First Corona Virus case confirmed in SA.

I just want to say that I hope your PM pulls through OK, @Timwis. I realise a lot of folks don't like him but this isn't an illness I'd wish on anybody. Hope that he and Britain emerge stronger from it.
Yeah, it's not a time for political point scoring and we need all our politicians whichever party they are affiliated to pull together and see our nation both through this but hopefully emerge as a fairer more tolerant society, it makes Brexit seem of little importance!

You only have to look into the studies on vaping to know a lot of Doctors and Scientists will say or come to the conclusion they are paid to find!
This is one point of view and what I understood is that they are treating the phenomenon wrong from his point of view.

What he need is to get a few more PhD's to stand by him and they should do some testing on their own to see if they have a standing theory.
Right now they're guessing.

Latest figure in from UK. 786 more deaths in the last 24 hours taking the total to 6,159!

Nice Google home page today!

The caption is "To all emergency services workers, thank you"

2020_04_08 - Google Home Page.jpg

To whomever created that document I have but one thing to say: Pappa wag vir jou boeta, pappa wag vir jou!

Regards

Oh that document is as fake as you can get. But I have a 3 and 8 year old that will sleep much easier tonight.

Latest figure in from the UK and it's getting very bad, in the last 24 hours we have had 938 more deaths taking the total to 7,097 and estimated we are still 2 weeks away from the peak! town to town not yet updated but yesterday we were over 180 deaths just in the town i live so expect we have hit the 200 mark as i hear the sirens of another Ambulance:-( as a write this!

Latest figure in from the UK and it's getting very bad, in the last 24 hours we have had 938 more deaths taking the total to 7,097 and estimated we are still 2 weeks away from the peak! town to town not yet updated but yesterday we were over 180 deaths just in the town i live so expect we have hit the 200 mark as i hear the sirens of another Ambulance:-( as a write this!

Sounds rough. Stay safe.

Heard today that the townships doesn't want to get tested because they don't want to be forced to go into quarantine. So they rather take their chances with the virus. In a week's time we might look the same as UK.

Sounds rough. Stay safe.

Heard today that the townships doesn't want to get tested because they don't want to be forced to go into quarantine. So they rather take their chances with the virus. In a week's time we might look the same as UK.
Hopefully not, once it takes off their is no stopping it! a handful of deaths one week, into the thousands the next!

Sounds rough. Stay safe.

Some silly guys are chasing the volunteers saying that these poor kids are bringing the Coronavirus to them:facepalm:

It's absolutely ridiculous that they've set up 5G towers in the middle of Africa when they could have spent the money on food instead.

Although utterly horrific, it is quite something to experience a worldwide catastrophe of this kind of magnitude. Estimates of a 5%-20% decrease in the world's population if a vaccine is not produced in time. May the odds be ever in your favour everyone.

upload_2020-4-9_17-50-46.png

It's absolutely ridiculous that they've set up 5G towers in the middle of Africa when they could have spent the money on food instead.

Although utterly horrific, it is quite something to experience a worldwide catastrophe of this kind of magnitude. Estimates of a 5%-20% decrease in the world's population if a vaccine is not produced in time. May the odds be ever in your favour everyone.

View attachment 193786

I think that this virus is Nature's way of decreasing the population and although I agree that it's horrendous, it is simply what occurs in the animal kingdom. The weak are left behind to die while the herd moves on. The mother wolf (or any other animal) ignores the runt of the litter and focuses her energy on those most likely to survive.

And that is exactly what doctors are having to do - and did, in Italy. Due to limited resources, they have to decide who to focus their energy on i.e. who to put on scarce ventilators.

We are part of the animal kingdom and the same rules apply to us. The weak will die and the strong will survive to spawn another generation.

I think that this virus is Nature's way of decreasing the population and although I agree that it's horrendous, it is simply what occurs in the animal kingdom. The weak are left behind to die while the herd moves on. The mother wolf (or any other animal) ignores the runt of the litter and focuses her energy on those most likely to survive.

And that is exactly what doctors are having to do - and did, in Italy. Due to limited resources, they have to decide who to focus their energy on i.e. who to put on scarce ventilators.

We are part of the animal kingdom and the same rules apply to us. The weak will die and the strong will survive to spawn another generation.

It's such a pity that IQ and strength don't correlate. :smash2:

That sad time again when i hear how many more in the UK have sadly lost their battle! 881 more deaths in the last 24 hours taking the total to 8,063. Good Friday isn't looking too Good unfortunately as it's going to be a Easter from Hell with the NHS near breaking point!

Our lockdown has been extended by 2 weeks. I suspect a further two-week extension will ensue. On an unrelated note does anyone know if it's safe to vape vanilla essence? :wondering:

Our lockdown has been extended by 2 weeks. I suspect a further two-week extension will ensue. On an unrelated note does anyone know if it's safe to vape vanilla essence? :wondering:
Some manufacturers use Essence including Vanilla instead of Concentrates but at a very low percentage so it would be like vaping pure concentrates so i wouldn't advise it!

Boris Johnson apparently out of ICU and feeling much better. Good job, Boris and the medical staff. :clap:

Some manufacturers use Essence including Vanilla instead of Concentrates but at a very low percentage so it would be like vaping pure concentrates so i wouldn't advise it!

@Chickenstrip and @Timwis

Interesting question this.

Obviously Vanilla Essence couldn't be vaped as is i.e. without mixing it with VG/PG.

However, if a DIYer has run out of concentrates, could Vanilla essence be used in the same quantity as stated in the vape juice recipe? IF it can, then could one not make their own juice for now, using VG bought from Clicks and a tiny, tiny drop of Vanilla Essence?

@Chickenstrip Why don't you post to the DIY forum? They might be able to help.

Back