Feel Like Giving Up - Coils Too Much Pt!!

I found that any dark coloured juice tends to hunk up coils faster (chocolate, vanilla etc.) - also the thicker ones. Also don't leave juice lying around in your clearos - that seems to also cause issues.
I am using a lot of Vanilla...

I dryburn my pt2 every 10 tanks more or less, and can dryburn each coil 3 or 4 times.
Sometimes you get a dudd coil, but that is rare. I think i've seen 2 or 3 dudds in 10 boxes of coils.
Mine mostly don't seem to make 10 tanks....

Yeah same, but I like chocolate and Vanilla :) - I think with Vanilla I last about 3 tanks. When I used cartos, it would last one refill of vanilla before gunking up - and those are not so easy to clean

if it helps, my protank causes intermittent shorts, draws too much load or something that makes my evic head cut off mid vape every now and then. did it on the old evic head also. so must be something to do with protank
I have noticed that the coil seems to turn loose all the time too - I have to open and tighten a couple of times during a tank - perhaps this puts strain on the coils? The supplier told me that it is an "old Protank thing"

Here's what a real one looks like - notice the branding - if it does not have that then you probably have a knock-off - The worst I've read about the protanks is that they don't do well with very thin juice - but then people remove one of the flavour wicks and that usually sorts them out

They also don't do very well with anything above about 4volt - with the standard coil that is.
Tell you what, if ever you place an order from us, I'll throw one of these in and you can see for yourself :)

View attachment 148
Wow! Cool - I will take you up on that and get my order sorted :):)

I also preferred the Mini protank to the bigger brother. And my wife is still going great guns on them.

I'm amazed at the myriad of issues people have had with their protanks in this forum - and I'm not just defending them because we sell them :) - we sell them because they have been so hassle free for us.

Worst issues I have had has been sorted by a clean & dry burn or simply a new coil - maybe Melinda and I have just been lucky

I'm amazed at the myriad of issues people have had with their protanks in this forum - and I'm not just defending them because we sell them :) - we sell them because they have been so hassle free for us.

Worst issues I have had has been sorted by a clean & dry burn or simply a new coil - maybe Melinda and I have just been lucky

Either that or we're all getting them from the same supplier and they're fake :p

tried to take a photo to show you but it doesnt come out nicely, and I threw away the box :p

Well as a vendor I am not going to bad mouth another -e-ciggies was the only vendor for a long time and they helped a lot of people.

But here is something you can think about when dealing with any vendor:
Kangertech (and most the other companies) give a 6 month guarantee on all their products - for me as a vendor I don't even have to return the faulty products to them, I just need to send a video or picture of the problem and they will add the number of the broken items to my next order. So replacing broken items costs me absolutely nothing. (ok, maybe 14% vat) So why would I not offer a 6 month guarantee to my customers? (Some companies are even starting to offer 12 month guarantees now)

They have also told me that they have about a 3% failure rate on their products, so it's not like I'm going to be flooded with returns either. Heck at 3% I don't even need their replacements, my profits will cover that.

I would say that we need to have a go at that.
I must say, I found it very odd that both the coils I received in the package was 2.0 ohm and not 1.8 and 2.2 as advertised.

good to know, yeah we took something faulty back to one of the venders (an evic) and nothing was ever done about it

It will all soon be a thing of the past though, so not to worry - most of the companies now ship the items with a serial number - the people that bought KTS kits from us would have seen the little scratch off card on the front of their KTS carry case.

The idea is that you enter this number on Kamry's site and they will tell you if you have a real or fake product. Spoke to Kanger a while back and they are busy implementing a similar system and other companies will follow suit soon
http://www.kamry.cc/kamry-anti-fake-systym-has-been-set-up-offically.html
http://www.joyetech.com/ - check bottom of the site - Serial Number

I found it very odd that both the coils I received in the package was 2.0 ohm and not 1.8 and 2.2 as advertised.

Kanger only makes 1.5, 1.8. 2.2 and 2.5 Ohm coils :) - at least that is all that is available at present to buy from them

Back