First Starter Kit Help

Hi, these look like decent setups, but if i can give my humble opinion... when buying these type of starter kits, you will need atleast 2 full setups, especially an extra battery that you can rotate on charge so you never run out of battery power. I have found that the smaller batteries only last a couple of hours and having been a heavy smoker, before i got my second device i always found myself switching back to stinkies when my battery went dead... :(

Also a variable voltage battery is always a good bet to start with, you can start on low voltage and set it up as you grow in your vaping journey without having to fork out more money immediately to buy another "stronger" device :)

Good luck :rock:

Hi, these look like decent setups, but if i can give my humble opinion... when buying these type of starter kits, you will need atleast 2 full setups, especially an extra battery that you can rotate on charge so you never run out of battery power. I have found that the smaller batteries only last a couple of hours and having been a heavy smoker, before i got my second device i always found myself switching back to stinkies when my battery went dead... :(

Also a variable voltage battery is always a good bet to start with, you can start on low voltage and set it up as you grow in your vaping journey without having to fork out more money immediately to buy another "stronger" device :)

Good luck :rock:
Thanks Metal Liz! Great insight :) reason I feel fine with buying a single device is the fact that I'm doing it more to replace hookah type smoking and the hobby side of things :) so I don't think I will need something for between charge sessions.

But buying a larger battery setup was another consideration :) if I had to do that, what would you suggest in the case of putting something together ? :D Funds are limited to around R600 for starters /:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That seems like a really good one :D delivery and everything easy and reliable?

yeah, VapeKing is super user friendly and very reliable :) good luck and hope you come right soon :rock:

Thanks so much for your help Metal Liz

only a pleasure dude, hope you get sorted out and have loads of fun on your vaping journey :clap:

Any idea how long delivery could take to dville? :)

Vape King Pro is a good option, I picked one up for a colleague who is also a hubbly/hookah hobbiest and he is loving it. Just remember to check whether the nic content of the juice is what you are looking for. I forgot to ask him and got 12mg while he was actually looking for 0mg.

So, back to the title...

I'm still confused with all the different devices and options available, it's like a never ending black hole... What would the general consensus be for a starter setup for someone who really wants to quit the 20-40 stinkies he/she has been smoking the past 20-40 years..?

I'm actually looking to purchase a setup for my dad to help him quit smoking, but going on our experiences with him getting a smartphone and new tech stuff, I'm sure he will dump the new toy if it only last him half a day on batteries, etc.

So what would your opinions be for a starter kit for someone in his 60's looking to quit the stinkies? Bare in mind that they are pensioners travelling/camping most of the time and require a simple and reliable setup...

Thanks

Hi @Tessa, if problem is battery life, then if he doesn't mind the box shape - MVP is the way to go, it gives you atleast a day and a half of constant vaping on battery life, it has pass through, which means you can vape while it charges and it uses the same charger connection as the bb or samsung phones. So no mess, no fuss... plus you don't have to bore him with the settings, he can start off low and as he starts enjoying his vaping more, then he can start playing around with the variable Watts :rock:

innokinmvp2-6-500x500-500x500.jpg

So, back to the title...

I'm still confused with all the different devices and options available, it's like a never ending black hole... What would the general consensus be for a starter setup for someone who really wants to quit the 20-40 stinkies he/she has been smoking the past 20-40 years..?

I'm actually looking to purchase a setup for my dad to help him quit smoking, but going on our experiences with him getting a smartphone and new tech stuff, I'm sure he will dump the new toy if it only last him half a day on batteries, etc.

So what would your opinions be for a starter kit for someone in his 60's looking to quit the stinkies? Bare in mind that they are pensioners travelling/camping most of the time and require a simple and reliable setup...

Thanks

I just cant help but say GET HIM A MVP!!!

Hi @Tessa, if problem is battery life, then if he doesn't mind the box shape - MVP is the way to go, it gives you atleast a day and a half of constant vaping on battery life, it has pass through, which means you can vape while it charges and it uses the same charger connection as the bb or samsung phones. So no mess, no fuss... plus you don't have to bore him with the settings, he can start off low and as he starts enjoying his vaping more, then he can start playing around with the variable Watts :rock:

View attachment 5708

Hahahaha @Metal Liz again me and you with the MVP :giggle:

dude, if it's good it's good!!! give me a 1000 MVPs and i will sell every single one of them, i love the product and have complete faith in it :) I wish that it was my first mod that i started with, i would have been atleast 6month stinkie free by now... :rolleyes:

Hi @Tessa, welcome to the forum and all the best for your vaping endeavours

To quit stinkies, I think you need the following:
- a desire to quit stinkies
- two complete setups (to have two flavours and in case there is a problem)
- juices that you really like

Many setups will do the job hardware wise, but the juice is more challenging. Allow for enough time and budget to test juices until a few amazing ones are found. I suggest trying them out before you buy them but that may not always be possible.

All the best

@Tessa

I used to smoke 20 -30 stinkies a day. I use a vision spinner and a mini pro tank 3. The vision spinner battery lasts me around a day to a day and a half. I am upgrading to a bigger setup at the end of the month, but will keep my current spinner and tank as a backup.:)??

I have not had the pleasure to try an MVP, but if reviews are anything to go by they seem to be awesome. I just prefer the cilindrical shape.

Oh, and i will also add that you need to have at least 2 batteries. While one charges you can use the other one. ;)

Hi @Metal Liz and @mikebtimm

Out of stock at the moment but waiting for customs clearance which is underway so we will hopefully have it by tomorrow / Wednesday the latest.

Dville? Is that DurbanVille in Cape Town?
Thats right :) Durbanville Cape Town :)

If you want to go slim and trim:
  1. BATTERY:
    1. The Vision Spinner1 1300 mAh. Think your current batteries are 650 mah. It has variable voltage so you can up your power for more throat hit. You can buy that for R350.00 here. With that you need a USBcharger at R100.00 with wall adapter at R60.00. An Ego C Twist, also at 1300 mah will also work. Available here at R289.00.
    2. The Vision Spinner2 at 1650 mAh (will last longer the version 1 but is a little bit longer) availablehereat R400.00. With the same charger and wall adapter as mentioned above.
  2. CLEAROMIZER:
    1. On top of that my recommendation is a Kanger Protank Mini 3, which has dual coils so will give you a super hit. Also nice and slim and will fit the Vision Spinners like a glove. Takes 1.5 ml. get it here for R180.00. Get some spare coils for you mPT3, at R30.oo for one.
    2. Another, less expensive option is the Kangertech Evod2 at R100.00 here. From all accounts the Evod 2 is a great clearomizer as well, also dual coils. Takes the same spare coils as the mPT3.
Here is a picture of the Vision Spinner1:
ezQ0o3r.jpg

Picture of the Kanger Protank Mini 3 on top of a Vision Spinner1 and Vision Spinner2
tRLGqKj.jpg

If you do not mind a little bulkier:
  1. BATTERY:
    1. The MVP is very popular and has a battery capacity of 2600 mah - so should last almost twice as long as the Vision Spinner. R760.00 here. Comes with a USB charger, but do get a wall adapter. And a clearomizer, which is not well rated in this forum. There are some other MVPs, bit more expensive, on the site linked.
  2. CLEAROMIZER:
    1. On top of that - the Kanger Aerotank. The Aerotank uses the same coils as the Protank Mini 3 or the Evod 2 mentioned above, but takes 2.5 ml. Available here at R340.00 or here at R350.00.
Here a picture with dimensions of the MVP
HKIlxrC.jpg

Many reviews and more photos of above-mentioned gear in our review section.
Always a good idea a second atomizer to alternate juices and as a backup. A second backup battery is also recommended.

Winning post @Matthee

Nice to see the Spinner 2 against the Spinner 1 - wasnt aware of the extra height
I suppose the extra mah leads to a bigger unit...
Thanks ;-)

Back