First Impressions Of A Mech

Reinvanhardt

Just Vapist
LV

Awards
Following the catastrophe of my SVD @TylerD was gracious enough to lend me his mechanical mod. Here's the Private V2. Not only that, but also 2 18650 Efest batteries :D:D:D What an awesome guy!

Now coming from an SVD with rebuildable atomizer setups from 0.9 - 1.3 ohms I was on my way to go full mech anyway. Having tested the Kayfun Lite plus RTA and Trident RDA both on 1.1 ohms I can confidently say I am converted. I will not be replacing my SVD. Running a 4v battery atm I'm not even hitting 15w but the vape is so much purer. Honestly... it's a different ball game. And sub-ohm is still to come.

I also much prefer the simplicity of a mech. No wiring that can go wrong, press a button to create a contact with the battery and you're firing. Like Mathee said, you drop it in the river and fish it out. This mod, however does not have an adjustable centre pin, so some atties like the Kayfun (mine doesn't have an adjustable positive pin) won't sit exactly flush. See the pictures. Another thing to consider is that the Private V2 cannot stand upright with the firing button unlocked. This might be adjustable with a tighter spring or a magnet setup.

Threads are super smooth and it's got a combination of brass and copper contact points. The locking ring for the firing button is reverse threaded.

Kayfun 350.jpg Kayfun 650.jpg

Trident 350.jpg ??​

This is 18350 and 18650 sizes on a Kafun and Trident.

This is as close to a dream setup as I can imagine. Thank you all for this experience (and Mr. Durden for his mech!)

Ps. I urge you all to read this thread before going mechanical.

lekker man @Reinvanhardt

now my urge for my mech to arrive has just increased, substantially

Great info there - must admit I played with an electronic mech for a couple of days then converted to plain mech, never looked back once.

PS. Excellent TylerD you've kept the spirit of this forum!

Spot on post imo! The power delivered by a mech is just better..."purer" as you say. Kudos to you @TylerD.

@Reinhardt , pop around to VapeKing and have a look at the Magneto , i found it to be a much better mech than the Nemisis .

I have Nemesis and Magneto - I prefer magneto in terms of quality and design.

Switch is much better, and it handles the telescoping design much better than the Nemesis.

Still glad I have the Nemesis, but my next Mech will def be a Reo

Oh come on guys! Just when I think I have everything I need you start this kak again! :confused:

i posted a pic of my magneto and crown in 350 mode , somewhere !! it's magic . My favorite combo

My Nemesis is almost on its way! :) My first Mech mod, seriously cant wait! I will be using it as a ADV

My Nemesis is almost on its way! :) My first Mech mod, seriously cant wait! I will be using it as a ADV
Make sure you have enough charged batteries on hand dude.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I'm in love with the Nemesis, it's my ADV, actually wouldn't mind having another Nemesis & Kayfun combo :D

True dat! It's not uncommon to cancel three 18650's a day when vaping close to 1 ohm,
I vape my GG at 0.38 ohms. 1 battery does 3ml of juice. That's it, swop. Then the battery sits at 3.4V from 4.2.

Sounds hectic, but in the ithaka it is not that harsh. It resembles a camel filter type if hit. Hard, but smooth.
Not like a dripper with the air hole 90 degrees to the wrong side.

Sounds hectic, but in the ithaka it is not that harsh. It resembles a camel filter type if hit. Hard, but smooth.
Not like a dripper with the air hole 90 degrees to the wrong side.
When building on the ithaka do you have to use NR-R-NR wire or can you just use normal kanthal straight of the wheel?

I know some have done it, but your resistance will be very high. And the entire atty will get insanely hot. NR is the only effective way to do it.

Back