First Corona Virus case confirmed in SA.

@Silver (who asked) and anyone else:

If you're looking for N95 masks contact Gino , the owner of Gadget Fundi . Mobile 071 471 2525.

This is a message from Gino:
"I have these available selling mainly medical professionals, best ones I have seen so far, from Europe with a respirator valve, makes it a lot more easier to breath through, proper N95/FFP2 spec,"

I ordered a few on Friday and they were couriered on the same day. (He may courier them because they're medical products.)
His service is superb - as it always is!!!

upload_2020-4-6_9-46-16.png

There's something strange going on. I wonder if the govt. isn't downplaying the number of cases reported from 28 March onwards, or are my calculations incorrect? Or I'm not understanding something?

Between 21 - 27 March the average increase is 34% (over 6 days)
Between 28 March - 5 April the average increase is 3% (over 9 days)

View attachment 193562
Testing criteria is still based on having been overseas in the last two weeks or in direct contact with an infected person. What is happening is that we have run out of people that have been overseas. This reduced our scope to identify whom is infected, and as a result also reduced our testing of people that have been in contact with infected people. And that is all I have to say about that...

Regards

Testing criteria is still based on having been overseas in the last two weeks or in direct contact with an infected person. What is happening is that we have run out of people that have been overseas. This reduced our scope to identify whom is infected, and as a result also reduced our testing of people that have been in contact with infected people. And that is all I have to say about that...

Regards
NICD updated the testing criteria at least twice since the beginning of the epidemic. You can check their website for the updated criteria. Travel history and confirmed contact are no longer on the list.

NICD updated the testing criteria at least twice since the beginning of the epidemic. You can check their website for the updated criteria. Travel history and confirmed contact are no longer on the list.
Admittedly, my info is from a testing centre last week Wednesday.

Regards

Fact Check: No, Disaster Management Act does not restrict citizens to post updates on Covid-19
No, there isn't any restriction on citizens to share news or updates about the situation arsising out of coronavirus pandemic as long as it is based on facts.

A message along with a video of a police officer is going viral on social media. The message states that from midnight onwards (no date mentioned), the Disaster Management Act has been implemented across the country, as per which apart from government departments, no other citizen is allowed to post any update or share any forward related to the novel coronavirus.
It is a punishable offence so admins are requested to inform their group members, the message reads.

It looks like this has started on the social media in India.
Source:

https://www.indiatoday.in/fact-chec...o-post-updates-on-covid-19-1662457-2020-04-02

Last edited:

@Adephi yeah conspiracy theories hey what a bunch of retards. Only mainstream news informs my views /s

Edit: tldr; Head Doctor at NY hospital says corona cases not what mainstream news says it is. Official 5g testing documents reveal... sorry you're going to have to think for yourself.
Look for it, the studies exist.

Last edited:

@Adephi yeah conspiracy theories hey what a bunch of retards. Only mainstream news informs my views /s

Edit: tldr; Head Doctor at NY hospital says corona cases not what mainstream news says it is. Official 5g testing documents reveal... sorry you're going to have to think for yourself.

Must be a completely different virus in Iran that claimed more than 3000 lives then, because there is no 5G there...
Seriously dude, find another hobby. Conspiracy theories don't suite you. And the only one here worth calling a retard has so far been you...

@Dela Rey Steyn you disagree with the Doctor or just don't like information that wasn't spoon fed by your favourite news sites? Much easier not to think for yourself I assume.

Opinion noted

@Dela Rey Steyn you disagree with the Doctor or just don't like information that wasn't spoon fed by your favourite news sites? Much easier not to think for yourself I assume.
Do I disagree with the single American on YouTube that contradicts himself twice and admits that he has no knowledge of what he is describing? Why yes, I do disagree with him. See, I thought of that all by myself

@Dela Rey Steyn I know it's hard to think and research but others have done it for you.

If you like I can repost the video from earlier with PhD scientists explaining that there is no reliable test for the virus. It flags any flu virus as a positive.

I bet you're the sort of guy that'll be first in line for a vaccine.

You know that bit about giving up liberty for safety then you deserve neither...

Do I disagree with the single American on YouTube that contradicts himself twice and admits that he has no knowledge of what he is describing? Why yes, I do disagree with him. See, I thought of that all by myself

Its not worth it..

giphy.gif

Guys, please respect our forum posting rules

If you want to make personal comments against each other, then by all means do that - but NOT on the public threads of this forum.

Play the ball, not the man

I'll just leave this here. Hope he doesn't contradict himself.

Former President Of Microsoft Canada Frank Clegg: On Safety & 5G/Wireless Technologies

Obviously there is a virus, it's our rights that have been removed that is the issue.

Some scientists are saying 5G potentiates the virus, maybe that's why Africa has such a low rate if infection.
BBtw
@Dela Rey Steyn Iran does have 5G since atleast 2017 and how we to know when they turn it off or on.

I have learnt to research what I say beforehand.

Let me know if you'd like to see evidence from scientists on how 5G can potentiate corona virus.
https://www.commsupdate.com/articles/2017/09/25/mtn-irancell-carries-out-5g-network-test/

Guys, please respect our forum posting rules

If you want to make personal comments against each other, then by all means do that - but NOT on the public threads of this forum.

Quite right i will restrain myself!

Anyway in my opinion stats don't tell lies but conspiracy theorists do include Doctors and Scientists. 5G is not available throughout the UK some towns and cities have it and some don't. In Bolton where i live we don't have 5G yet have had 133 deaths so far and over 1,000 fighting for their lives in hospital. In my hometown of Swadlincote they do have 5G and see pic below not a single case of Covid-19:

Screenshot (312).png

I went on to study cases and deaths in comparison to whether 5G is available or not and the findings of that was conclusive the 5G theory is complete, total BS!!!!

@stevie g . Please refrain from calling people idiots boet. You have the right to your opinion and everybody else can do the same. Go open a thread to discuss your theory there load your video's etc., and maybe you will have people responding to your ideas.
Or go light a cigarette because a few days ago a Dr with some sort of PhD also said it was safer to smoke a stinkie.
Let us think and believe what we want and go talk about us in your thread.

The last few days I have been stepping away from social media especially facebook and started looking at people's reaction to this pandemic from a different viewpoint.

It's really interesting the comfort mechanisms people use in order to cope with the pandemic and the lockdown. Religion is a big one where some people sound they belong to cult or a sect of some sorts. Another is the way people dive into conspiracy theories to try and make sense of it all.

Me personally prefer to go behind the science and the numbers to get as much of the full picture as possible. Also because I physically get in contact with almost half the samples that gets taken in the country.

So I really don't have a problem with conspiracy theories anymore. As this pandemic develops in our country more people will resort to these comfort mechanisms at varying degrees.

What I do have a problem with is the amount of fake articles and facts thats doing the rounds. So if we can stick to facts from the WHO and NICD I'm fine with that.

The last few days I have been stepping away from social media especially facebook and started looking at people's reaction to this pandemic from a different viewpoint.

It's really interesting the comfort mechanisms people use in order to cope with the pandemic and the lockdown. Religion is a big one where some people sound they belong to cult or a sect of some sorts. Another is the way people dive into conspiracy theories to try and make sense of it all.

Me personally prefer to go behind the science and the numbers to get as much of the full picture as possible. Also because I physically get in contact with almost half the samples that gets taken in the country.

So I really don't have a problem with conspiracy theories anymore. As this pandemic develops in our country more people will resort to these comfort mechanisms at varying degrees.

What I do have a problem with is the amount of fake articles and facts thats doing the rounds. So if we can stick to facts from the WHO and NICD I'm fine with that.
My information is fact based thanks, in fact any information on UK i give is backed up by WHO but about 24 hours later as WHO seems to be a day behind. I will stick to my sources as i want my information more current as the UK doesn't have 12 deaths but over the last 7 days has averaged 25 deaths per hour!

My information is fact based thanks, in fact any information on UK i give is backed up by WHO but about 24 hours later as WHO seems to be a day behind. I will stick to my sources as i want my information more current as the UK doesn't have 12 deaths but over the last 7 days has averaged 25 deaths per hour!
@Adephi cleared that up with me, his post was nothing to do with my previous post so all good!

You only have to look into the studies on vaping to know a lot of Doctors and Scientists will say or come to the conclusion they are paid to find!

I just want to say that I hope your PM pulls through OK, @Timwis. I realise a lot of folks don't like him but this isn't an illness I'd wish on anybody. Hope that he and Britain emerge stronger from it.

Back