Five Pawns - Juice Reviews

Sorry, I had to type it all out again to see if it would post. As you can see, it did...... :rolleyes:

Nah Uh... Tell me he didn't just steal my "vape your face off" slogan.

Like cloning parts wasn't enough.

Sent from the Millennium Falcon

Sorry Revn buddy old pal! I thought I heard it somewhere, but wasn't sure mmm..... :D

A new slogan will be thought of, and royalties paid to RevnLucky7 for the 1-time use of his!
;)

No problems! As long as it makes an enjoyable read for everyone.

I actually typed it op Word yesterday, and it seems copy and paste from there is a no-no.

My fingers are numb now, I gonna have a vape with foot.......

I have not got my 3rd Five Pawns , and Pin might do it as i enjoy the odd absynth , and i have had a taster so it has peaked my interest . But so far my Number Uno is Gambit .. and i can tell you exactly why - the ripe apple that you get is a perfectly exact replica for me of my mom's baked apple crumble pie .The added flavours round off a Mom's special that almost brought a tear to my eye when i first tasted Gambit .

Great reviews Silver1, i would love to hear what you think of the Absolute Pin, that is the first juice i have ever vaped and still have half a bottle left, i found that if i vape it for longer than a day i start disliking it then i change to a fruit flavour for a day or two and then i can go back and enjoy it again. Not to sure if it would be like that with all juices tho.. My flavour experiment has just kicked off and im really excited to get my hands on some other great juices.

Thanks Smokyg. Appreciated ;-)

Wow, your first juice ever vaped was Five Pawns Absolute Pin! That's quite a juice for your first one ;-)

If you read my first review (of Bowdens Mate), you may recall that I only bought 4 of the Five Pawns. I actually tasted them all first at VapeKing and decided to leave out Absolute Pin. I can't say much about it since I only took a few puffs - I didn't like the absinthe flavour. But that's just my personal taste.

I think the idea of the juice hunt is to get a few juices that you really like and rotate them regularly or even have more than one loaded in multiple devices. That way you keep interested and your taste buds don't go numb.

Have a look at the reviews of other juice brands in this section of the forum. I can recommend Vapour Mountain as a good place to sample great juices at great prices. You are bound to find at least one or two gems in their lineup. I did. Good luck!

Wow @Vapey McJuicy - what a review of Absolute Pin that was!
An absolute winner!
Loved the humour.

Looking forward to your next review

Vape on and review on... ;-)

I had a chance to taste bowden's mate and gambit today at vapeking. must say...like them both.

Thanks Smokyg. Appreciated ;-)

Wow, your first juice ever vaped was Five Pawns Absolute Pin! That's quite a juice for your first one ;-)

If you read my first review (of Bowdens Mate), you may recall that I only bought 4 of the Five Pawns. I actually tasted them all first at VapeKing and decided to leave out Absolute Pin. I can't say much about it since I only took a few puffs - I didn't like the absinthe flavour. But that's just my personal taste.

I think the idea of the juice hunt is to get a few juices that you really like and rotate them regularly or even have more than one loaded in multiple devices. That way you keep interested and your taste buds don't go numb.

Have a look at the reviews of other juice brands in this section of the forum. I can recommend Vapour Mountain as a good place to sample great juices at great prices. You are bound to find at least one or two gems in their lineup. I did. Good luck!
Your most welcome.

Yip! I bought my kit from them and then thought i should get some proper juice, i soon came to regret my decision as i 2 went to go test some other juices and found the Grandmaster to be my favourite.

Sadly my budget does not allow me to get more juice atm, but will soon be on the hunt for new flavours, but until then im stuck with Pin and Mango... Lol!

I will most definately go have a look at them, thanks for the tip :)

Wow @Vapey McJuicy - what a review of Absolute Pin that was!
An absolute winner!
Loved the humour.

Looking forward to your next review

Vape on and review on... ;-)

Thanks al lots for the kind words Silver! Coming from you our Resident Reviewer, that's a huge compliment :D

If I haven't given a proper thank you for all your great and informative reviews, let me say so now, keep it up please!

Review on buddy ;-)
V

Brilliant review! I must say i can barely taste the absinth with my iclear 16.. Perhaps its still the analogues messing with my taste buds .. I have to agree with you, its not a juice i like to vape day in and day out, altho its a very nice juice now and then i do enjoy it a lot!

Smoky, on the taste buds, let me just say what EVERYONE here will agree with, once the ciggies are gone completely, and them buds return to normal, man are you gonna taste & smell some good stuff!!

Just keep on vaping, its a journey and you have to start and then continue on yours :D you'll see!

Smoky, on the taste buds, let me just say what EVERYONE here will agree with, once the ciggies are gone completely, and them buds return to normal, man are you gonna taste & smell some good stuff!!

Just keep on vaping, its a journey and you have to start and then continue on yours :D you'll see!
I must say i do notice a diffirence now 1 week off the stinkies, but im sure it will even get better :) Ah i cant wait! Cant believe it took me so long to get into vaping tho. If i only knew.. Im sure everyone felt the same in the beginning?

Five Pawns GRANDMASTER (12mg - 50PG/50VG)

I was presented with an unmarked sample to taste blindly. Tasted first in an Igo-L dripper, cotton wick at 1.1 ohms on a k100. Thereafter on a Reomizer2, ceramic wick at 0.9 ohms on a Reo Grand.

This was my reaction to the presenter: No 3 tastes like some sort of nut to me. The aftertaste, however, I find I just cannot take - sour notes, almost vinegar with a sour milk effect. Very little throat hit. Will be interesting to hear what it is for certainly a taste I can eliminate to try in future.

An article @TylerD referred to says: Perhaps no one has carried the e-juice to higher pretensions than the California-based brand Five Pawns. Named for the five elemental tastes known to mankind -- sweet, salty, bitter, sour, and umami -- a signature Five Pawns liquid incorporates up to eleven different flavors in each recipe. "Umami" can be translated to ""pleasant savoury taste".

So, Grandmaster for sure not my cup of tea. Love Bowden's Mate, but need to find something similar at a reasonable price to prevent bankruptcy!

Thanks @Matthee. Once again shows just how subjective taste is. Grandmaster is one of my two favourites of the 5 Pawns (alongside Bowdens Mate).

On the issue of finding a Bowdens Mate alternative at a cheaper price, the best ive had so far is Vapour Mountain's Choc Mint. It has a similar taste. Not as premium in taste but i like it a lot. As i said in one of my posts, at a third of the price its definitely a winner in the value for money stakes.

Thanks @Matthee. Once again shows just how subjective taste is. Grandmaster is one of my two favourites of the 5 Pawns (alongside Bowdens Mate).

On the issue of finding a Bowdens Mate alternative at a cheaper price, the best ive had so far is Vapour Mountain's Choc Mint. It has a similar taste. Not as premium in taste but i like it a lot. As i said in one of my posts, at a third of the price its definitely a winner in the value for money stakes.
Thanks Silver, have tried that Choc Mint fresh out of the mail, but was not my taste and not near Bowdens Mate for me. However, will let it steep some and try again before I pen down my final impressions.

Perhaps Bowden's Mate gets much better at higher power ;-)

That's why I have kept enough of my 5Pawns in reserve to try them out and potentially review the differences - when I get UP the power curve...

Perhaps Bowden's Mate gets much better at higher power ;-)

That's why I have kept enough of my 5Pawns in reserve to try them out and potentially review the differences - when I get UP the power curve...
Man, you have discipline keeping those in reserve! Over in the Vapour Mountain thread at least 2 members have said that the VM choc mint needs steeping. So I'm still hopeful.

I've just tried Gambit at 0.55 ohm. This does not work. Serious kick, very little taste.
1 ohm or higher. as a matter of fact... I've tried it now at 3 settings. 1.1 ohm then 2 ohm, and now 0.5 ohm. Of all the above I had the most flavour at 2 ohm. Granted, you have less th, and nic satisfaction, but I guess on these signature juices you do it for the taste. so at 2 ohm, you have minimal th, but damn that taste is better than sex!
If you want hard th, and a nicotine kick in the rear, then vape a R120 bottle of juice.

Next stage of the experiment is to use silica. All the above was done with unboiled organic cotton. Will set up my Ithaka at 1 ohm with silica and report back.
ps, I'm only vaping 5pawns at night.

Bowden's Mate

I throroughly enjoy it. This tastes exactly like After Eight mint chocolates, or like my favorite childhood chocolate (Dr Hillers Peppermint chocolate....don't know if it was available in SA). Neither chocolate or mint is overpowering. It is a real treat, to be enjoyed on special occasions. The price is high, even in Europe it is the most expensive eliquid available. But its worth it, every cent, just not as an ADV for my income group :) Great that such a special liquid is available in SA. Would definitely buy this again.

My Rating: 10/10

I used the Nemesis with the Igo-L dripper. 0.8 ohm single coil on cottonwool. And don't forget: taste is subjective ;)

Great @Tom. I agree fully! Bowdens Mate is such a treat. I have to remember that and slow down from vaping it too often...

Gambit

Another great premium juice for the special occasion. As I like the sweeter things in life this one comes in perfectly. Well, the flavors were described by @Silver1 , what I need to add is that it has a somewhat liqueur flavor on the exhale, and a very nice one indeed. It was the first juice I had with that kind of taste. The Apple is not over the top, which is good to me as I am not to keen on fruity flavours. Its just the perfect blend in Gambit.
Nuff said :D. Would also buy this one again.

My Rating: 10/10

I used the Nemesis with the Igo-L dripper. 0.8 ohm single coil on cottonwool. And don't forget: taste is subjective ;)

Bowden's Mate

I throroughly enjoy it. This tastes exactly like After Eight mint chocolates, or like my favorite childhood chocolate (Dr Hillers Peppermint chocolate....don't know if it was available in SA).

this :)
dehillpfe.jpg

Well, here goes another try at a review...

GAMBIT

It reminds me of of the Spur Sweets! Love it! Soft, smooth and just right for a treat... LOVE IT!

Used my iClear16 and eGo-C Twist on 3.8v

GRANDMASTER

Realy lovely Banana and Nutty taste, the Banana is the one that makes it stand out. Against the Gambit it comes 2nd. But still it is a realy lovely.

Used my iClear16 and eGo-C Twist on 3.8v

Congrats @annemarievdh - enjoy the 5Pawns!

I still don't get much of the banana flavour coming through on the Grandmaster. Mainly the nutty tastes. I still like it a lot. But my favourite is Bowdens Mate...

Back