hard blow. carefull not to burn your lips. keep at it untill the coil dies (hasn't happened to me yet) or most of the crud is off. even when the top is burned clean there could still be a little gunk along the side and bottom. just remember this will lengthen their usefull lifespan but they start working less well as time passes and eventually they will have to be recoiled or taken apart for spare parts.

keen to start recoiling mine, just have to order some supplies first.

nah you don't need vodka. just leave the coil screwed into the base, remove the little grommit, grip the base with one hand and the metal tippy thing in the other and gently wiggle the long piece untill it pops off. sometimes helps to grip it with your shirt or piece of tissue or something. then carefully remove any flavour wicks with tweezers, grip tight and stick under hot tap water. now here i use the side of the tweezers to unscrew the coil from the base. do the same with the gunky coil, rinse under hot water. leave to dry or dab dry with a paper towell, blowing all the water out of the centre hole. screw coil back into base. attach base to battery and burn the gunk off by pushing the power button in for 2 or 3 seconds, wait half a sec to a second and repeat. first couple of pulses you might not even see the coil glow. just keep at it and every few pulses give the coil and good close and hard blow. carefull not to burn your lips. keep at it untill the coil dies (hasn't happened to me yet) or most of the crud is off. even when the top is burned clean there could still be a little gunk along the side and bottom. just remember this will lengthen their usefull lifespan but they start working less well as time passes and eventually they will have to be recoiled or taken apart for spare parts.

keen to start recoiling mine, just have to order some supplies first.
Thanks for the detail - will try it this way next time. Any tips on which juices to avoid?

I found that any dark coloured juice tends to hunk up coils faster (chocolate, vanilla etc.) - also the thicker ones. Also don't leave juice lying around in your clearos - that seems to also cause issues.

Here's a video describing pretty much exactly what denizenx said - it's for the EVOD, but the process is exactly the same for the mini PT

I dryburn my pt2 every 10 tanks more or less, and can dryburn each coil 3 or 4 times.
Sometimes you get a dudd coil, but that is rare. I think i've seen 2 or 3 dudds in 10 boxes of coils.

I am getting very frustrated - nearly bought the stinkies today (after 3 plus months)!! Kanger Mini Protank II coils just not lasting. Adding up the cost of coils and the petrol to go and buy them plus the juice is also probably costing me more than stinkies!!! And being stuck without a decent Vape for the weekend sucks!

Get rid of the pro-tank! I also had endless issues with mine,it is a terribly built product! I reverted back to a normal old CE5 and its been great :p On the waiting list for an Innokin Iclear 30 - I feel the attys with wicks are the way to go if you dont want too much maintenance on it, also the flavour produced is waaaay better! Thats just my personal opinion though, Both Gizmo and I had nothing but trouble with ours (Mine a mini and his a PT2) They're awesome at first but then they just bomb after a while

if it helps, my protank causes intermittent shorts, draws too much load or something that makes my evic head cut off mid vape every now and then. did it on the old evic head also. so must be something to do with protank

Been using my mini PT2 for about 3 months now without so much as a hint of trouble - you sure you got the real deal?

Been using my mini PT2 for about 3 months now without so much as a hint of trouble - you sure you got the real deal?
Same here! Been on protank since june(ish).
I only had issues once due to a diy juice that was too thin.

Some protank 2s are temperamental. Slight gurgle now and then but works great 99% of the time. The mini protank2 v2 is also very very good I actually think they better then the pt2. Stroodle Iclear30 for me has a metalic and plastic taste

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Got mine fro E-ciggies so I'm pretty sure its real just had endless issues with it
Here's what a real one looks like - notice the branding - if it does not have that then you probably have a knock-off - The worst I've read about the protanks is that they don't do well with very thin juice - but then people remove one of the flavour wicks and that usually sorts them out

They also don't do very well with anything above about 4volt - with the standard coil that is.
Tell you what, if ever you place an order from us, I'll throw one of these in and you can see for yourself :)

kanger-mini-protank2-2.png

Some protank 2s are temperamental. Slight gurgle now and then but works great 99% of the time. The mini protank2 v2 is also very very good I actually think they better then the pt2. Stroodle Iclear30 for me has a metalic and plastic taste

Interesting to know :/ I am a hige fan of Innokin products over Kanger though so I am willing to try, will keep that in mind though - my favourite atty was Gizmos rocket though, I want another one :p

Here's what a real one looks like - notice the branding - if it does not have that then you probably have a knock-off - The worst I've read about the protanks is that they don't do well with very thin juice - but then people remove one of the flavour wicks and that usually sorts them out

They also don't do very well with anything above about 4volt - with the standard coil that is.
Tell you what, if ever you place an order from us, I'll throw one of these in and you can see for yourself :)

it is an original, does have the branding and came in a kanger box etc - just didnt work for me :p
I'll keep that in mind :) Im happy with what I have at the moment just looking for new flavours to buy soon :) and thinking about Christmas pressies :p

Derick I think you hit a typo there. The wick gets removed for the thicker juice. Stroodle I was thinking putting my rocket in the classifieds let me know if you want it. By the way did you get your diy supplies?

Derick I think you hit a typo there. The wick gets removed for the thicker juice. Stroodle I was thinking putting my rocket in the classifieds let me know if you want it. By the way did you get your diy supplies?

Nope they still held up at customs :( Quite nervous about it. I cant at the moment :( no budget for vaping toys this month

Derick I think you hit a typo there. The wick gets removed for the thicker juice.

Sorry, you are probably right - I have not had to remove a wick myself, so going by my failing memory of something I read quite a while ago :)

Lol. I have heathers 70vg 30vg blends in my mini and pt2 and had to remove one wick off each otherwize you get those nasty dry hits

Ooops 70vg 30pg

Back