Vape Ventures: Chronicles of a Wanderlust Vaper

Old_Goat

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey Vape Fam! ️

Embarking on this thread to share tales from my journey across the heart of southern and eastern Africa as an Export Sales Rep with a passion for clouds and flavors. Join me in the adventure as I navigate the ins and outs of traveling with my vape kits, seeking advice, and soaking in the experiences that each country has to offer. Let's make this thread a melting pot of insights, laughs, and maybe a bit of wanderlust!

Current Chapter: Angola Odyssey
Recently dipped my toes into Angola, and oh boy, did the vibes hit differently. From the bustling streets of Luanda to the hidden vape shops waiting to be discovered, every moment was a revelation.

Future Destinations: Uncharted Territories
Upcoming trips to unexplored territories are on the horizon. The vape kits are packed, but the uncertainties are real. Ever been to a country where you had to Google if vaping was even a thing? Yep, that's the vibe!

Seeking Advice: Vape Warriors, Assemble!
Calling out to my seasoned travelers and vapers! Share your wisdom on navigating the vape scene in different countries. Any epic vape shop discoveries or cautionary tales? Let's create a compendium of knowledge for the Vape Explorer's Handbook.

Fun Tidbits: Vape Kits and Cultural Fits
Ever had a vape kit that perfectly matched the vibe of a country? Or maybe a cultural mishap with your clouds? Share the hilarity, the culture shocks, and the unexpected encounters.

Connect and Collaborate:
If you're a vaper traversing the globe or a local vape enthusiast from the countries on my itinerary, let's connect! Maybe we can arrange a mini vape meetup or exchange tips on the best local flavors.

Drop your thoughts, advice, and stories below! Let's turn this thread into a virtual hangout for vape enthusiasts with a touch of wanderlust. Adventure awaits! #VapeVentures #VapeAndWander #VapingAroundAfrica

As I geared up for my maiden voyage beyond the South African clouds, a new kind of journey unfolded – the Pre-Flight Vape Odyssey. Join me on this chronicle, where research, overthinking, and planning became the unsung heroes of my quest to vape in uncharted territories.

The Vape Legal Map Unveiled:
First stop on the prep journey – legality checks. Armed with curiosity and a Google search, I unveiled the vape legality map, noting countries where clouds are either forbidden or shrouded in illegality. The map is now my trusty companion, a vape atlas for the cautious wanderer. More on this map later – it's a traveller's gold!

The Vape Scene in Angola:
Researching potential clients for my job became a dual mission. I scoured the digital landscape for signs of a thriving vape scene in Angola. Spoiler alert: It's not the vape haven I dreamed of. Vape shops were scarce in Luanda, and the few on the radar lacked the online charm. No websites, minimal offerings – anxiety started to brew. Where does a wandering vaper turn in times of need? The quest for answers takes flight in the next episode! ️

Vape Shops in the Shadows:
Luanda unveiled a vape scene veiled in mystery. Lackluster online presence raised red flags. Vape shops were like elusive phantoms, hiding in the city's nooks. But fear not, my fellow vapers – where there's a will, there's a cloud! The anticipation thickened as questions loomed – would my precious kit survive the airport scrutiny? Where would I find solace in a land with limited vape havens? The plot thickens!

Stay tuned for the next episode as I board the flight to Luanda, armed with my trusty vape kit and a thirst for exploration. The unknown awaits, and the clouds shall rise over new horizons. Buckle up, vapers – we're in for a journey! ✈️

Chapter 2: Vape Kit Chronicles – A Scavenger's Tale ️‍♂️✈️

Vape Explorers, Gather 'Round! ️

The prelude to my Angola escapade was nothing short of a scavenger hunt, a tale of swapping coils, DisChem deals, and a reincarnation of an old RDA. Join me on this chapter, where budget-friendly mods, homemade coils, and meticulous prep transform my vape kit into a wanderer's arsenal.

DIY Juices and Labels:
Armed with foresight, I concocted 60ml bottles of my cherished juices, each labeled with care. Flavor at the ready – check! But the quest for the perfect travel kit had just begun.

Budget-Friendly Mod Quest:
Eying the skies for a budget-friendly companion, I ventured into the realm of wheeling and dealing. A few coil swaps later, I secured a second-hand mod – a trusty steed ready to carry the weight of clouds and flavor. Wallet intact – check!

Shower Bag Chronicles:
The essential shower bag – not just for hygiene but a vape kit's best friend. DisChem became my ally, providing a bag with partitions to cradle my mods, coils, and the precious juices. Straps secure, leakproof compartment – all set for the aerial journey. Organization mastery – check!

️ Coil Crafting and RDA Resurrection:
Dusting off my coil crafting skills, I wrapped a spare set of Alien coils – a contingency plan for the unknown. The old Dead Rabbit V2 RDA emerged from retirement, adorned with fresh coils and a new wick. A resurrection fit for a vape odyssey – check! ⚙️

The Skyward Soar:
The stage is set, the kit finely tuned. With coils, mods, and DIY juices in tow, I take to the skies. Will the airport security gods smile upon my vape gear, or will they pose a challenge to the clouds' journey? The clouds await – the tale continues in the next episode! ✈️

Chapter 3: Touchdown in Luanda – Unveiling the Vape Odyssey

Greetings Vape Adventurers! Embark on the Chronicles of Angola's Vape Horizon!

Setting the Vape Stage:
With bags meticulously packed and vape kit prepped, the journey unfolded. A last-minute addition, the compact OXVA Xlim, nestled alongside spare pods and a 60ml reserve of MTL juice. A traveler's kit, designed for clouds at every checkpoint. Customs clearance – a victorious preamble to the cloudscape quest. The adventure takes flight! ✨

Cloud Chronicles at the Spur: En route to the skies, a layover at the Spur unveiled moments of stealthy clouds and OXVA mastery. Amidst breakfast delights, the OXVA Xlim showcased its stealth prowess in the smoking section – a prelude to the clouds that awaited. The journey's symphony had commenced – a crescendo of vaporous delights. The Spur, a cloud haven, and the OXVA, a silent performer – a harmonious overture to the airborne tale. ☕

The Airborne Sonata: Onboard the flight, the OXVA discreetly orchestrated a vaporous symphony. At 30,000 feet, the stealthy companion etched clouds across the cabin, turning the journey into a vaper's airborne dream. An entire row claimed, a skyward sanctuary. Three and a half hours of clouds dancing in the air, the OXVA by my side – a celestial dance. The airborne saga, gracefully scored by the stealthy OXVA. ✈️

Navigating the Linguistic Skies: Touching down in Luanda, a linguistic puzzle awaited. Portuguese words swirled like clouds, but the language barrier became an ally. Questions posed in an unknown tongue met blank stares, the language of clouds universal in its understanding. Outside the airport, the first triumphant hit in Angola – clouds bridging cultural gaps. Victory in clouds, the language of vapers spoken loud and clear. ️

20231112_132540.jpg20231112_143314.jpg20231117_172858.jpgIMG-20231114-WA0034.jpeg

Exploring Luanda's Vape Canvas: Venturing into Luanda's vape scene, a scarce landscape unfolded. Few options, but one gem surfaced – the acquisition of a new HellVape HellBeast, a prize for a discerning vaper. Amidst the city's peculiar absence of smokers and vapers, Angola's cloudscape emerged as a mysterious entity. The conquest of Luanda – a chapter closed, yet the vape odyssey marches forward. ️️

Homeward-Bound Clouds: Returning home brought its own clouds of customs capers. A surprising twist awaited – a lighter's challenge deemed more formidable than a vape kit's passage. A paradoxical dance unfolded, yet the clouds prevailed. The return to South Africa marked by victorious clouds and the absence of bounds. Victory on home soil – a triumphant return.

The Next Chapter – Ethiopia's Challenge: As the clouds settle in South African skies, the next odyssey beckons – Ethiopia, where WHO's ban casts its shadow. A vaper's challenge awaits, but for now, the embrace of home sweet home. Until the clouds rise again, dear readers. Thank you for joining the voyage!

8834e441d9db360f9832b7bba1ac0620c3bf7012_2_1035x606.png
Navigating Vaping Regulations Across Borders ️

Exploring the world is a thrilling adventure, and for us vapers, understanding the regulations is part of the journey. Here's a map highlighting countries where vaping faces restrictions – whether it's a ban or falls into a legal grey area.

Remember, always research local laws before bringing your favorite setups on your globetrotting escapades. Safe travels, fellow vapers! ✈️

@Old_Goat You could do far more than vape reviews. You're a born writer and I think you're in the wrong profession.
Thank you for the kind words! While I do love the world of vaping, my day job takes me to places like Angola, Namibia, Zambia, and beyond—destinations I'd probably never have ventured to otherwise. Who wouldn't want a job that doubles as a ticket to unexpected adventures? ✈️If anyone out there wants their products, shops, or anything else to get the literary treatment, just slide into my DMs! Let's explore new horizons together!

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words! While I do love the world of vaping, my day job takes me to places like Angola, Namibia, Zambia, and beyond—destinations I'd probably never have ventured to otherwise. Who wouldn't want a job that doubles as a ticket to unexpected adventures? ✈️If anyone out there wants their products, shops, or anything else to get the literary treatment, just slide into my DMs! Let's explore new horizons together!

You're right about that - nothing beats experiencing different places.

As I prepare for my next adventure in Ethiopia, where vaping is unfortunately banned, I'm on the lookout for a reliable RTA to accompany me. If you've got an affordable and reliable RTA that you're willing to part with, check out my Wanted post in the Classifieds section: https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/seeking-affordable-rta-for-my-vape-ventures.79667/.

Let's make these vape ventures even more exciting together! Feel free to drop a comment or DM me if you've got the perfect travel buddy for my mod.

Happy vaping,

Next Stop: Africa – Vape Adventures Unleashed!

Hey Vape Enthusiasts!

I'm gearing up for my next African adventure, and this time, I'm taking you along for the ride! Early in January, I'll be jetting off to Zimbabwe, and later, I'll be facing the vaping challenges in Ethiopia and Tanzania. Here's a sneak peek into the prep for this exciting vape journey:

Zimbabwe Zest: Heading to Zimbabwe is a breeze, no vape worries here. I'm opting for my trusty travel buddy kit – a Sigelei FOG 213 and the Yachtvape x Mike Vapes Eclipse Single Coil RTA 24mm, graciously provided by the awesome Paul33 from ECIGSSA. Big shoutout to @Paul33 for the hookup!

20231221_151633.jpg
20231221_151909.jpg
20231221_152658.jpg
20231221_182725.jpg
IMG-20231221-WA0017.jpg

Ethiopian Expedition: Now, Ethiopia is a whole different ballgame. Vaping is a no-go, but being the risk taker that I am, I will take my trusty travel buddy with me again and arm myself with disposables as backups. I've researched some vape shops in Addis Ababa, but it looks like disposables are the name of the game there. Fingers crossed for a smooth journey through customs.

Tanzanian Tidbits: Tanzania is next on the list, and I hope my vape kit is tagging along. A quick Google search revealed vape shops in Dar es Salaam, but disposables seem to dominate the scene once again. This might prove to be a problem if my kit gets taken away in Ethiopia I can't replace it. Nevertheless, I'm ready for whatever vaping adventures await.

Stay tuned for live updates from Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, and Tanzania. I'll be sharing my experiences, discoveries, and, of course, the vaping scene in each location. Your virtual passport is ready – let's embark on this vape journey together!

Safe travels and happy vaping,

Last edited:
Next Stop: Africa – Vape Adventures Unleashed!

Hey Vape Enthusiasts!

I'm gearing up for my next African adventure, and this time, I'm taking you along for the ride! Early in January, I'll be jetting off to Zimbabwe, and later, I'll be facing the vaping challenges in Ethiopia and Tanzania. Here's a sneak peek into the prep for this exciting vape journey:

Zimbabwe Zest: Heading to Zimbabwe is a breeze, no vape worries here. I'm opting for my trusty travel buddy kit – a Sigelei FOG 213 and the Yachtvape x Mike Vapes Eclipse Single Coil RTA 24mm, graciously provided by the awesome Paul33 from ECIGSSA. Big shoutout to @Paul33 for the hookup!

Ethiopian Expedition: Now, Ethiopia is a whole different ballgame. Vaping is a no-go, but being the risk taker that I am, I will take my trusty travel buddy with me again and arm myself with disposables as backups. I've researched some vape shops in Addis Ababa, but it looks like disposables are the name of the game there. Fingers crossed for a smooth journey through customs.

Tanzanian Tidbits: Tanzania is next on the list, and I hope my vape kit is tagging along. A quick Google search revealed vape shops in Dar es Salaam, but disposables seem to dominate the scene once again. This might prove to be a problem if my kit gets taken away in Ethiopia I can't replace it. Nevertheless, I'm ready for whatever vaping adventures await.

Stay tuned for live updates from Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, and Tanzania. I'll be sharing my experiences, discoveries, and, of course, the vaping scene in each location. Your virtual passport is ready – let's embark on this vape journey together!

Safe travels and happy vaping,
You’re very welcome! Hope you enjoy!

Behind the Scenes: Prepping for the African Vape Adventure!

Hey Vape Fam,

Just dropped back into the work grind, and it's a whirlwind of activity preparing for my Zimbabwe trip kicking off on Monday. Here's a quick snapshot of the chaos:

Vape Kit Ready, Almost: My trusty travel buddy kit is 99% prepped for the journey. Just need to spin a fresh coil for my Eclipse RTA – you know, just in case. Decided it's also the perfect time to treat my 'home vapes' to some new coils. DIY mode, engage!

Accommodation Hitch: Harare is sorted, but the hotel in Bulawayo is playing hard to get. Stress levels rising, but fingers crossed, I'll have a cozy spot to lay my vape gear soon.

Flight Confirmations: Flights are on the horizon, but my travel agent's on leave. Patience is a virtue, they say, but when you're dealing with flights, it's a whole new ballgame.

Ethiopian Visa Drama: Email ping-pong with the Ethiopian Embassy just kicked off. Unexpected document demands have me scrambling, but hey, it's all part of the adventure, right?

Reality Check: "Travel the world, they said, it will be fun, they said." – currently living the dream, or is it a rollercoaster? Either way, vape in hand, I'm ready for whatever comes my way.

Stay tuned for updates on the mad dash before departure. The countdown is on, and Africa awaits!

Vape on,

Embarking on my African adventure, my anticipation was matched only by the excitement of exploring new territories. Armed with a meticulously prepared vape kit, which included some freshly crafted Alien coils, my trusty Travel Buddy kit, and a selection of Old Goat e-liquids, I set out for Zimbabwe.

My handmade Alien coils are carefully crafted for optimal performance, ensuring that each inhale carries the essence of my curated e-liquids. In particular, the Chery Cola and Misty Mountain Pie e-liquids, products of Old Goat's passion for flavor, proved to be the perfect companions for this Zimbabwean exploration.

The journey commenced with a seamless pass through customs, offering a moment to indulge in mobile gaming during a flight delay. Grateful for the comfort of my emergency exit seat, I soon found myself landing in Harare, eager to unleash the cloud-chasing potential of my vape gear.

20240108_053639.jpg

Before immersing myself in the bustling cityscape, the first order of business was securing a local SIM card. With a new number in hand, my Travel Buddy kit, consisting of the Sigelei FOG 213 mod and Yachtvape x Mike Vapes Eclipse Single Coil RTA, made its debut, delivering the familiar satisfaction of a well-deserved nicotine hit. The Zimbabwean adventure had officially begun.

IMG-20231221-WA0017 (1).jpg

During the drive to the hotel, I strategically chose the back seat, not for pomp but to seize a moment for a discreet puff from my Vaperesso XRos. The subtle aroma of Misty Mountain Pie permeated the air, offering a welcome departure from the typical scent of traditional cigarettes.

As the day unfolded, I checked into the welcoming Guinea Fowl's Rest, a recommended accommodation haven in the heart of Harare. The thoughtfully packed Alien coils now awaited their moment, promising a vaping experience that matched the vibrancy of this African escapade.

Having settled into Guinea Fowl's Rest, I swiftly transitioned from leisure to business, scheduling a meeting with my client. Little did I know that this work-related rendezvous would lead me to Haka Game Park, a Ramsar Site teeming with diverse wildlife. The Alien coils and Old Goat e-liquids played their part in punctuating this unique blend of business and environmental appreciation.

As the day unfolded, discussions about vaping's positive environmental impact found a backdrop in the vast landscapes of Haka Game Park. The absence of cigarette butts and the reduced fire risk associated with vaping became prominent themes, reinforcing the benefits of this alternative.

20240108_124559.jpg

As this captivating journey unfolds, capturing each puff and panorama, remember, the adventure continues on my Instagram profile. Dive deeper into the hues of Harare and the Alien Adventures on my feed. Follow along at [@Old_Goat_82] for an immersive experience into the heart of my Zimbabwean escapade.
#VapeVentures #HarareHues #AlienAdventures

After a captivating visit to Haka Game Park, my appetite led me to Boss Café for a hearty burger. As I savored each bite, my eyes caught sight of a vape haven - Clouds2You on King George Rd. Unable to resist the temptation, I ventured inside, discovering a well-stocked shop catering to every vaping need. The rare find of coil-wrapping wire excited me, a gem that's becoming scarce back in South Africa.

20240108_152547.jpg

However, their expertise on rebuildables and coils left room for improvement. Seizing the opportunity, I showcased my setup, shared images of handcrafted coils, and let them savor my DIY e-liquids. Their enthusiasm was palpable. Inquiring about locally made e-liquids, I was disappointed to find only international brands in their collection. Despite this, Clouds2You is a must-visit for any vaper in Harare. You can find a reel on my Instagram page of Clouds2You @Old_Goat_82.

Post-lunch and vape exploration, it was time to return to the hotel. The allure of the honesty bar awaited – a unique concept where patrons help themselves, record their choices, and settle the bill upon departure.

20240108_100927.jpg

Now, let's talk beer. The first sip featured Bohlinger's Lager, paired effortlessly with Misty Mountain Pie. For an in-depth review, stay tuned to the 'Let's talk about vaping and beer' thread. It's worth noting that all the beers I sampled were paired with the same e-liquid, creating a consistent theme.

20240108_165343.jpg

As the sun dipped below the horizon, I reflected on the most eventful day of the entire journey. The next chapter will summarize the remaining highlights of the trip, promising more tales from the heart of Zimbabwe. #VapeVentures #HarareHues #Clouds2You

Part 3 of my Zimbabwean escapade – buckle up, vape fam!

20240110_151952.jpg

Harare days were chill vibes – meetings with clients, lodge lounging with cold beers and warm vapes. Then, off to Bulawayo – but oh, the airport saga! Quick lunch, bags checked, and an Instagram sesh (@Old_Goat_82). The flight felt like an Arma 3 game landing, nostalgia hitting hard. Bulawayo Airport = Altis Airport. But boom – baggage chaos!

One MIA bag on the conveyor belt, and guess what? Not mine. Cue panic mode. Driver waiting, time ticking. Airport official to the rescue. Found the rogue bag 3 hours later, untouched. Crisis averted. Banff Lodge welcomed me, but the restaurant had lights out. Bummer, but hey, all my stuff was intact.

Bulawayo, smaller than expected, had a holiday town vibe. Work mode kicked in, and alas, no time for local vape shop exploration. Google teased me with their existence, though.

20240112_122253.jpg

Airport tales continued on the last day. Met a London lass, a fellow vaper, puffing away. Odd twist – she prefers cigs when globetrotting, citing customs convenience. Got me pondering my Travel Buddy Kit for Ethiopia – decisions, decisions.

Back in JHB, reunited with my trusty vape kits. Next up, I'll spill the tea on planning the Ethiopian chapter. Stay tuned for the vape-filled adventures, vapefam! ✈️ #OldGoatTravels #VapeLife #ZimbabweChronicles

Hey VapeFam,

Quick update on my upcoming trip to Ethiopia and Tanzania. I submitted my Ethiopian Visa application back on December 20, 2023, and it's been a struggle to get any feedback from the embassy. With my flight to Addis Ababa scheduled for this Sunday, the situation is becoming a major headache.

Flights are booked, paid for, but the visa status is hanging in the balance. Anyone else dealt with embassy woes before?

And then there's the issue of my beloved Travel Buddy. I'm worried it might get the customs boot upon arrival in Addis Ababa. I've grown quite attached to it on a sentimental level. Promised myself, come hell or high water, the Travel Buddy comes with me everywhere. Let's hope customs understands the bond!

Tanzania is looking good, and worst case, I can grab a disposable vape in Dar es Salaam. The real challenge is flying back to Joburg via Addis Ababa. The threat of losing any new device is back on the table.

I'll keep you posted on the visa saga. Also, help me out with something—need a name for my Travel Buddy. Best suggestion gets a sample of my latest unnamed e-liquid.

Stay cloudy,

Hey, vape fam,

I've got some thrilling updates on my upcoming trip to Ethiopia, and I couldn't wait to share them with you! After a bit of a bureaucratic rollercoaster, my Ethiopian visa got the stamp of approval today. Persistence pays off, right?

Last night, I was in full DIY e-juice mode, mixing up some flavorful concoctions for the journey. I whipped up a batch of my latest unnamed juice, threw in some peanut butter and syrup sandwich goodness, and even experimented with a peppermint crisp tart flavour (fingers crossed it's a winner).

Now, the real adventure begins—packing and prepping. On Sunday, we'll find out if my trusty Travel Buddy (yet to be named) makes it through customs unscathed. I'm optimistic!

Name My Travel Buddy Contest:

Help me come up with the perfect name for my Travel Buddy! Drop your suggestions in this thread, and the person with the best name will receive a bottle of my latest unnamed e-juice as a thank you.

As a bonus, I've just submitted my visa application for Uganda. The journey continues, and I'll keep you posted on all the vaping escapades. Thanks for being part of this awesome community!

Hey fellow vapers,

Quick updates on the travel front! Good news—my Uganda visa got the green light, and it only took a swift one day. Now, why couldn't Ethiopia take notes on that efficiency? The bureaucratic journey continues, but hey, progress is progress.

Now, onto a fun one—my trusty travel companion, my vape, still needs a name! I'm loving the suggestions so far, but let's keep those creative juices flowing. Drop your name ideas in this thread, and the one that resonates the most might just snag a bottle of my latest unnamed e-juice as a token of appreciation. Trust me, if you are a desert fan, this one is for you.

Thanks for the ongoing support and stay tuned for more vaping adventures!

Hey, folks. Just gave my Eclipse a thorough cleaning in the ultrasonic cleaner. While at it, one of the post screws decided to play hide-and-seek. Stripped the whole setup down, located the rogue screw, and got everything back in place. Discovered some hidden gunk in the process, cleaned it up, and rewicked. The flavor is now on a whole new level. This device truly delivers.

1000051390.jpg

Last edited:
"Vape Ventures: Chronicles of a Wanderlust Vaper" appears to be a captivating and intriguing title that suggests a journey through the world of vaping with a touch of wanderlust. The use of "Chronicles" hints at a narrative style, perhaps unfolding various experiences and discoveries related to vaping. The term "Wanderlust Vaper" adds an element of exploration and adventure, suggesting a vaper who is not just satisfied with the conventional but seeks novel and diverse vaping experiences. Overall, this title sparks curiosity and promises a unique storytelling approach within the world of vaping.

Embarking on another vape-filled adventure! ✈️ All packed up with 4 bottles of e-liquid, my trusty Travel Buddy (still awaiting its perfect name – cast your votes!), meticulously disassembled and cleverly distributed in every nook of my backpack for a smooth customs experience. Batteries snug in their cases. Ready to soar! Follow my journey on Instagram @old_goat_82. Stay tuned for clouds and wanderlust! ☁️ #VapeExplorer #TravelBuddyAdventures

Back